PDA

View Full Version : New mini or Mini?

bpirie1000
28th June 2006, 04:59 PM
So How about this for a topic.

Now that the Slightly larger "NEW" mini (as it is called) has been out for some time, How come we still call them new minis?

Should we not call the 2005 model the "NEW, NEW mini"
then the 2006/2007 Modifications will be the "NEW,NEW,NEW Mini"......

Or Do I have to much time on my hands and have put to much thought into that?

Well anyways Padded cell is calling...

Tell me what you think.........

Big Col
28th June 2006, 05:00 PM
I think you really need a hobby! :)

X30YES
28th June 2006, 05:01 PM
Mini would do for me

minimad
28th June 2006, 05:03 PM
what about the minier mini

Sweeney
28th June 2006, 05:11 PM
sh*te mini for the new new mini would do for me :p

Mini Me
28th June 2006, 05:35 PM
omg...i'm off !!!!!

Craig
28th June 2006, 05:42 PM
after having to deal with a lot of abuse from "New MINI Haters", I find it incredible that people still have the "100% BMW Free" stickers etc.

it's a MINI and should be referred to as such. Just because BL or Rover didn't make it, doesn't mean it isn't right - it's just different.

having owned both - I love them both. they are just different.

it's a MINI - end of. :approve::approve:

Crombers
28th June 2006, 06:00 PM
Mini for the classic & MINI for the new un's :approve:

Sweeney
28th June 2006, 06:03 PM
mini for both + the 2007 mini, although most people assume it's the "classic" when i tell them!

Scottie
28th June 2006, 06:06 PM
I'm not bothered generally I call our mini's "mines and yours" seems to work for us.

AndyP & Lenore
28th June 2006, 06:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Mini for the classic & MINI for the new un's :approve:

:approve::approve::D:D

AndyP & Lenore
28th June 2006, 06:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

I'm not bothered generally I call our mini's "mines and yours" seems to work for us.

LOL:D

minimadtez
28th June 2006, 06:52 PM
I have one of each.....if im writing about them I say mini and MINI, if im speaking about them i say "my classic" and my "new mini" or to people that know them, Coopy and Bumble!:)

minimadtez
28th June 2006, 06:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd
I find it incredible that people still have the "100% BMW Free" stickers etc.

yes because 'incredibly', there are people out there that still dont like MINIs

lightbody
28th June 2006, 07:48 PM
As the MINI continues to evolve and get updated every few years, I think the version we have currently will become notable for a number of reasons.

(a) Being the "comeback" car and a huge success, especially at the start.
(b) Being a little mongrel car from Rover & BMW with an interesting history of creation and far greater British content than later cars.
(c) Actually being SMALL (especially length) when compared with later models and other contemporary cars.

But the badge says MINI and thats what I tell people I drive. The original is the Classic Mini.

ianking
28th June 2006, 08:40 PM
I drive both and generally refer to them as the 'old mini' and the 'new mini'. Simply cause one is old and the other is new.
Those supposed new mini haters say that the new mini its not a proper mini. Well then surely neither is a Rover mini or a BL mini. If we listen to those folk then surely anything after an Austin 7 is not a 'real' mini.

Duncan Stewart
28th June 2006, 10:54 PM
All minis are minis as far as I'm concerned :D
Don't really get the "MINI" thing as my 93 Mini Rio was badged "MINI" front & back by Rover
Interesting to see how the next mini will be commonly refered to - I've seen people calling it the "Mini 3". I hope there is none of the stupid "I hate minis different to mine" carry on.

zimbo
28th June 2006, 11:47 PM
What Craig said... :approve:

Craig
29th June 2006, 12:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by zimbo

What Craig said... :approve:

:approve::approve:

bpirie1000
29th June 2006, 12:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
I think you really need a hobby! :)

I think Big Col was right..... :clown:

stoney
29th June 2006, 04:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

As the MINI continues to evolve and get updated every few years, I think the version we have currently will become notable for a number of reasons.

(a) Being the "comeback" car and a huge success, especially at the start.
(b) Being a little mongrel car from Rover & BMW with an interesting history of creation and far greater British content than later cars.
(c) Actually being SMALL (especially length) when compared with later models and other contemporary cars.

But the badge says MINI and thats what I tell people I drive. The original is the Classic Mini.

i agere with this i would say:D