PDA

View Full Version : Mini Sports Seats - comfy?

lightbody
12th June 2006, 07:50 PM
Hello,

When I sit in my Mum's new Focus, the seats feel just right straight away - firm but exactly the right shape. She's only got a basic one too. The headrest is also close to the back of my head.

When I sit in my MINI Sports seats, it doesn't feel right... I twiddle all the various things but it just never feels quite right... does anyone else find this? I think my previous Cooper's standard seats were actually better - I never remember having any bother with them.

Just wondering everybody else's opinion of the seats?

Ta.

- Rob.

Gismo
12th June 2006, 07:55 PM
I've never found a true right setting for me in any of my Mini's or any of the BMW's that i've onwned, that includes my M3 with electronic ultra setting adjustable seats too :p

GAJ
12th June 2006, 08:28 PM
Agreed - the seats are crap.

Smurf
13th June 2006, 12:57 AM
I actually find them comfy! But I have the lumbar support wound right out.....

Sweeney
13th June 2006, 01:32 AM
i find them very comfy, as with smurf i have lumbar wound right out, although i suggest you sit in them with a decent posture :p, theres been times where ive adjusted them and it gives me a bit of back ache after a while.

euan
13th June 2006, 01:55 AM
Bonnie, that's odd as I find the seats in my 3 pretty good.

I hated the seats in my mini. Looked great, zero comfort.

Now the seats in my old mans Saab aero, now THAT is comfort. Shame it handles like a barge really.

The Dogfather
13th June 2006, 02:52 AM
I sold my MINI because the back ache from the seats/suspension :(

Craig
13th June 2006, 03:43 AM
bunch a big blouses!!!! ;) away and buy a Rover Metro and get a blue rinse ya bunch of old wimen... :eek::blackeye:;):D:approve:

cannae handle a wee bit of a hard ride... get yersel a classic, then you'll know all about hard ride... :approve::approve::approve::approve::approve:

<starts to run.....!>

stoney
13th June 2006, 03:44 AM
i like the seats and i have done loads of miles in mine never found a problem

pocketrocket84
13th June 2006, 03:50 AM
yeah iv always found the seats really comfy, never had a problem, but i am only 5"4 so that might explain it, all you moaners must be tall!! :p

Heather
13th June 2006, 04:00 AM
I find them a bit harsh on a long journey but just right for whizzing around. You needing some gel cushions Rob?;)

Mini Me
13th June 2006, 04:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

I sold my MINI because the back ache from the seats/suspension :(

Naw ya big puff, that's fae carryig yer wallet about:eek::evil:;)
Well looks like i am the odd one out , but i can honestly say that i have yet to drive a car that was as comfortable to sit in that the MINI, and believe me i have driven a few.
Funny thing is , it's a Focus my wife has ,and hate driving it ,ok the seats are quite tight ,but nothing close to comfort level of the MINI ,imho:D

and i don't sell them anymore , so i didn't have to say that :)

Scottie
13th June 2006, 05:03 AM
well my JCW seats are comfy and so are my Parklane seats.

Try sitting in the new GTI Golf now those are awful seats.

euan
13th June 2006, 05:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

well my JCW seats are comfy and so are my Parklane seats.

Try sitting in the new GTI Golf now those are awful seats.

True, but they are tartan ;)

Crombers
13th June 2006, 07:11 AM
I'm 6'0 & have yet to have a problem. 25K in 2 years that includes at least 5 trips down south (2 Oxford trips :approve: & ma sisters:cool:) and not one iota of back probs & i'm a big lad ;). Sports suspension plus as well & lovin it.
Last car was the Golf GTi 1.8T (full leather mmmmmmmmm) & it IMHO was the dogs b's & if only I could afford the JCW seats in Alans (Fi's other half) 'S' :p

Gismo
13th June 2006, 11:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan
Bonnie, that's odd as I find the seats in my 3 pretty good
I wasn't talking about comfy :p even though it's the topic of conversation :I cause both the mini and the M3 are ok, i mentioned driving position which i can't seem to get quite right ;)

GAJ
13th June 2006, 05:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

I'm 6'0 & have yet to have a problem.

Try being proper tall!;) 6' 5" and a 36" inside leg. They are murder then - no matter what you do with the lumbar support dial. One good thing about the MINI though, tons of headroom.:)

lightbody
13th June 2006, 05:28 PM
I find they are more comfortable and a better position when I put them up higher than normal - so that my heads away up into the roof! Feels more like a classic mini too like that... but hardly ideal.

Its the shape of the seatback that seems wrong to me... but i do have terrible posture...

euan
13th June 2006, 08:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

quote:Originally posted by euan
Bonnie, that's odd as I find the seats in my 3 pretty good
I wasn't talking about comfy :p even though it's the topic of conversation :I cause both the mini and the M3 are ok, i mentioned driving position which i can't seem to get quite right ;)

Ah, my mistake! I've finally sussed the driving position one in mine, but took 2 months!

tree73
16th June 2006, 05:11 PM
I find the seats really comfy and the driving position marvellous, the overall dimensions inside just make sense. Given that I'm 5'2" it's fab to have a car where I don't have to be practically sitting on the dash to reach the pedals!

AndyP & Lenore
16th June 2006, 06:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

quote:Originally posted by crombers

I'm 6'0 & have yet to have a problem.

Try being proper tall!;) 6' 5" and a 36" inside leg. They are murder then - no matter what you do with the lumbar support dial. One good thing about the MINI though, tons of headroom.:)

Doesn't count when you have to open your sunroof and stick yer heed out the top of the car to see where you're going.:D:eek::blackeye:

AndyP & Lenore
16th June 2006, 06:25 PM
I drove a Corsa for about 6 months while I was a driving instructor. Those seats were so bad for me that I had two trips to the Chiropractic (no use) and then 6 months of physiotherapy, to fix the damage it made to my lower back. It's still not fixed properly, and that was 5 years ago!:eek::eek: