PDA

View Full Version : What is the best exhaust and induction kit to buy

Thomo2005
20th June 2006, 03:46 PM
I am just away to do my mini cooper up, with mth remap, exhaust and induction kit. what is the best exhaust and induction to buy. Also any other suggestions of other MODS that will bring up the speed and acceleration of my cooper.:D

Gismo
20th June 2006, 04:01 PM
Hmm, i think the play mini is about the best, not that i have one :I
I'm not sure any of the induction kits give you that much more power, Gaj i think installed the K&N having tried the Alta????.
You can always drill some holes in the air box to give a better sound ;)
In any case, the cooper simply does not improve very much over standard :disapprove: yes the MTH remap will get you up to around 130 BHP, but, your best bet is to lose weight :I not you specifically, but, shed the run flat tyres, throw out the back seats etc.
That's a bit drastic, but mostly the only way.

Scottiecoop had the sound kit fitted and then remapped with the MTH and she was well happy :approve:

Big Col
20th June 2006, 04:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Scottiecoop had the sound kit fitted and then remapped with the MTH and she was well happy :approve:

But she is a girly so really has no idea about cars! ;)

Thomo2005
20th June 2006, 04:16 PM
cheers, would drilling holes in the air box not make a mess, also all the crap would get in, or is it ok to drill holes.

Gismo
20th June 2006, 04:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Thomo2005
cheers, would drilling holes in the air box not make a mess, also all the crap would get in, or is it ok to drill holes
Well, you're gonna damage the box for one thing, but, the holes are generally drilled on the bulkhead side or nearer the bottom.
It's a drastic measure that does work, i wouldn't do it, especially if the car will be going in for servicing, which leads to another dilemma ;)
Any mods will not be covered under warranty and that includes the induction kit and some refuse to work on your car if the kit is installed when you take it in during the TLC service work.

Personally, i would fit and remove the induction kit for trips to the dealer ;)

Burple
20th June 2006, 05:37 PM
WHat BS ^ says :D

Definitely Playmini! Had the same one on both of my cars, wouldn't change it! :cool:
As for induction kits I've got a RamAir one, and I've never had any bother with it, good piece of kit. That and the PiperX one both sound about the same, the K&N one is a fair bit louder and deeper. They should all take about 10 mins to fit! :cool:

Scottie
20th June 2006, 06:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

But she is a girly so really has no idea about cars! ;)

:blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::p:kiss: you may have a point :D

bigcoyote
21st June 2006, 12:49 AM
Hey there,

Well here in the States the popular intake is the Webb Motorsports High Density Intake - very well built and looks great also. I have the Dinan Cowl Induction - and here in the States Dinan parts do not void the factory warranty ( they are approved by BMW ).

Hope this helps

:D

stoney
21st June 2006, 04:16 AM
I have piper cross cone filter and a custom exahust for sale never had any probs with BMW for servicing or with waranty e.mail me for pics if you are interested

N12 JLK
21st June 2006, 05:20 AM
Ive got the JCW sound kit fitted to mine and am very happy with that as it sounds good and pulls better through the revs and keeps my warranty intact.:cool: