PDA

View Full Version : Brake Calipers: Black Or Red? (Getting Red)

Sweeney
16th June 2006, 02:13 AM
Another "help me" thread :dead:, going to get my brake calipers painted however im unsure as whether black would look better than red.

It's a chilli red all over mini, stock arches etc, wheels will be R99 Anthracites and black side indicators; personally i'd like the look of glossy black brakes but can't beat the eye catching red showing through. Although i think it might look a bit too "red" if you know what i mean :sleepy:. What do y'all think i should go for?

AndyP & Lenore
16th June 2006, 02:27 AM
I like the look of red but that is just my opinion.:D

L

Neil and Lorna
16th June 2006, 02:50 AM
Ryan i'm having the same delema.
Red,Black,Blue,silver.

Dooin ma heed in.

N :D:D

Sweeney
16th June 2006, 02:52 AM
aye, i wouldn't say silver as its already silver, for your i think red would contrast the blue quite well, although i still think blacks better to look at :)

AndyP & Lenore
16th June 2006, 02:52 AM
RED

A.

Neil and Lorna
16th June 2006, 03:10 AM
If I went for silver I could do the Lexus with it as well.
Saves buying 2 tins cause I'm a tight git.
The Lexus wont look right coloured.

N :D:D

Sweeney
16th June 2006, 03:16 AM
no friends or family offering to lend you a few bob then no? :p take the hint "A."

stoney
16th June 2006, 03:29 AM
i would go for black mate as i think the red may be a bit much

Gismo
16th June 2006, 03:32 AM
Has to be red, you won't see the black, especially if the wheels are in the shade :cool:

Neil and Lorna
16th June 2006, 03:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by s700ony

i would go for black mate as i think the red may be a bit much

Edging towards black.

N:D:D

Neil and Lorna
16th June 2006, 03:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

no friends or family offering to lend you a few bob then no? :p take the hint "A."

Andys tighter than me.;);)

N.:D:D

Sweeney
16th June 2006, 03:36 AM
oh dear, i'll say no more then :p

stoney
16th June 2006, 03:37 AM
i had black on my last car and it looked good:cool: that is why i would go for black:p

Sweeney
16th June 2006, 03:39 AM
any pics!?

stoney
16th June 2006, 03:42 AM
no sorry mate not of that car !! but i have seen a few with red and black both look good but for me it has 2 be back

Sweeney
16th June 2006, 03:46 AM
i admit red looks good with red, dads 360 has them and bros evo 8 has them, but i think on the mini it might seem OTT. I've yet to see black but i think it'd look better, obviously not as eye catching though.

AndyP & Lenore
16th June 2006, 04:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by Neil and Lorna

Andys tighter than me.;);)

We are also skint:( after oor hols.:D

AndyP & Lenore
16th June 2006, 04:21 AM
I think you should go for the red and then with the paint left over you could do ours.;):D

AndyP & Lenore
16th June 2006, 04:22 AM

i admit red looks good with red, dads 360 has them and bros evo 8 has them, but i think on the mini it might seem OTT. I've yet to see black but i think it'd look better, obviously not as eye catching though.

Sweeny the JCW Callipers are red. Like BS said, you probably wouldn't notice black.

A.

Neil and Lorna
16th June 2006, 04:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

I think you should go for the red and then with the paint left over you could do ours.;):D

See how tight he is he wont even buy his own tin.;)

Sweeney
16th June 2006, 04:25 AM
only the front calipers are jcw's, the rear remain standard :p but black would look just as good, not as noticable but still as good.

AndyP & Lenore
16th June 2006, 04:30 AM

Aye but it wasnae Andrew posting.;):D

Sweeney
16th June 2006, 04:34 AM
doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me who posts though haha :p your accountable for what he says and vice versa ;)

Neil and Lorna
16th June 2006, 04:36 AM

Aye but it wasnae Andrew posting.;):D

Typical women eh trying to get out of the decorating.;)

N.:D

Smitty
16th June 2006, 06:57 PM
Same dilema.......blue or red!!! I think its gona be red cuz can't get my hands on some EB hammerite!!

