PDA

View Full Version : SKY+ and DVD

euan
24th June 2006, 11:43 PM
OK, here's a question.

My old man has Sky+ and taped the Argentina game which I would like to copy onto DVD.

What are my options? I'll need to buy some kit to do it, I know that, so any suggestions appreciated!

The Dogfather
25th June 2006, 12:02 AM
You need to plug a DVD recorder into the second Scart Socket, then go to the planner and hit the red button to copy. The description will change to copy then hit select.

Gismo
25th June 2006, 12:36 AM
As VB says, you can also do it on the fly, as sky usually records a wee bit of the previous programme as well, simply play through the programme and freeze it at the bit you want to start at, record from the DVD recorder and press play on the sky+.
You'll need the scart cable to the recorder and also remember to select the right channel to record from sky :)

euan
25th June 2006, 02:06 AM
OK, thanks guys, any advice on a cheap DVD burner?

duncan
25th June 2006, 02:25 AM
You can pick up DVD recorders for about 100 quid now.
Lite-On, who did DVD burners for PCs, do one for around that price.
The bigger Asdas and the like might sell them.

Gismo
25th June 2006, 03:54 AM
For all things to do with DVD's look at DVD Reviewer (http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/reviews/summary.asp)

euan
25th June 2006, 10:46 PM
Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Gismo
26th June 2006, 04:20 AM
Wasn't thinking too much about this, but, you could get a video capture card in your PC and hook it up to the coax out on the sky+ box and simply record the image onto your computer, assuming you have sufficient hard disk space ;)
Then, simply burn the image as a DVD file

euan
26th June 2006, 04:57 AM
Hmm, that's an option - how big would 90 mins of football be?