Then to KINROSS SERVICES 7.30am
GILL?
SOUTH SIDE

STRATHCLYDE PARK 7.00am
ROBERT S
MARCO
RYAN S
ALAN B

Then meet at TESCO CAR PARK at forth road bridge to meet people from south /west etc around 8.00am

Any other meeting points/suggestions and names for each point please add since I dont know where most of u are coming from yet

Andy

Scottie
12th June 2006, 06:20 PM
no probs for me to meet at the Tesco Car Park Forth Road Bridge.:D

although I might need some time to wash the bug splat from my car.:D

I'll just fit with what the other Central Reg boys are doing.;):cool:

Craig
12th June 2006, 07:55 PM
yeah, that's fine for me - I'll meet up with Fiona and a few others at Stirling (or ma hoose) and travel thro to Forth Bridge for 08:30hrs.

what are the arrangements for cleaning of the cars once we are there ? ? do you know if will we be outside or inside ? ?

can't wait :D:D

Neil and Lorna
12th June 2006, 08:07 PM
We will met up at Tesco,s as well. It means we have to double back a wee bit but probably better for us all to go in as a group.

Neil and Lorna.:D:D

Craig
12th June 2006, 08:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

no probs for me to meet at the Tesco Car Park Forth Road Bridge.:D

although I might need some time to wash the bug splat from my car.:D

I'll just fit with what the other Central Reg boys are doing.;):cool:

the car wash will be open on sat night.... ;)

Sweeney
13th June 2006, 01:44 AM
1) Kingsway Retail Park 07:15

2) Kinross services 08:00
Gill

3) Tesco Car Park 08:30
Scottiecoop | Neil

4) Sthrathclyde Park Time TBD
Sweeney | Marco | s700ony | fireman01

stoney
13th June 2006, 03:53 AM
hey guys i will be with u sweeney at strathy would we not be a bit better 2 get there a wee bit sooner give us time 2 get all the bugss off arter the drive there stoney

ajamesj
13th June 2006, 06:05 PM
If we get there for 9 that gives us a whole hour to clean cars before the show opens , we will be outside and last year there was a tap outside so if the cars are really bad u can do a full wash if u bring ur cleaning gear I was lucky last year gave my car a full clean on Saturday night then just got the quick detailer out at the show.

Andy

Craig
13th June 2006, 07:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by ajamesj

If we get there for 9 that gives us a whole hour to clean cars before the show opens , we will be outside and last year there was a tap outside so if the cars are really bad u can do a full wash if u bring ur cleaning gear I was lucky last year gave my car a full clean on Saturday night then just got the quick detailer out at the show.

Andy

great - I'll bring the Craig & Marky Cleaning Co ;);):D:approve:

Craig
13th June 2006, 07:25 PM

Hi Guys the gates will be open from 7am for this years Fast and Modified show to allow all club stands to set up and open to public for 10am. Do we have any banners used from previous shows that can be used and when does everyone want to be at show for I was thinking of being at show gates for 9ish so the following times for pick up points from north could be

I will leave Arbroath 6.45am

Next stop off KINGSWAY RETAIL PARK DUNDEE 7.15am

Then to KINROSS SERVICES 8.00am

Then meet at TESCO CAR PARK at forth road bridge to meet people from south /west etc around 8.30am

Any other meeting points/suggestions and names for each point please add since I dont know where most of u are coming from yet

Hope its as hot as this past weekend

Andy

Andy - contact MMM for the banner - it was made up by Apex a few years ago and has been used at the Scottish Mini Weekend and Arbroath. Think we should defo get it for this event.. I'll see what I can do for a tent for accomodation (to keep out of the rain :p)

stoney
13th June 2006, 10:20 PM
cool no prob will bring my wash kit will be giving it a wash when get from arbroth

Scottie
13th June 2006, 10:30 PM
Hey I've got one of those proper Gazebo things that you "walk out" to put it up. Use it only my Caravan hols really is good and looks the nut's.

Craig
13th June 2006, 11:33 PM

Hey I've got one of those proper Gazebo things that you "walk out" to put it up. Use it only my Caravan hols really is good and looks the nut's.

I would say that would do the job very nicely - could you bring it along...? :D:D

Neil and Lorna
14th June 2006, 12:30 AM
I was going to say " any peeps got a gazebo thingy".