AndyP & Lenore
16th June 2006, 07:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smitty

Same dilema.......blue or red!!! I think its gona be red cuz can't get my hands on some EB hammerite!!

See, for you Smitty, I'd say black. I don't think blue or red would work on your car. All IMHO, of course.:D:D

Smitty
16th June 2006, 07:31 PM

See, for you Smitty, I'd say black. I don't think blue or red would work on your car. All IMHO, of course.:D:D

Don't no about black......bit boring to be honest! May aswell keep them the standard silver metal! Jusy IMHO aswell of course;):p

Its just of question of Blue.....to keep them sutle.....or Red to make them stand out! But would red be tacky??

O....the problems!!

Sweeney
16th June 2006, 07:34 PM
red looks nice with blue, yellow on the other hand would look tacky :p

Bignorm
16th June 2006, 07:36 PM
HEY SWEENEY TOLD YOU RED WILL DO THE TRICK makes it stand out a lot better

Burple
16th June 2006, 08:31 PM
If you're undecided, paint em silver. They'll look a bit more shiny, and the calipers won't corrode :p:p:D

Sweeney
16th June 2006, 09:53 PM
ok, red it is, get it all organised for me norman aye? also how many coats are you going to do? :p

Mon the fish
17th June 2006, 05:55 AM
Got to be red callipers with EB-
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j187/gordonfgunn/Minis1.jpg

Sweeney
17th June 2006, 05:57 AM
i agree, although everyone has their own preferences.

Smitty
17th June 2006, 06:16 AM
Its decided....red it is.....and Hammerite do red!

Thank you Mon the Fish....that helped big time!!

Mon the fish
17th June 2006, 06:25 AM
No probs... but JCW also do red :p

Smitty
17th June 2006, 06:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mon the fish

No probs... but JCW also do red :p

Haha....i feel there might be a wee price difference between a tin of Hammerite and a JCW Brake Kit:blackeye:;)

Sweeney
17th June 2006, 06:29 AM
jcws are only front calipers though, so it looks daft (of course that is my opinion and im not intending to offend anyone who has it :I)

don't understand why they don't do rear calipers as well as front though, would make more sense, although i understand WHY they left the rear standard due to the brake bias of the car.

Coop
19th June 2006, 07:12 AM
I was thinking of doing this before Arbroath, after seeing Mon the Fish's car I have decided to go for red. So will every EB car on here have red calipers? I'll need to do something different to stand oot.........

I'm away for a wee think now ;)

X30YES
19th June 2006, 03:38 PM
YELLOW:p

Smitty
19th June 2006, 07:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Coop

I was thinking of doing this before Arbroath, after seeing Mon the Fish's car I have decided to go for red. So will every EB car on here have red calipers? I'll need to do something different to stand oot.........

Yup.....mine are away to get done red!!:D;)

How about white?? Kool but would be a nightmare to keep clean!!

Bignorm
19th June 2006, 09:32 PM
HEY SWEENEY SORTED FOR YOU

Sweeney
19th June 2006, 09:53 PM
:D, no update on dash yet no? interior go through ok too?

Bignorm
19th June 2006, 10:37 PM
still waiting on an answer from germany interior all been ordered just waitnig on it coming in

Sweeney
19th June 2006, 11:07 PM
ok cheers, give me a phone as soon as they get back to you! :)

Mon the fish
20th June 2006, 01:18 AM
Not sure I can make Arbroath yet, but if all the EB's there will have red callipers I'll need to see what I can do. Would make a cracking pic :D

Coop
22nd June 2006, 01:13 AM

Yup.....mine are away to get done red!!:D;)

How about white?? Kool but would be a nightmare to keep clean!!

White?!?!?! Ya crazy fool! Do you drive yer car or just clean it ? :D

I had a look at ma calipers but there's not much space to do any logo's etc which is what I was thinking of. I'll need to do some more thinking :(

Smitty
22nd June 2006, 04:20 PM
White?!?!?! Ya crazy fool! Do you drive yer car or just clean it ? :D

Haha, no no, it has to be driven! But gotta admit.....it wou look kool!:cool: