PDA

View Full Version : MTH Tuner Map (fao Sully/Simon)

Sweeney
25th June 2006, 06:46 AM
Thinking of getting the MTH tuner remap but as usual im full of questions :p.

I know fiona had it done on her parklane jcw sound kit cooper, i assume having the sound kit map on my car already doesn't affect it like it does superchips' bluefin?

Also would i need to go all the way down to england to get it done? I remember seeing something about buying a cable from MTH to use on a laptop, is that true?

Scottie
25th June 2006, 06:49 AM
Sweeney I bought the cable and it was really easy peasy to download and uploaded the new file. I was worried about it but had no need.

The reason I bought the cable and stuff was so that I could put the car back to standard should I need to without having to travel miles as Invernees it so far from anywhere.

MartinSullivan
25th June 2006, 06:54 AM
HI mate, and Hi Fiona :D Im happy to do the file for you - or as Fiona says you can buy the cable and do it yourself and either Simon or me will offer you telephone support. Im in Kuwait just now - but if you have any questions email me. If you decide to buy the cable etc then you can easy bring it to me and Ill easy do the first download etc with you to get your confidence up. To be honest you wont really need to put it back to standard when it goes to the dealer or anything so the choice is yours.

Cheers , its 1:00 in the morning here so going back to sleep now :D

MartinSullivan
25th June 2006, 06:56 AM
PS and no having the soundkit map on your car isnt a problem, you take the existing map out of the car and send it away, and they work on that map to make their modifications, didnt realise Superchips had a problem with the sound kit, anyway MTH are aware of it and wont affect that side of things. One final point you are best doing your files through Si at essential, even if u buy the cable yourself as he will guarantee you a much quicker turn around - right really am going back to sleep now

Sweeney
25th June 2006, 09:26 PM
thats what i was going to do, emailed him about the lights im wanting too but hes on hols just now though and me being me i want them now! :p

Well ive got a laptop, lots of pc knowledge just the overwhelming fear of something going wrong and the car going clunk clunk BANG! :sleepy: although in regards to dealer servicing i thought that when the car gets serviced they update the ecu with any updates at that time therefore resetting the remap to standard?

Whats the difference in power figures from 97RON to 98/99?

So where abouts are you when your not in some far away distant land then?

Noticed this as well: "*Standard files still available to reduce yo-yo and stumble. £130 +vat . £40 +vat per upgrade thereafter." Is that for standard maps or tuner maps?

MartinSullivan
25th June 2006, 11:51 PM
The standard file is good - but the tuner file is so much better :)

Im based in aberdeen when im not in Kuwait, if you have any questions drop me an email and Ill try and answer them.

Sweeney
26th June 2006, 12:00 AM
only questions i have are those above :), just a matter of waiting till simons back. Is it easy enough to do being instructed over the phone as aberdeens a fair hike for me :(

MartinSullivan
26th June 2006, 12:24 AM
Power figures should be quoted on Simons site or on his forum, I dont actually know what they are for the new version of the tuner file.

Dealers rarely update the ecu unless you have reported a problem, its a hassle for them to do - actually takes a lot longer than the MTH way ;)

Its easy to do - really is point and click, for peace of mind I would like to set the laptop up myself and check it but its really not difficult.

Sweeney
26th June 2006, 12:27 AM
i'll get the cable etc sorted through simon once hes back although i assume its just point and click to go back to standard for dealer services etc? Might be better to take a run up to aberdeen for you to do it 1st (and get a shot of yer motor ;)), when do you get back?

Well i know you add ~3bhp onto MTH figures given the jcw sound kit, just wondered as i use bp ultimate just now would have to use optimax/tesco fuels if i get 98 ron file though.

stoney
26th June 2006, 07:52 PM
hey sweeney let me knohow u get on as i my whant a mth as well ;)

Sweeney
26th June 2006, 08:03 PM
we could get it at the same time, means it'll be cheaper :)

not as if you need the extra power anyway ya git :(

stoney
26th June 2006, 09:10 PM
thats true let me know how much it is between us!! [;p]

Sweeney
26th June 2006, 09:40 PM
still dear :p need to wait till simon is back from holiday, think the 7th of july he'll be back.

stoney
26th June 2006, 10:15 PM
no prob will just have 2 strat saving !!!!