PDA

View Full Version : 24. - series 1

AndyP & Lenore
21st June 2006, 09:13 AM
Did anyone else watch this?

I bought the DVD box set about six months ago and never got round to watching it. But I started it a couple of nights ago and now I can't switch the damb thing off. The first couple of hours were a tad dull, but I'm up to Hour 8 now and, oh boy, it's fantastic.:D:D

Elisha Cuthbert helps.;):p:p:p

A>

sleepyrascal
21st June 2006, 07:28 PM
24 rules. Was bored one night so went to ASDA and bought season 1. I watched the wholw thing in about 3 days!! haha.

So now i have bought and sold all dvd box sets to date and waiting for number 5 to come out in August! WOO!!

If you liked season 1.. IT ONLY GETS BETTER!!!!!

Gismo
22nd June 2006, 12:47 AM
Yep, i'm like sleepy, every time the bigger box sets come out i get it and sell the old one, i've got to watch series 4 and 5's just on TV, but obviously didn't watch it as it all leads on ;)

Marco77
22nd June 2006, 01:18 AM
yip got the first and second season from asda too last xmas as they did them for £20 a season so i bought them got my sis in law hooked so she bought season 3 and 4 so ive watched them all waiting for season 5 to come out

Mark R
22nd June 2006, 01:33 AM
I've watched all 5, all good. I got season 5 on the US iTMS.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd June 2006, 02:09 AM
And I think the way to watch them is on DVD. I would imagine it is easier to see the story develop over 3 days or a couple of weeks even, rather than over 6 months on TV. That would drive me crazy. It's not so bad with something like Lost, which has the premise that it's over a few weeks, but a 24 episode TV show covering 24 consecutive hours would be impossible to follow on TV. IMHO.

Looks like I need to source Season 2/3/4/5/6..... :D:D

sleepyrascal
22nd June 2006, 07:42 AM
Can someone confirm the UK season 5 release? I think its October....

Gismo
22nd June 2006, 07:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal
Can someone confirm the UK season 5 release? I think its October....25th September :approve:

AndyP & Lenore
22nd June 2006, 09:22 AM
How does 24 compare to the likes of CSI or CSI Miami? My brother in law watches all the CSI's and he loves them. And I was speaking to an American friend a while ago and he said that CSI is better than 24. 24 won out in the store when I had money to burn.:D

Smitty
22nd June 2006, 04:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Can someone confirm the UK season 5 release? I think its October....25th September :approve:

It sucks....so much later than usual! Normally middle of august for release...why make me wait so long!:dead:

Im a regualar 24'er but has to be the box sets. Can't watch it on TV cuz its just to good to wait a week for the next episode! Watched the fourth series in 3 days, with a twelvle hour sitting on the 3rd day! Good effort i think!:D

sleepyrascal
22nd June 2006, 07:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smitty

It sucks....so much later than usual! Normally middle of august for release...why make me wait so long!:dead:

Im a regualar 24'er but has to be the box sets. Can't watch it on TV cuz its just to good to wait a week for the next episode! Watched the fourth series in 3 days, with a twelvle hour sitting on the 3rd day! Good effort i think!:D

haha... me too!! :D I spent my whole day one Sunday just watching 24.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd June 2006, 08:20 PM

Ah MAN! That's the way to do it.:D:D

Mark R
23rd June 2006, 02:39 AM

I've always thought about doing that myself but I don't think I could convince anyone to let me have the TV for that long.

Duncan Stewart
23rd June 2006, 06:11 AM
Recently bought series 1 to 4 of 24. It has caused many late nights! :eek: now nearing the end of series 2. I'd seen series 1 & 2 on channel 4 but they are much better (and make more sense) when watched on DVD :D Very addictive :p

Scottie
23rd June 2006, 06:47 AM
it's rubbish much better watching desperate housewifes;):p:blackeye::cool:

duncan
23rd June 2006, 06:53 AM
I can't do the DVD thing, I've got to see them as they come out.
And what makes matters worse, is we're weeks behind the US/Canada when they're broadcast, but ahead of them in the DVD release dates.

I would rate them in best to worst order :-

Season 4
Season 1
Season 5
Season 2
Season 3

sleepyrascal
23rd June 2006, 08:28 AM
As long as Kim, Jack, Tony, the brainy girl, stay in for season 5, its all good. I think they should bring back Kims boyfriend too. He was a good addition to the team!

AndyP & Lenore
1st July 2006, 08:33 AM
Just finished season 1.

Warning: Season ONE Spoilers follow!!!! For those who haven't seen it yet.

Holy SH!T. I did not see that coming. Nina as the spy!!! I didn't trust Mason, or Tony for most of the show. But I really did not see Nina coming.

