PDA

View Full Version : New mini magazine !

gill
25th June 2006, 12:43 AM
Went into W H Smith today to have a nosy round and spotted there's a new mini magazine on the go!

Its' called Modern Mini and this is it's first issue! Not very thick for a mag, but Ewan's had a quick read and thinks it's OK!

Go out and buy a copy now!:D

Sweeney
25th June 2006, 12:47 AM
Theres was a post on mini2mini i think about that, one of the members (Foxy Mini) on there is an editor for it and is looking for feature cars :)

"I will have my introduction in issue 2 in July, and I have two whole pages to fill with club events and news!
So I need your stories, cars, events and meets, all your banter and silliness in my inbox! I will be doing a 'feature club' each month and I already have you down on my list as a potential club for this.
Please let me know if you're interested, and you can catch me on msn, as well as emailing me anything you'd like featured at foxy_mini@hotmail.co.uk.
You'll also see me at many Mini shows armed with a notebook and camera, so come out hunt me down if you're there!"

illegalhunter
25th June 2006, 04:31 AM
seen it not much in it never saw the price are there any other mags for the new mini get in there sweeny roving reporter

Sweeney
25th June 2006, 04:56 AM
im just a know it all bast**d ;), as far as i know there was go mini, but that stopped when i came onto the "mini scene".

ajamesj
25th June 2006, 05:31 AM
This sounds good will need to get my copy to read this week when iam away on my hols. What about a feature for next months fast and modified show stand.

Andy

Sweeney
25th June 2006, 05:37 AM
Andy give her an email then :p, not gonna steal your thunder mate :)

stoney
25th June 2006, 03:22 PM
that sounds cool i will pick up a copy later

soopercooper
28th June 2006, 02:44 AM
yeah i bought the mag today,it took me by surprise wen i saw it on the shelf in the garage,bit pricey for a skinny magazine,as soon as i looked thru it and bought some nice chrome washer jets

AndyP & Lenore
28th June 2006, 02:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by soopercooper

bit pricey for a skinny magazine

We would have to agree with that.

Coop
29th June 2006, 01:51 AM
I just bought it today - it is expensive at the moment, but I want to buy it so that hopefully it will get better and with more content. Its not bad at all, but if it doesn't get support at the start it'll go down the tubes in under a year.

Foxy Mini
3rd July 2006, 06:55 AM
Hi guys!
I hope nobody minds me posting this...

Glad to see you are all up for the mag and supporting it. Without you there will be no magazine. I'm Nicci, and I'm the club and events writer for the magazine.
I want you all to email me and the rest of the team anything you like, as much as you like! Witout people like yourselves, there would be no content.
We are all very aware that issue one lacks a bit of content, but I'm about to make sure it gets bigger and better, but to do that I need your help!

Are you guys up for a slot in our 'Club of the Month' feature?

Anybody that wants to emil me some info about the site is more than welcome, and any events you've got coming up after 28th July, I'll try to get them in the magazine for you. I need all club pages written and in the office by 10th July, so get cracking!

Contact me on: mm.clubs@kelsey.co.uk

Cheers,

Nicci

Smitty
3rd July 2006, 09:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by Foxy Mini

Hi guys!
I hope nobody minds me posting this...

Glad to see you are all up for the mag and supporting it. Without you there will be no magazine. I'm Nicci, and I'm the club and events writer for the magazine.
I want you all to email me and the rest of the team anything you like, as much as you like! Witout people like yourselves, there would be no content.
We are all very aware that issue one lacks a bit of content, but I'm about to make sure it gets bigger and better, but to do that I need your help!

Are you guys up for a slot in our 'Club of the Month' feature?

Anybody that wants to emil me some info about the site is more than welcome, and any events you've got coming up after 28th July, I'll try to get them in the magazine for you. I need all club pages written and in the office by 10th July, so get cracking!

Contact me on: mm.clubs@kelsey.co.uk

Cheers,

Nicci

Maybe a bit late noitce but why not come cover the Arbroath meet. There should be over 50 new MINIs there, and i think a lot of classics too!

Click here for more info!! (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5923)

Sweeney
3rd July 2006, 09:33 PM
and the f+m show :p

Foxy Mini
5th July 2006, 05:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smitty

Maybe a bit late noitce but why not come cover the Arbroath meet. There should be over 50 new MINIs there, and i think a lot of classics too!

