PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Cleaning Items

Gismo
27th June 2006, 04:58 PM
Ok, gonna get into keeping the car clean, so, what's the recommended items to have

I already got the 2 buckets, wash mitt (several grit ridden sponges :D:I), NXT Gold Class Wash, brand new Sonus clay bar ;) so, micro fibre cloths, chamois, applcator pads, what else :question:
I don't need mega expensive stuff or the best, just a reasonable set up to give me a very good result for my efforts, or lack of :I

Big Col
27th June 2006, 05:10 PM
Jeez mate you've clearly got way too much time on your hands out there if you think you're going to start cleaning your motor! :D

Wul
27th June 2006, 09:41 PM
Well Mr Scotland, after washing and claying the car your next step is to polish the paint to remove any fine scratches and "feed" the paint. My current favourite is sonus paint cleanser, or you can try Megs clear coat body scrub or Deep Crystal Stage 1. Follow this up with a good wax or sealant - NXT Tech Wax, Gold Class, #16 Mirror Glaze from the Megs range, Klasse All-in-One, P21S etc. So it really depends how much you wanna spend etc.

Budget Range:
Skip the polish and use NXT Tech Wax regularly but have fine scratches.

Intermediate:
Megs CCBS/ DC#1 followed by NXT Tech Wax

Best Looks:
Sonus Cleanser followed by NXT Tech Wax or Klasse AIO followed by #16 Mirror Glaze or P21S.

Hmmmm.... i wonder what he'll go for!! 8)

zimbo
27th June 2006, 10:38 PM
Probably the budget option :D

The question is will we ever see BSs car in the "Wuls shiney MINIs thread"???

Allan
27th June 2006, 10:59 PM
As Wul Says but

Budget Range:
Skip the polish and use NXT Tech Wax regularly but have fine scratches or use Megs cleaner wax (which is quite good as dealing with fine scratches). Both leave a good finish

Gismo
28th June 2006, 02:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by zimbo
The question is will we ever see BSs car in the "Wuls shiney MINIs thread"???Maybe :p:I watch this space

Gismo
28th June 2006, 02:22 AM
Cheers Wul :evil: you couldn't just limit it to one thing could ya, i gotta now decide what to use:evil: :p
So, the best it is then :cool: right, who wants to wash my car :I

Wul
28th June 2006, 06:50 PM
You better have it gleaming for Arbroath now!! :p

Gismo
29th June 2006, 04:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul
You better have it gleaming for Arbroath now!! :pI aint committed to that yet, i'm expecting to be away on holiday, but, if i can't get a late deal then i'll be there :p

X30YES
29th June 2006, 05:23 AM
FFS ...Al you had a bump on the head :p:D...megs gold class wash and wax is a good starter :)...then the wheel cleaner ;)