PDA

View Full Version : No water...

euan
13th June 2006, 03:32 AM
OK, I need some tips to prolong the cleaness on the car without water. I live in SW London and we have a drought! So I'm not allowed to wash the car.

Anyone got any ideas? My alloys are turning grey (nice antharcite look) but it needs cleaning badly!!

I have (whisper it) put it through a hand car wash before, but the Polish guys use all sorts on it and I was a little scared by the labels on some of washing bottles!

Allan
13th June 2006, 03:44 AM
First of all for the paint work... Quick detailer. If it is dusty use this, if it is really mucky ... you will need to wash it.

For the wheels, bottled water :D

Wul
13th June 2006, 06:30 AM
Euan - what colour is your MINI - QD on a dirty car can lead to lots of hairline scratches on a dark colour.

Other option - go for a drive to a county not having a drought and wash it there!! :p

Crombers
13th June 2006, 07:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

OK, I need some tips to prolong the cleaness on the car without water. I live in SW London and we have a drought! So I'm not allowed to wash the car.

Pop up ere for a weekend , it's free :approve::D

bpirie1000
13th June 2006, 04:55 PM
sell your House and Live in Scotland.

Job done.............

Allan
13th June 2006, 07:35 PM
Just get that expanding foam stuff. Scoot every gap in your car and take it for a bath at your local pond. Easy as :D

euan
13th June 2006, 08:06 PM
Wul, how easy you forget...I don't have a mini anymore, have a silver 3 series the same colour as BS M3 - it's a dark silver.

Trust me, with the weather we're having down here I'm melting, would love to be back in Edinburgh right now!

Burple
13th June 2006, 08:32 PM
Get the car soaped up and get out to Great Yarmouth today/tonight..
;);)
BBC weather on the news is saying the south and south east are in for downpours.. and possible thunderstorms :D:D:D