Click here for more info!! (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5923)

Would have loved to but we're at Mini SHowdown that weekend :)

Keep me informed of all future events though!;)

AndyP & Lenore
5th July 2006, 05:25 AM

quote:Originally posted by Smitty

Would have loved to but we're at Mini SHowdown that weekend :)

Keep me informed of all future events though!;)

We have a run organised on Sunday 27th August. We have 20 Mini's on the list just now and 4 on the reserve list.

Heart Of The Borders Run (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7329)

You would be more than welcome to come along to our run, take some piccies and chat to whoever will talk to you. Be good to see you. Do you use Zoe Sharp for photo's? She's based in Cumbria. She's a fantastic novelist too!:D

N12 JLK
5th July 2006, 06:10 AM
Hello Foxy MINI , have been trying to buy wour mag but cant find it ANYWHERE:( please help. As for a run to cover this one was superb last year and should be a cracker this time, superb roads and nice cars. Try this link to find out more=
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6796

Foxy Mini
5th July 2006, 07:05 AM
Excellent, I'll see if I can get a mention for both in next edition of magazine. Will also see if we can attend :)

Foxy Mini
5th July 2006, 07:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

Hello Foxy MINI , have been trying to buy wour mag but cant find it ANYWHERE:( please help.

That's a mystery. It should be available in all larger Smith's stores, as well as waitrose and some smaller newsagents. If you cant get a copy, let me know and I'll send you mine! :approve:

AndyP & Lenore
5th July 2006, 07:34 AM

Hello Foxy MINI , have been trying to buy wour mag but cant find it ANYWHERE:( please help. As for a run to cover this one was superb last year and should be a cracker this time, superb roads and nice cars. Try this link to find out more=
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6796

Jason

We got our at W H Smiths. Go back and look again.;):D

AndyP & Lenore
5th July 2006, 07:37 AM

Excellent, I'll see if I can get a mention for both in next edition of magazine. Will also see if we can attend :)

That would be fantastic if you can attend them both.:D

Foxy Mini
6th July 2006, 04:29 AM
Also, if you cant get it at your local smith's then send the editor an email so he can sort it for you :)

N12 JLK
6th July 2006, 05:08 PM
My nearest W H Smith is in Glasgow:(

AndyP & Lenore
6th July 2006, 06:26 PM

My nearest W H Smith is in Glasgow:(

Lesley, I have a copy so I'll bring it on Friday, let you have a wee lookysee.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
7th July 2006, 02:34 AM
Brand new copy, still in it's WHSMith bag siting in our MINI waiting to be handed over to it's new owner on Friday night. Lesley & Jason, your search is over.:D

Foxy Mini
7th July 2006, 02:43 AM
Aww that's really nice!

Lesley, I suggest you find a large-ish newsagents near you and demand they stock it! Or just subscribe ;)

AndyP & Lenore
7th July 2006, 03:32 AM

Aww that's really nice!

Lesley, I suggest you find a large-ish newsagents near you and demand they stock it! Or just subscribe ;)

Not so.;) Inside the bag is a copy of the receipt for the magazine. And when you take into account wear and tear on the car's tyres, Jason's share of the annual service charge (10 mins), the £50 parking fine I got, along with anything else I can think of, he'd have been cheaper just driving to Glasgow to get his own copy.:eek::eek::blackeye:;)

N12 JLK
7th July 2006, 04:46 AM
MMM LET ME THINK BACK , NOW LOOK INTO THE CRYSTAL BALL OHH THERE ME SEE'S A VERY KIND HEARTED MAN BRINGING DOWN WHAT IT COULD BE BUMPERS FOR A CAR SPRAWLED ALL ALONG HIS CAR FROM INVERNESS, NAW IT CANT BE MUST BE MISTAKEN:p:p

AndyP & Lenore
7th July 2006, 06:51 PM

MMM LET ME THINK BACK , NOW LOOK INTO THE CRYSTAL BALL OHH THERE ME SEE'S A VERY KIND HEARTED MAN BRINGING DOWN WHAT IT COULD BE BUMPERS FOR A CAR SPRAWLED ALL ALONG HIS CAR FROM INVERNESS, NAW IT CANT BE MUST BE MISTAKEN:p:p

:D

ajamesj
8th July 2006, 03:58 AM
I got my copy in WH smith in Fort William on my hols a good mag but it was a quick read but will buy again cant wait for next issue.

Andy

Sweeney
8th July 2006, 04:00 AM
yet to purchase 1st issue, although i intend on subscribing.

N12 JLK
9th July 2006, 02:34 AM
Got a copy from Andy & Lenore and think its great, will subscribe in the next couple of days. Hopefully it will run for a long time:)