PDA

View Full Version : The Ring (Nurburgring)

Sweeney
12th June 2006, 02:54 AM
I've noticed theres been scattered talk of a ring run, due to the scale of organising such a run and the costs and planning involved and peoples personal lives, it hasn't materialized. I am in no way saying i'll organise such an event (yep thats right! pass the buck! :p) but i have found a website (ringweekends.co.uk) which organises such runs throughout the year.

Details from their website:
ringweekends.co.uk provide the following;
channel crossings
3 * min B&B Hotel acommodation at the 'Ring
guide from the port to the 'Ring
safety briefing
guided sighting laps of the 'Ring (if required)
8 Lap Ring Ticket
guide to local area
limited mechanical backup (i.e we'll have some gaffa tape and a hammer in our motors!)
helping hand wherever possible (see point above)
guide from 'Ring to the port

ringweekends.co.uk do NOT provide the following;
any insurances (vehicle, personal or travel)
any fuel or toll charges.
any hotel services/costs over and above the basic room rate (so get your munchies from the garage instead of the minibar)
any recovery/repatriation service in the event of breakdown or accident
any liability for your vehicle or your safety en route to or at the 'Ring
henna tattoos
massage

So basically i just thought i'd let you know that theres a place who organise these events for groups of people and clubs etc. For those of us that are desperate/want to go that's probably the best way in my opinion; it doesn't seem cheap though :p.

lightbody
12th June 2006, 07:51 PM
If you're bored you can watch the cars waiting to go onto the ring here:-

http://nurburgring.org.uk/webcams.html

I'd love to do it, but only if I could afford to damage my car, which I can't...

- Rob.

Sweeney
13th June 2006, 01:50 AM
i know, spotted a few minis on that the other day also found that ringweekends link through it :p

im in the same scenario as you, love to do it, but it'd be all that easier if it wasn't my car or me having to pay the bill for any damage ;)

Crombers
13th June 2006, 07:23 AM
Acht as it has been said before 'drive it like ya stole it' :blackeye::p;)