PDA

View Full Version : Ouch...

The Bull
14th June 2006, 07:10 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/Picklehammer/Mini%20Cooper%20S/Photo-0049.jpg

Well 3 years of hassle free motoring in my Mini ended tonight when another (female) driver pulled out of a junction on me without looking. I swerved to avoid but she just kept coming. My bags didn't go off but the seatbelt pre-tensioners did. Can't believe it, I only have the car for another month then I was getting my new one.

Her banger is a write off but I think mine will need a bumper, bonnet, radiator and a bit of work in the engine bay but it's not looking bad considering. Says a lot for the strength of the car.

The police said it was clearly her at fault so I shouldn't have any problems with insurance. If she has it that is!

Scottie
14th June 2006, 07:36 AM
:(:(

Gismo
14th June 2006, 12:04 PM
Oh dear, hope everything gets sorted soon :disapprove:

X30YES
14th June 2006, 01:28 PM
They just wont wait for that extra few will secs will they ...bet your gutted .

jayex
14th June 2006, 03:15 PM
sorry to hear that :(:dead: - hope it alll gets sorted soon !

indigomatt
14th June 2006, 04:07 PM
:eek::dead::dead: that's nay good, hope it all works oot OK...any photo's ;)

Craig
14th June 2006, 04:56 PM
sorry to hear that - I hate it when people don't look... :disapprove:

The Dogfather
14th June 2006, 04:58 PM
Bad news mate. Two weeks before we were due to pick up our MINI some bimbo in a BMW decided to reverse into the front of our Vectra :(. Her insurance company realised it was her fault and sorted the car in less than 10 days so hopefully they'll sort it as soon as ........

minidriver#1
14th June 2006, 05:51 PM
Be careful not to offend the female users here btw. That's hard luck mate :( I had a man in a van plough through me on a round a bout 3 weeks after i got my car.

AndyP & Lenore
14th June 2006, 06:18 PM
Thats a shame:(, hope you get it sorted soon.

Burple
14th June 2006, 06:19 PM
:(:(:(

There's just too many idiots out there not paying any attention :(:(
What is it with people beig so ignorant? I mean the people who see the place they want to be in the traffic, and just put themselves there, with no regard for the conditions, or what the other drivers around them are doing?
I thought it was meant to be harder to pass a driving test these days?

Hope you get it sorted real quick, and watch out for where the insurance company want to put the car in for repair! My insurance company wanted to put mine into Arnold Clark's to get 4K of damage sorted. Yeah right. Nice try. Made them change THAT to a BMW garage (Mind you that was John Clarks and I had to take it back twice after that so they could put it back together properly! :eek::blackeye:)

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I hope it caused her a considerable amount of pain :D It might teach her to pay attention!

Smurf
14th June 2006, 08:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

Be careful not to offend the female users here btw.

:D Why would that be, KJ? :D;)

Certainly no offence taken by me, can't say for anyone else though.
There are a lot of really bad drivers out there, both male and female!
Hope you get it all sorted out in your favour, pickle...

Smitty
14th June 2006, 09:02 PM
Ouch, nasty!!:dead:

How bad is the damage? Just bodywork or has any engine or chassis parts been damaged?

Big Col
14th June 2006, 10:04 PM
Oooh sore one mate. Hope you get it sorted with the minimum amount of hassle! :(

By the way, I wouldn't worry about offending the female drivers on here me ol' china! Tough as old boots the lot of them, if you'll pardon the phrase. ;)

monkimagic
15th June 2006, 12:44 AM
Nasty buisness, looks sore.

Hope it all works out fine though

PASL
15th June 2006, 03:15 AM
WOMEN

stoney
15th June 2006, 04:16 AM
ouch i would be geting bmw 2 sort it if it was not my falt !!

hope all gets sorted

The Bull
15th June 2006, 05:51 AM
Sorry didn't mean to offend any of out female fraternity on the board.