Loved the way Palmer got rid of his bitching, controlling wife. Sheesh! I couldn't live wit that woman. "And now the President of the USA and her husband - David Palmer!"

Was gutted Teri was killed. She was a bit whiney, but still felt sorry for Jack.

Sutherland was excellent throughout the show. Never really been a huge fan of anything he's done except "The Lost Boys" and the voice in "Phone Booth" which he was particularly good in.

Aw shucks. This is gonna cost me.

Season 2...
Season 3.....
Season 4.......

$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£:D

Gismo
1st July 2006, 04:37 PM
Buy the box sets 1 - 4, or, even wait a wee while and get the 1 - 5 series, always better value :cool:

euan
1st July 2006, 10:23 PM
I might have to go out and get some of these again. I've watched 1-3 and have 1 & 3 on DVD but may need to get hold of the box sets...

Loved series 1, it was my favourite.

The Dogfather
1st July 2006, 11:58 PM
Season 2 was excellent, I started watching 3 as well but the sky+ box broke with 8 episodes on :(

AndyP & Lenore
6th July 2006, 05:50 AM
So I was in WHSmith the other day buying the latest issue of Empire. Was strangely drawn over to the DVD wall. Then specifically to the TV Box Sets section. I left the shop relieved of my £3.99 for my Empire and £21.99 for 24 Season 2. Already 3 episodes in and loving it just the same as the first one.

"OK. I'm gonna need a hacksaw!" YIKES!!!!!!:eek::eek::dead::p:D;)

Smitty
6th July 2006, 07:11 AM
Season 2 is a GOOD one.....some extremly unexpected twists in that one!!! Keep watching :D

euan
4th August 2006, 08:12 PM
Was sent this, thought it was funny :)

- You can lead a horse to water. Jack Bauer can make him drink.

- If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.

- If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

- Upon hearing that he was played by Kiefer Sutherland, Jack Bauer killed Sutherland. Jack Bauer gets played by no man.

- Every time you masturbate Jack Bauer kills a terrorist. Not because you masturbated, but because that is how often he kills terrorists.

- Osama bin Laden's recent proposal for truce is a direct result of him finding out that Jack Bauer is, in fact, still alive.

- Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.

- Jack Bauer was never addicted to heroin. Heroin was addicted to Jack Bauer.

- 1.6 billion Chinese are angry with Jack Bauer. Sounds like a fair fight.

- Jack Bauer killed 93 people in just 4 days. Wait, that is a real fact.

- Jack Bauer doesn't miss. If he didn't hit you it's because he was shooting at another terrorist twelve miles away.

- Jack Bauer let the dogs out.

- Superman wears Jack Bauer pyjamas.

- Jack Bauer's favorite color is severe terror alert red. His second favorite color is violet, but just because it sounds like violent.

- If Jack and MacGyver were locked in a room together, Jack would make a bomb out of MacGyver and get out.

- Jack Bauer played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.

- Lets get one thing straight, the only reason you are conscious right now is because Jack Bauer does not feel like carrying you.

- Jack Bauer got Hellen Keller to talk.

- When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists. Jack Bauer ****ing hates lemonade.

- When you open a can of whoop-ass, Jack Bauer jumps out.

- Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry.

- The quickest way to a man's heart is through Jack Bauer's gun.

- Jack Bauer can get McDonald's breakfast after 10:30.

- Jack Bauer is the leading cause of death in Middle Eastern men.

- People with amnesia still remember Jack Bauer.

- It would only take 1 bullet for Jack Bauer to kill 50 Cent.

- Jack Bauer once won a game of Connect 4 in 3 moves.

- Jack Bauer has been to Mars. That's why theres no life on Mars.

- When the boogie man goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Jack Bauer

- Simon Says should be renamed to Jack Bauer Says because if Jack Bauer says something then you better ****ing do it.

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2006/jack-bauer-p1.php

AndyP & Lenore
4th August 2006, 09:22 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/lmao.gifhttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/lmao.gifhttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/lmao.gifhttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/lmao.gif

Brilliant!

AndyP & Lenore
16th August 2006, 08:42 AM
Now half way through season 2.:D

It's still good, but doesn't have the same sense of threat as the first one. I can't help but get the feeling his daughter is only part of the story to fill a gap. It's only every couple of episodes Jack gets an update on what's happening with her and he he seems p!ssed of for a minute or so then its.... "ho, hum... back to work"

I was in WHSmith the other day looking for a Mobile Phone buyers guide magazine and came across "The Official 24 Magazine". WTF:eek::question::question::question: Reminds me of a few years ago when yo-yo's were all the craze and they brought out a yo-yo fans magazine.:eek::clown::cool:

A.

AndyP & Lenore
5th September 2006, 05:21 AM
So that's series 2 finished. Some really good twists. And a good series, but not as good as series 1.

Need to get hold of Series 3 now. Will need to wait for normal sleep patterns to return though. Been doing 3 episodes a night for a few days.:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::clown:;)

A.:D

sleepyrascal
5th September 2006, 06:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

So that's series 2 finished. Some really good twists. And a good series, but not as good as series 1.

Need to get hold of Series 3 now. Will need to wait for normal sleep patterns to return though. Been doing 3 episodes a night for a few days.:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::clown:;)

The new series is out in october..... WOOOO

Smitty
5th September 2006, 04:49 PM

Yup, on countdown already!!

Reckon i'll need to see Sentinel to see to get the Kiefer Sutherland/Govermant Agent fix before that!!:p

Gismo
5th September 2006, 05:22 PM
Reckon i'll need to see Sentinel to see to get the Kiefer Sutherland/Govermant Agent fix before that!!:pSaw that on the plane coming back from Baku, wished i'd waited to watch it at the cinema or at home :p

sleepyrascal
5th September 2006, 07:30 PM

Reckon i'll need to see Sentinel to see to get the Kiefer Sutherland/Govermant Agent fix before that!!:p

Its honestly just like a film length version of 24! Keiffer plays JACK only with a different name. Quality film!

Smitty
5th September 2006, 08:09 PM

Its honestly just like a film length version of 24! Keiffer plays JACK only with a different name. Quality film!

*Up and leaves work and heads for the cinema....who needs jobs anyway!!*:p:D

AndyP & Lenore
5th September 2006, 08:50 PM

*Up and leaves work and heads for the cinema....who needs jobs anyway!!*:p:D

LOL.:D:D Alternativley you could get a job IN a cinema. Folk seem to think I just sit and watch the films. Typical conversation....:

Stranger: "So what do you do?"

Me: "I run the local cinema. 4 screens, family run. Keeps us busy and out of mischief":approve:

Stranger: "Aw! That's well cool! Bet you get to watch all the films before anyone else!":eek:

Me: (After careful considration) "Thats correct. We see the entire film many weeks before anyone else does. Sometimes before it's even finished. 'Cos all we do all day is sit and watch films!":dead:

Stranger: "Really?" With genuine credulity in his/her voice.

Me: "Naw!:mad: When we're working, we're working. No time to sit and watch films. You know what I do to watch a film? Come in on my day off or go to Edinburgh or sometimes we have staff shows where we watch a film at the end of the night once everyone's gone home."

Stranger: "Oh. That sounds sh!t."

Me: (Shrugs shoulders - 'cos what else is there to say);)

However, sounds like I'm gonna have to make time to go and see Sentinel.:D

james f
5th September 2006, 09:22 PM
dose look and sound very good

Smitty
5th September 2006, 09:31 PM
Me: (After careful considration) "Thats correct. We see the entire film many weeks before anyone else does. Sometimes before it's even finished. 'Cos all we do all day is sit and watch films!":dead:

Really???:p:eek:

That not the perks of being the manager??;):p

Big Col
5th September 2006, 10:23 PM
Andy awa and don't talk P!sh yer no foolin' anybody!

Scottie
5th September 2006, 10:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

O'ooooooooooo Big Col are you

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/stirthepot.gif

;):p

AndyP & Lenore
5th September 2006, 11:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

quote:Originally posted by Big Col

O'ooooooooooo Big Col are you

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/stirthepot.gif

;):p

LOL. :D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
5th September 2006, 11:42 PM
I'm trying to think back to the last time I watched a film here in the cinema, while I was on duty, instead of doing any jobs that may be sitting for me.......

Star Wars episode V re-issue in April 1997. And I remember it because the fekking fire alarms went off half way through and we had to work anyway evacuating all our customers.

Other than that, I cannae think of any other film I've watched while working.

You see bits and pieces of films as you wander all the halls making sure the likes of Big Col don't have their feet on the seats in front and the likes of ScottieCoop aren't videotaping the fekking thing off the screen.:clown::I;):D.

Scottie
5th September 2006, 11:49 PM

the likes of ScottieCoop aren't videotaping the fekking thing off the screen.:clown::I;):D.

sweet idea never thought of that.;):p

eating http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/eatpopcorn.gif and then finishing off with a good http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/fart.gif

AndyP & Lenore
6th September 2006, 12:33 AM
Series 3 ordered from Amazon. Yippeeeeeeeee:D

Gismo
13th October 2006, 05:30 PM
Nearing the end of series 4 :p brilliant :cool:
Am away to order the 1 - 5 boxset

Smitty
13th October 2006, 10:26 PM
Not long till season 5 is out....cant wait:D

sleepyrascal
15th October 2006, 01:20 AM
ive ordered 5 from amazon already. You get a good discount if you order before a certain date. Pre- order obviously.