Should we also all have a wee supply of fliers each.:cool:
Just in case.:D:)

Neil.:):)

gill
14th June 2006, 03:16 AM
Fine to meet you en-route. I think we'll be best to meet at Kinross Services, although we could hook up with you at Perth area - suggest a rough time for there? 7.30am?

Looking forward to this .... :D:cool::D

Marco77
14th June 2006, 04:15 AM
im good to meet at strathy park

ajamesj
14th June 2006, 05:34 AM
gill
Lobster thermadore

United Kingdom
436 Posts
Posted - 13 Jun 2006 : 19:16:07
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fine to meet you en-route. I think we'll be best to meet at Kinross Services, although we could hook up with you at Perth area - suggest a rough time for there? 7.30am?

7.30Am is fine

ajamesj
14th June 2006, 05:36 AM
Anyone going to Arbroath meet can u see if u can get alone of banner for the Sunday I stay in Arbroath but workin from 8.30 to 5 on 15th July its pants. But I cannot wait for Sunday

Andy

Scottie
14th June 2006, 05:41 AM
I'm going to Arbroath wll ask for the banner.:D:cool:

ajamesj
16th June 2006, 05:03 AM
Passes just dropped through my door today got 10 in total , we need to be sited for 9am so I was thinking we may be best to meet earlier than planned how does 8am at tesco at forth road bridge sound for everyone from all directions I can hand out passes out there since they have to be displayed on cars when entering show.Once we are on site we cannot leave until show finishes at 5pm and no movement of cars is allowed after 9am.

My plan from North
first meet Dundee Kingsway retail park 6.45am

then Kinross services 7.30am

then tesco at forth road bridge 8.00am

Then convoy to site

Sweeney
16th June 2006, 05:09 AM
im fine with that, 9-5 will be a bit of a killer though :P
better be plenty to do!

for those of us meeting at strathclyde park i think a 7am depart is ample enough time to get to the tescos?

stoney
16th June 2006, 05:16 AM
im fine with that 2

Marco77
16th June 2006, 05:50 AM
is tescos near the venue?

Scottie
16th June 2006, 06:01 AM
fine by me

Neil and Lorna
16th June 2006, 06:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by Marco77

is tescos near the venue?

About 5 miles or so.

N.:D

Neil and Lorna
16th June 2006, 06:29 AM

Passes just dropped through my door today got 10 in total , we need to be sited for 9am so I was thinking we may be best to meet earlier than planned how does 8am at tesco at forth road bridge sound for everyone from all directions I can hand out passes out there since they have to be displayed on cars when entering show.Once we are on site we cannot leave until show finishes at 5pm and no movement of cars is allowed after 9am.

My plan from North
first meet Dundee Kingsway retail park 6.45am

then Kinross services 7.30am

then tesco at forth road bridge 8.00am

Then convoy to site

If you've got 10 passes whos no going cause there's 11 of us listed.
Or am I missing something.

Neil.

Sweeney
16th June 2006, 06:08 PM
some people just don't take the hint, ;).

nah only kidding :p, at a guess i'd say Smitty

Scottie
16th June 2006, 06:27 PM
Couple of wee questions.

The Pass is this for the car??? As there will be two of us in the car. So do we pay money at the gate to get in or what.

Never been before so I don't know how things work.

Craig
16th June 2006, 07:15 PM
8 am at Tesco's is fine for me. :D:D

Fiona, the pass will be for your car and passenger I would suspect. When I have entered shows with classics, that is how it has worked as YOU are making the show for them.. ;)

ajamesj
17th June 2006, 02:22 AM
It costs £5 for driver and £10 for each passenger Smitty is not going the current list is as follows

1. Me & Lianne
2. Craig D
3. Alan B
4. Ryan S
5. Ewan S
6. Neil P
7. Fiona T
8. Mark C
9. Robert S
10. Marco

Smitty
17th June 2006, 04:44 AM
Yup, sorry guys.....not enough pennies to do arbroath and this in the same weekend!:(

See most off you on the Saturday though!:)

markyc
17th June 2006, 05:12 AM
Im fine for Tesco at the bridge at 8 :D goin to be a supersmashingreat day :p:cool::cool::approve:

ajamesj
21st June 2006, 04:41 AM
Right so we are all settled on 8 at tesco then North side meetin points are to be

DUNDEE 6.45am

KINROSS 7.30am

TESCO FORTH ROAD BRIDGE 8.00am

STRATHCLYDE 7.00am

PLEASE ADD NAMES

SHOW N SHINE COMPETITION IS ON ALL SHOW CARS ARE AUTOMATICALLY ENTERED SO BRING UR POLISH.

Sweeney
21st June 2006, 04:43 AM
add strathclyde park 07:00 please :)
and put me for strathclyde park too, i'd put the places and signups in your 1st post as well makes it easier for others to view and read

stoney
21st June 2006, 05:13 AM
Put us down for Strthclyde park too please

Marco77
21st June 2006, 05:32 AM
yipp strathy park for me too

Craig
21st June 2006, 03:23 PM
I think myself, MarkyC and Scottiecoop will just leave from ma hoose about 07:15hrs so we can drive slowly down the motorway... :approve::approve:

ajamesj
8th July 2006, 03:36 AM
Right times and peoples meet up points so far

DUNDEE 6.45am

KINROSS 7.30am

STRATHCLYDE 7.00am
Ryan S
Marco
Robert S

FINALLY MEET UP POINT TESCO FORTH BRIDGE 8am

EVERYONE THEN CONVOY TO SHOW SITE

Sweeney
8th July 2006, 03:38 AM
Alan B for strathy too

(i'd just use your initial post seeing as you have added us 3 already).

Sweeney
8th July 2006, 04:18 AM
craig and marky are most likely to set off from stirling service/either of their houses straight to tesco.

Craig
9th July 2006, 08:55 PM
yup - me and markyc will see you at tesco's. (we will just leave from mine) :D:D:D

Marco77
14th July 2006, 03:44 AM
Sorry Guys im not gonna make it as im getting rid of the Mini
was looking forward to meeting you all too.

X30YES
14th July 2006, 05:11 AM
:disapprove:

Sweeney
14th July 2006, 05:42 AM
you could go angus :p

stoney
15th July 2006, 02:14 AM
i think u should A !!!!

ajamesj
15th July 2006, 03:40 AM
Right so most folk meeting at tesco Gill (ewan) will we meet at kinross or are we all happy with 8Am tesco for the north side crew

Andy

gill
16th July 2006, 01:16 AM

Right so most folk meeting at tesco Gill (ewan) will we meet at kinross or are we all happy with 8Am tesco for the north side crew

Andy

Yep, Gill & Ewan will report for duty at Kinross!!!!!!! See ya there.... :D:D

Sweeney
16th July 2006, 03:36 AM
really sorry guys :disapprove: but im gonna have to pull out of the show, really not feeling up to it at all. Dunno what it is but i am feeling really ill just now (hoping it's nothing to do with being badly sun burnt) and i can't see myself getting up never mind being able to last all day and get home ok.Don't like letting people down but it wouldn't be wise for me to try with the way im feeling, especially if it's going to be another hot sunny day.

Sorry :(

Scottie
16th July 2006, 03:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

really sorry guys :disapprove: but im gonna have to pull out of the show, really not feeling up to it at all. Dunno what it is but i am feeling really ill just now (hoping it's nothing to do with being badly sun burnt) and i can't see myself getting up never mind being able to last all day and get home ok.Don't like letting people down but it wouldn't be wise for me to try with the way im feeling, especially if it's going to be another hot sunny day.

Sorry :(

Sweeney what did I say to you today.:eek: I warned you about the sun but NO NO would'nae listen to the old granny.;)

Hope you feel better soon.:D

Sweeney
16th July 2006, 03:52 AM
Yeah i know :disapprove:, had the sun cream in the car too. Just didn't realise how badly it got me until the drive home :( But hey, it'll no happen again i promise you that :evil:, lesson learnt

Scottie
16th July 2006, 04:06 AM
Hope you have a great day tomorrow guys wish I was coming but must go on holidays

If only my car was insured for all drivers somebody could have taken it along.:cool: for me.

ajamesj
16th July 2006, 06:17 AM
ok Gill and Ewan see u at 7.30Am kinross services if anyone needs to contact me phone us on 07887692931 if u are going to be late will be tesco for 8am but will be moving by 8.15am at latest see u all there its going to be a hot day so need to pack the sun tan lotion.

P.S Just in from cleaning the car

Craig
16th July 2006, 07:22 AM
sorry to hear that sweeney - get well soon ;)

fi - if you'd only said, I could have taken your "S" down to edinburger for your :D:D:D

see you all tommorrow nice and bright and early....:approve::approve::approve:

fireman01
16th July 2006, 08:06 AM
looks like it's just 2 mini's from strathy,c u there around 7,if not c u all at tesco at 8

gill
17th July 2006, 04:23 AM
Our thanks to Andy for organising the day out - sounded like it was a bit of a nightmare at times!!!

