PDA

View Full Version : Insuferable fools

euan
24th November 2003, 07:12 PM
As I think some of you know, I'm living in the London most of the time now. Now, with what happened in the last week, this has made the place somewhat insuferable. I mean, it was bad enough with the 6-0 jokes, the oranges lying about everywhere, whenever I asked one guy a question he always answered with 6 with much glee (he won't be smiling however, as i sign his timesheets and am FAR too busy to do that right now...), but having whatched the Aussies buggering up my life on Saturday it's SOOO much worse. For those who missed the game, 6 times they mentioned 19 bloody 66 during the game. Never in the right context, prime example - full time, it was 14 all. First words Jim Rosenthal says? 1966, then he says the score. What the **** is that all about? I then had to go out, and all the cars where peeping their horns and waving like fools. Now, I'm in the office which is trying to find swing low as a soundbite to play ALL day. I tell you, I'm coming home...Went to my other halfs last night for dinner, and they were going on about it, I'm amazed i wasn't forced to watch the repeat which was on ALL weekend.

We do a lot of work with Finland and they have no idea whats going on, but then they were all drunk all weekend bashing each other with sticks in a sauna, so probably missed the whole thing. Lucky *******s.

rant over....for now.

Wul
24th November 2003, 07:44 PM
I feel your pain euan - come on home son, the war is over!

knaone
24th November 2003, 07:45 PM
It must be awful down there, still, it could be ever so slightly worse... you could be an aussie! imagine the slaggin any aussies in England are getting :D

Wul
24th November 2003, 07:48 PM
knaone - that could be dangerous as every barperson in london is austrailian! ;)

knaone
24th November 2003, 07:59 PM
:D:D:D dodgy pints all round then :D:p:p

euan
24th November 2003, 09:18 PM
To be fair, the aussies were in good form last week during the ill-fated Dutch debarcle. However, they all looked fairly dejected after the game at the weekend. All the English were driving past the Aussie bars making a LOT of noise. And yes, some very dodgy pints, but some mightly fine barmaids ;)

knaone
24th November 2003, 09:30 PM
They will need to keep friends with you incase they want you to go to the bar (your safe being scottish)8), and it means these aussie lovelies are more likely to go off with a scot to annoy the english :eek::D

Big Col
24th November 2003, 10:31 PM
I liked the Australian paper's report.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/rugby_world_cup/3232760.stm

Burple
24th November 2003, 11:17 PM
I share your pain...

6 Of us in the office... Only 3 of them are bloody English...
So far we have one poster, one English <spit spit> flag and one Rugby top (Obviously Just bought yesterday, and ironed straight out of the bag!!)Grrrrrrrrrr :disapprove::disapprove::mad::mad::disapprove::(:d ead::blackeye:

but on a lighter note... the retribution and Guerilla warfare has begun... some thieving scoundrel (heh) has nicked the flag and is holding it to ransom...:D:D:D:cool:

<whistles innicently and shuffles away> ;);):evil:

Monsta Mo Mini
24th November 2003, 11:23 PM
I noticed that all the tabloids have suddenly gone from no rugby coverage to LOTS...ignorant twats!!!!!

Julz
25th November 2003, 05:13 PM
I believe more tears were shed in Scotland than in Australia:(, we have one english guy who works here and knows better than to make any comment;):blackeye:

Monsta Mo Mini
25th November 2003, 06:18 PM
Was speaking to my mate in Sydney on Sunday night - they really aren't that bothered...but they don't get exposed to their TV, Radio, Newspapers. Nor do they have to live next to them! Tha bad news is it's only just started!!

Mini Martyn
25th November 2003, 07:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Was speaking to my mate in Sydney on Sunday night - they really aren't that bothered...but they don't get exposed to their TV, Radio, Newspapers. Nor do they have to live next to them! Tha bad news is it's only just started!!

Only just started is an understatement, how many times did we hear on Sunday "Oh its 12 hours in till the Heros come home!" then it was "Oh its only 5 hours intill the heros come home!" then they came home and we are still hearing about it, "The England Rugby Team came home to a Heros Welcome!!" :sleepy:

knaone
25th November 2003, 07:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

"The England Rugby Team came home to a Heros Welcome!!" :sleepy:

So people were there at the ready with eggs? :D:D:D:eek::p:p

euan
25th November 2003, 08:38 PM
It's spreading.....Went to see Fulham v Portsmouth at last night. All round the ground there were football fans singing Swing bloody low. This is not a healthy state of affairs. The players will start picking the damn thing up and running with it. Going to Stamford Bridge soon, there are even more of them go there......Mind you, looking forward to beating them at Murrayfield in February.

KenL
25th November 2003, 10:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan

Mind you, looking forward to beating them at Murrayfield in February.

Wake up Euan - Scotland have nae chance.

euan
26th November 2003, 12:04 AM
I can always dream :) I was dreaming last Saturday when we beat the Dutch, Geech may have gone but we have a new coach for the International side who is highly regarded, you just never know what will happen. Thats part of the joy of being a Scotland supporter. The realist tells you you'll get a thumping, the Scotsman in you tells you that no matter what, you'll support them and think they may just sneak one. I mean, I'm an Aberdeen supporter, I'm used to it - I dream of winning every Saturday, especially against the old firm after the pain they have dished out to us of late. Mind you, I'd rather be an Aberdeen supporter than a Dundee one right now. Scary times.

KenL
26th November 2003, 12:20 AM
Right enough Aberdeen really are crap these days.

euan
26th November 2003, 01:44 AM
cheers ken, hit me when I'm down :)

Wul
26th November 2003, 02:59 AM
To make matters worse - have you seen the signatures on MINI2 lately!?

knaone
26th November 2003, 03:35 AM
Seen the Signatures.... Dundee is the talk of the town just now, i'd hate to see them go completely.... you cant beat a Dundee derby, or a pie to throw at the refs head :D:D:D:D :p:p:p:p