PDA

View Full Version : OMG I thought I had a problem

Scottie
13th June 2006, 07:33 PM
with my Parklane this morning:(:eek:

On route to work there was this grinding horrible sound coming from the rear wheel louder when going slow.

Anyway arrived at work phoned dealer they came collected the car and delivered back 1 hour later fixed. It was just a "Rock" between the brake disc and backing plate.:I:I How was I to know:I sounded like something serious.

However just wanted to post up to say first class service yet again from the boys at Calterdon.:D:cool:

duncan
13th June 2006, 07:42 PM
That happened to me a while back. Put it into reverse and the rock/stone/debris came unstuck!

Its a bit disconcerting though, as the noise sure did sound like a bearing that had failed.

AndyP & Lenore
14th June 2006, 03:38 AM
This happened to us with our first Honda CRV. I thought the wheel was coming off. Sounds so loud and awful. Not knowing what it was I took the wheel off. However, I'd jacked the car up too far and when I lifted the wheel off, it was so heavy I managed to drop it down. It whalloped off the disc guard and bent it onto the disc. But I didn't even know this had happened until I started moving the car again and the guard was permanantly rubbing the disc. Sounded like the whole drive shaft was bu66ered. So in to the dealer it went. Boy did I feel like a complete di...h..d:I:I:I:D

Sweeney
14th June 2006, 03:40 AM
What story did you tell the dealer then andy, bet you lied like you'd never lied before :p Or just left them to assume you didn't touch it at all ;)