PDA

View Full Version : DIY dash removal guide

Scottie
23rd June 2006, 07:25 PM
Anyone know how I would swap out my current dash trim and replace it with a leather one I managed to get my hands on much cheapness.:cool::D

Sweeney
23rd June 2006, 07:30 PM
is that the one with white stitching ;)

Scottie
23rd June 2006, 07:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

is that the one with white stitching ;)

Black:cool::cool:

not got them yet got to wait until ordered. Just want the instructions so I can give them to Allan.

bpirie1000
23rd June 2006, 07:44 PM
Leather.

Did I read that right?

Will that not screw up the airbags?

Just a thought.. Sure you won't want to find out........

But thought I would ask.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model=RC32&mospid=48010&hg=51&fg=30

try this.

Sweeney
23rd June 2006, 07:46 PM
ah, still waiting on mine coming through, germany/italy f****d up the stitching :(

you swapping for carbon fibre dash?

Sweeney
23rd June 2006, 07:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

Leather.

Did I read that right?

Yeah, JCW leather dash and/or downtubes with optional coloured stitching :D

Scottie
23rd June 2006, 07:49 PM

ah, still waiting on mine coming through, germany/italy f****d up the stitching :(

you swapping for carbon fibre dash?

nope ;);)

Sweeney
23rd June 2006, 08:02 PM
you doing more to that parklane, your murder aren't you. Unique edition car and you go spec it even more :p

ianking
23rd June 2006, 08:50 PM
It tells all about the dash removal in the Haynes manual.

Sweeney
23rd June 2006, 09:01 PM
im sure thats the pre facelift one though isn't it (5 pieces not 3), need to check it when i get home

ianking
23rd June 2006, 11:13 PM
The haynes manual makes reference to the facelift car as well.

Bignorm
23rd June 2006, 11:20 PM
hey fi thats your leather dash been sent to you the day the one with the white stitcing that should have been red typical germans wrong again sorry again mate

Sweeney
23rd June 2006, 11:32 PM
do you mean mine norman?

Scottie
23rd June 2006, 11:47 PM

do you mean mine norman?

Yours it would seem not as there are all mine now.:D:D;):p

thanks for the nod up Sweeney on your colour mis match as they match my Parklane spot on.;):kiss::kiss: saved my self a bit of a wait.

Sweeney
23rd June 2006, 11:59 PM
aye too right about the wait, terrible amount of time ive waited because of germany/italy!

norman!!!! wheres my update on mine :p;)

Bignorm
24th June 2006, 12:46 AM
JUST GOT A PHONE CALL FROM BMW THE ONES THAT GOT DELIVERED HERE THAT FI HAS GOT WERE FOR ANOTHER DEALER SO THEY ARE WAITING TO FIND OUT ON MONDAY OR TUESDAY REGARDING YOUS MATE I KNOW YOU ARE PI$$ED OF I WOULD BE ASWELL BUT I AM TRYING MYBEST AS SOON AS I HEAR ANYTHING ILL LET YOU KNOW MATE ANY PROBS YOU HAVE MY MOBILE

Scottie
24th June 2006, 12:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by roaster21

JUST GOT A PHONE CALL FROM BMW THE ONES THAT GOT DELIVERED HERE THAT FI HAS GOT WERE FOR ANOTHER DEALER SO THEY ARE WAITING TO FIND OUT ON MONDAY OR TUESDAY REGARDING YOUS MATE I KNOW YOU ARE PI$$ED OF I WOULD BE ASWELL BUT I AM TRYING MYBEST AS SOON AS I HEAR ANYTHING ILL LET YOU KNOW MATE ANY PROBS YOU HAVE MY MOBILE

Oop's bet some poor customer some where is MAD that his stuff has not arrived :I

and I've got myself a lovely set of leather accessories.:I:I:p:cool:

Hey Norman hope your not wanting them back.:p;)

Sweeney
24th June 2006, 12:54 AM
aye, me fi!

Thats alright norman, hopefully mine are on their way to somewhere :p... I don't wanna phone yer mobile unless you contact me if you can just keep me updated on whether they know or not on monday and tuesday. cheers

Bignorm
24th June 2006, 08:40 PM
OK WILL DO MATE

weefossy
3rd July 2006, 06:19 AM
Leather dash looks great with red stitching, but a tad too dear for us. With all these changes, does anybody have a 3 piece dash in plain silver for sale?
According to "Oor Nellie" the dash just "pops off" with a little bit of persuasion !!!

X30YES
3rd July 2006, 04:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by roaster21

Why does Sweeny have your mobile :question: :p;):D

Bignorm
3rd July 2006, 04:56 PM
cause i can be reached at home if he has any probs or questions alot of nms customers have my number

X30YES
3rd July 2006, 04:59 PM
Ah your number , thought he had your mobile and wondered how you would answer if he had it :clown::p

Sweeney
3rd July 2006, 06:34 PM
give him a break norman, hes getting old ;)

X30YES
3rd July 2006, 06:49 PM
quote ....ANY PROBS YOU HAVE MY MOBILE !!!!!! (not mobile number as it should have read )hence the question why does sweeney have you mobile !!!!:clown:

Sweeney
3rd July 2006, 06:58 PM
it's actually a common thing to say that, maybe too "young and hip" for you though? ;) haha

if i had his phone it should have read YOU HAVE MY MOBILE PHONE :p