PDA

View Full Version : PSP

N12 JLK
13th June 2006, 02:27 AM
Got a psp today! looks superb got the new white one. Its an mp3 player, dvd player, games console and you can store pictures on it.
Very handy for on the plane for our forthcoming holiday.
Anyone else got one ad what do you think of it.:cool:

Sweeney
13th June 2006, 02:34 AM
my little brother has one, must admit it does seem to be a useful toy for occupying yourself on plane journeys etc, as for dvd player i wouldnt call it a cinema theatre experience :p

if i was given one, ideal. Wouldn't buy one though at the minute (spending too much on my mini! somebody needs to take my bank card off me! :dead:)

N12 JLK
13th June 2006, 03:26 AM
The guy in the shop tells me that over the next few months there will be a tom-tom style navigational system for it:)

Sweeney
13th June 2006, 03:28 AM
hmm, you'll need to buy a gps reciever for it then as well.

Would be an extremely useful thing if it did sat nav too!

although, never can trust a salesman though can you ;):p

euan
13th June 2006, 03:29 AM
I had the choice between a PSP and a Nintendo DS - went for the DS as I like the wiredness of games for it.

PSP is awesome though, love to have one and I love it in white!

Craig
13th June 2006, 03:46 AM
I knew you would buy another toy after the xbox went.... :p

monkimagic
13th June 2006, 05:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

The guy in the shop tells me that over the next few months there will be a tom-tom style navigational system for it:)

My mate just secured the job as travel writer for Sony on the PSP Navigational tool. he is now gonna get paid to fly around the world making up funny stories about places ect...

something that Lonely planet have got a contract for.

Very cool job :p

N12 JLK
13th June 2006, 05:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

I knew you would buy another toy after the wife went.... :p

:):):):D:D

Crombers
13th June 2006, 07:40 AM

quote:Originally posted by craigd

I knew you would buy another toy after the wife went.... :p

:):):):D:D

Careful now :D:approve:

Mark R
13th June 2006, 09:38 AM
I've had my PSP since the US launch. I played it for a couple months and it's just sat gathering dust since. Just haven't had an interest in and of the games. Played my DS more recently also been playing the 360.

It just depends what's got a good game on it at the time. Very much looking forward to Loco Roco on PSP. Played the Japanese demo and it's a great game. If the sat nav system doesn't end up being too costly I could see myself using it for that.

Gismo
13th June 2006, 12:11 PM
I'm happy with mine, use it a lot for watching movies whilst offshore and on the plane to Baku :cool:

minidriver#1
14th June 2006, 12:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

I had the choice between a PSP and a Nintendo DS - went for the DS as I like the wiredness of games for it.

PSP is awesome though, love to have one and I love it in white!

Same here, went for a DS Lite imported from japan and am so glad. The PSP is struggling with original titles. As a games machine it's been left lacking, as a media center its obviously better than the DS.

Must say the white psp does look sweet and the homebrew support is tremendous, but homebrew is now starting to take off for the DS too. Opera web browser coming soon too, how good is that.

Burple
14th June 2006, 12:26 AM
quote:

Same here, went for a DS Lite imported from japan and am so glad. The PSP is struggling with original titles. As a games machine it's been left lacking, as a media center its obviously better than the DS.

Shame that Animal Crossing on the DS makes you teh ghey for CS:S! :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:cool::D

minidriver#1
14th June 2006, 02:00 AM
true, i'm addicted to that. i even play it when i'm sitting on the throne... but i still pwn j00!

AndyP & Lenore
14th June 2006, 03:19 AM
Had my PSP since UK launch.:D I've played it a few times since I got it, but like MarkR, I've been a wee bit disappointed with the games.

I tend to play it when on holiday in the caravan when Lenore is watching her soaps.:sleepy:

I've sent my letter away to Santa for a PS3 when it comes out. Apparently he said, "we'll just have to see about that." Ho bloody ho!:D;)

A.

N12 JLK
14th June 2006, 04:13 AM
quote:

I tend to play it when on holiday in the caravan when Lenore is watching her soaps.:sleepy:

A.

Lifebouy, Lux or just pure simple soap does she watch:question:

jayex
14th June 2006, 04:47 AM

Had mine a while... really impressed with it, tend to play it when i bored on night shift - makes it even more fun knowing your getting paid :p - wonder what the sat nav will be like?

X30YES
14th June 2006, 04:48 AM

quote:

A.

like it in you Palmolive ....not on your Lifeboy :p

AndyP & Lenore
14th June 2006, 07:18 PM

quote:

A.

Corrie
Eastie
Emmerdaz

They all blend into one for me.:D

duncan
23rd June 2006, 04:22 AM
Whats it like as an MP3 player?
Quite fancy getting one for the holidays?

Also, what format of movies does it play? .avi?

Gismo
23rd June 2006, 04:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Whats it like as an MP3 player?
Quite fancy getting one for the holidays?

Also, what format of movies does it play? .avi?
1) Don't know, i use an iPod for that ;)
2) It plays UMD originals, or, you have to rip your owned movies to Mpeg4 and play them on a suitably sized memory stick pro or duo.

After ripping a movie it can be approx 500 MB up to and over 1 Gig in some circumstances