Another scorcher of a day!:cool:;):cool:

More sunburn .... !?!?

Anyway, we had a blast! Thanks to Clare & Roaster for the freebies - much appreciated! :D:cool::D:cool:

See ya all soon, Gill & Ewan :cool::cool:

ajamesj
17th July 2006, 04:55 AM
Had a great day too:cool:

Just a wee bit sore with sunburn:disapprove: will post photos soon of all the Minis having a great time playing in the sun eh eh

hope everyone enjoyed it :cool::D

see ya soon
Andy & Lianne:)

Sweeney
17th July 2006, 05:06 AM
Hope it was good, gutted i didn't/couldn't go but it turned out to be the right thing to do as ive been far from feeling great today :(

Craig
17th July 2006, 05:07 AM
another great day oot.... :approve::approve::approve::approve:

Glad Crombers made it along for a visit.

Well done to Andy for arranging the event :D:D:D

I'll post some photos tommorrow - taking the pain of the sunburn away with some aftersun and lager ;):D:approve::approve::approve::approve:

Sweeney - AKA "The Soltan Kid".... I haven't forgotten about that cash, was going to give it to you today, until you forgot to wear that sun tan lotion... :( (oh aye... same mistake as me ;))

Sweeney
17th July 2006, 05:11 AM
Arms red raw, think its even a bit swollen :eek: Last time i sit in the car (to get away from the sun) :p, It should be the Half Soltan Kid, my left side is as per norm, right hand side got it :clown:

As for the money theres 12.5% interest on top of that ;)

Could give me the cash at your run if not the recce :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
17th July 2006, 05:12 AM
C'mon folks.....http://www.x5drivers.co.uk/images/smiles/icon_nopics.gif

Craig
17th July 2006, 05:22 AM
I tell you what - come to the hoose and day it fur me or wait till tommorrow!!

Craig
17th July 2006, 05:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

Arms red raw, think its even a bit swollen :eek: Last time i sit in the car (to get away from the sun) :p, It should be the Half Soltan Kid, my left side is as per norm, right hand side got it :clown:

As for the money theres 12.5% interest on top of that ;)

Could give me the cash at your run if not the recce :cool:

Oh, recce, nearly forgot.

I may have to work this weekend, so it might be thurs or fri (which probably means your working), but I'll find out tommorrow and let you know. Cash is waiting for you... ;):D

Sweeney
17th July 2006, 05:25 AM
Indeed i would be! Although it'll be absolutely deed! Glasgow fair holiday so it'll be nothing but paperwork catch up! :( Its not a big deal money wise, whenever suits me fine :)

Crombers
17th July 2006, 05:58 AM
Part 2 of a fab weekend :cool:. The MINI'S on show today did us (NMS) proud (well done 'show' peeps) & you could tell by the number of folks walking round & taking pics that the MINI is one helluva car in standard'ish' form even when stacked up against all the customised cars on show today. Even the Scooby guys popped over for a natter & commented that the MINI is an ace car.

Oh & some of the scenery was gobsmackin :p:approve:;)

Good to meet Norman at long last & hope to be popping up Menzies way soon for a natter :D

Neil and Lorna
17th July 2006, 06:53 AM
What a day.

Fantastic weather even better company.:D:D:D:D
Here's a few pics.

Entering the showground.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/DSCF0009.jpg
Group shot.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/DSCF0013.jpg
Another group shot.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/DSCF0014.jpg
And hats off to our organisers for the day. Andy & Lianne.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/DSCF0022.jpg

Cheers. Neil.:D:D:D:D:cool::)

Clare1
17th July 2006, 06:16 PM
Fantastic Day!!! :D

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to join in the fun with you all.
Deffinately will be there next year (if you'll have us:p)!!!

Nice meeting those of you who I hadnt met yet. Hope to see you here at Menzies sometime :p:)

markyc
17th July 2006, 07:43 PM
What a suuuuuuperb day yesterday was :D Thanks to Andy for his top organising skills ;)

The heat for fierce yesterday and ma napper got a flippin roastin :cool::I

I would agree with oor Crombers (nice to see you again mate ;)) on two things - the NMS cars were looking FANTASTIC and stood head and shoulders above some of the other exhibitiors :approve::D (I didn't know there were folk who showed Nissan Almeras with different alloys at the front and back :clown::I and Rover 25's with no mods apart from bashes on the wings :disapprove::clown::I but hey everyone to their own) and last but by no means least some of the views yesterday were :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:approve::approve::approve::approve: :D:D;):I

Nice to see everyone again and hope you hearing didn't take to long to get back to normal after 8hrs of ooooja ooooja music blaring at us :eek::eek::dead:;)

stoney
17th July 2006, 08:05 PM
had a brill day loved it thanks 2 every one lookin forward 2 next run with craig !!!!

nice 2 put faces 2 names

stoney and christine !!!!!!

fireman01
17th July 2006, 10:51 PM
great day out,thanks to everyone!,ma wee brother also won an alarm and tickets to knockhill for taking part in the stage show,the best in show also went to a mini! the green one with the lambo doors,thanks again,cheers alan

Sweeney
17th July 2006, 11:12 PM
Get yerself signed up for another run alan :p

fireman01
17th July 2006, 11:34 PM
will do sweeney,just need to check times,as i work long hours and usually use the weekends for my project cars

Sweeney
17th July 2006, 11:37 PM
Such is life :)

Smitty
18th July 2006, 12:00 AM
Looks like a cracking day chaps!

Wish i had the funds to attend! Next year maybe!;)

Lynsey
18th July 2006, 12:21 AM
quote:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/DSCF0013.jpg
Another group shot.

That would be my giant future husband ruining your picture!!!

Great day people, bloody roasting, iam now a strange shade of pink, very attractive! Didnt take to long to get home to Falkik, was dreading getting out of the place with all those cars!!

I'm sure next year will be even bigger! I hope you got some sales on the Mini stand.... and norman, if you could be a dear, i need to know the price of the chrome air vents....ta very muchly!!!

Clare1
18th July 2006, 12:36 AM
Didnt know you two were engaged Lynsey! Congrats!!! :p

Got a few appointments from yesterday, we had a cracking day. Will deffo be there next year again! :D

Marky, you not like (ooooja ooooja :p)music then? lol;)

gill
18th July 2006, 04:51 AM
C'mon Marky - LET ME HEAR YOU SAY YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS DJ DASTARDLY COMING TO YOU LIVE FROM HER HOOSE !!!!!!!!!!!

;) (It was bad wasn't it!?!?)

Crombers
18th July 2006, 04:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by Clare1

There comes a time in yer life when young folks music tastes defy belief.

That music / NOISE was p!sh!!

P.S. & yup I'm an old git ;):p

fireman01
18th July 2006, 06:06 AM
i'm sure i saw you dancing behind a mini:p

Crombers
18th July 2006, 06:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by fireman01

i'm sure i saw you dancing behind a mini:p

Nah , that was me needin a p!sh :p;)

Lynsey
19th July 2006, 03:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by Clare1

Didnt know you two were engaged Lynsey! Congrats!!! :p

Got a few appointments from yesterday, we had a cracking day. Will deffo be there next year again! :D

Not quite got the ring on the finger yet, due to a bad spell of unemployment for my boyfriend, but it'll be soon..... he refers to me as the WEE wifey already!!!

Thats good you got some interest. Mon the Minis!!

Scottie
19th July 2006, 04:26 AM
sounds like a excellent day. dam I was'nt there could have drowned out some of that music with a wee bit andy williams watch the girls go by

Lynsey
20th July 2006, 01:23 AM

sounds like a excellent day. dam I was'nt there could have drowned out some of that music with a wee bit andy williams watch the girls go by

I wouldve coped with some Andy Williams!!!!

markyc
21st July 2006, 07:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by gill

Don't mind the oooja stuff at all and the music from the stage wasn't too bad it was the sh!te that the Mondeo owners next to us were playing :disapprove: There was that much noise I thought they were trying to drown out the stage music :evil::blackeye::I;)

Were you not up on the stage dancin Gill :question::question::question::eek::clown:;)

gill
21st July 2006, 09:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

quote:Originally posted by gill

Don't mind the oooja stuff at all and the music from the stage wasn't too bad it was the sh!te that the Mondeo owners next to us were playing :disapprove: There was that much noise I thought they were trying to drown out the stage music :evil::blackeye::I;)

Were you not up on the stage dancin Gill :question::question::question::eek::clown:;)

Yeah, you must have missed that !?!?! ;)