Luckily it's a lease car through my work and RAC accident management took care of the initial stuff so recovery to John Clarks and a courtesy car was easy. Chuffed about that. I had a Focus delivered to my door this morning. The car is at JCs right now and they are doing an estimate so I don't know what the full extent of the damage is but at first glance I would say a new front bumper, bonnet, radiator, and maybe a wheel but I think that was just tyre marks on the wheel. There was also some light damage inside the engine bay but not much I don't think.

When someone drove into my (parked) car last year I just let the guilty partys insurance company get my car repaired at their "recommended" repairer but I wasn't completely happy with the job so I vowed that if anything ever happened again it would be a BMW body shop it went to.

Thanks for the words of support, I'm sure it'll be all sorted out soon.

I only had my phone with me so the photos aren't great. The one above was about the best.

SarahMunro
15th June 2006, 11:04 PM
:eek: Hope you are ok and you get everything sorted :)

gill
16th June 2006, 04:30 AM
Ouch indeed ... give's you a fright don't it???

Poor min ... :(:(

duncan
16th June 2006, 04:46 AM
http://www.uhhg.org/cards/card2_balloons.gif

The Bull
16th June 2006, 05:16 AM
Awww, nice. Aye it gives you a wee flaig(sorry if thats an east coast word!). You definetely drive with 200% more caution than you normally would. I have been anyway.

The Bull
17th June 2006, 06:07 AM
They've given me a Golf GT TDi 2.0 until mine is fixed. Very good car but just not in the same league as the Mini. :(

The Bull
19th July 2006, 11:33 PM
Got the car back today. I'm happy with it but can you spot a mistake? The only reason I'm not bothered is that I get my new car in a week or so otherwise I would be taking it back to get sorted out. Answers on a postcard.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/Picklehammer/Mini%20Cooper%20S/post-crash-small.jpg

Gismo
19th July 2006, 11:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by The Bull
can you spot a mistakeWrong grill :disapprove:

Burple
20th July 2006, 12:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

can you spot a mistakeWrong grill :disapprove:

Poo! you beat me! :p:p

Keith
20th July 2006, 01:57 AM
signatures are missing?

The Bull
20th July 2006, 02:33 AM
The sigs are missing but they were aftermarket and hard for JCs to get in red. Yes it's the grille. I'm guessing that's a post facelift cooper grille? The bumper is the right one for the age of the car though. I actually like the grille but it looks funny paired up with the pre-facelift bumper.

Smurf
20th July 2006, 02:46 AM
The grille should be blue.....

Craig
20th July 2006, 02:59 AM

The sigs are missing but they were aftermarket and hard for JCs to get in red. Yes it's the grille. I'm guessing that's a post facelift cooper grille? The bumper is the right one for the age of the car though. I actually like the grille but it looks funny paired up with the pre-facelift bumper.

yeah, that's the post fist lift grille with the pre-facelift bumper... you would think they could get it right... :disapprove::disapprove:

The Bull
20th July 2006, 07:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

The grille should be blue.....

I know Smurf, I polished it enough over 3 years to remember that! Ach, it's someone elses problem soon.

Big Col
20th July 2006, 02:54 PM
LOL! I think Lil Smurf was answering your "Can you spot the mistake" question mate not telling you the colour your grill should be 'cos she thinks you shouldn't know. :)

The Bull
21st July 2006, 05:35 PM
It's so easy to read messages differently from how they were written isn't it? Sorry Smurf I didn't mean to sound arsey. That's not the way I wrote the message when I posted it. No offence I hope. :)

My conscience got the better of me and I rang the dealer to arrange getting the grille changed. They apologised and are getting it organised. Thats my good deed for the day done.

Smurf
21st July 2006, 08:24 PM
I didn't take your comment in any way badly! :D I assumed you were just having a gripe at it not being right.

Looks like it's just Big Col who's touchy..... ;)