PDA

View Full Version : Mini Wedding Car

alanm73
10th June 2006, 07:33 PM
Here are some pictures of our Mini before it took my then girlfriend now wife to get married yesterday.

http://gallery125776.fotopic.net/p30276191.html

http://gallery125776.fotopic.net/p30276192.html

http://gallery125776.fotopic.net/p30276193.html

Just one small thing, where the robbon was has put small marks on the plastic trim between the windscreen and the door, anyone got any idea on how to remove these?

X30YES
10th June 2006, 08:09 PM
Damn and I was off yesterday as well ....Congrats etc :p

Sweeney
10th June 2006, 08:18 PM
Congratulations hope everything went smooth and as planned :p!

what sort of marks has it left? scratches?

Mark R
10th June 2006, 09:09 PM
Congratulations

Craig
10th June 2006, 09:11 PM
well done...:D:D

car looks great - wish I had bought it now... ;)

Sweeney
10th June 2006, 09:14 PM
yours will look just as good once you fit my £550 spoiler to it, nudge nudge ;)

Craig
10th June 2006, 09:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

yours will look just as good once you fit my £550 spoiler to it, nudge nudge ;)

easy tiger.... :p

the paint job and fitting is costing nearly half that... ;)

Scottie
11th June 2006, 12:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

well done...:D:D

car looks great - wish I had bought it now... ;)

no you dinnae;):p:D

Scottie
11th June 2006, 12:26 AM
you've taken the JCW wheels off:eek::eek:

and fitted bullets:(:p

alanm73
11th June 2006, 03:09 AM
Sweeney, there very light scuffmarks on the shiney plastic trim.

Craigd, Im glad you didnt buy him!!!

Scottiecoop, What JCW Wheels? GOJ had the bullets on him when we seen him in Menzies. Wonder if OnlyMe knows what happened to them?

Sweeney
11th June 2006, 03:11 AM
Have you got scratch X? if so give it a couple goes of that, if you don't have that autoglyms super resin usually does the trick with me (although any decent polish should do), a couple coats of that then i put on some ultra deep shine, seems to get rid of the scratches swirls etc forever, none have came back/appeared for me as of yet.

Scottie
11th June 2006, 06:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

Have you got scratch X? if so give it a couple goes of that, if you don't have that autoglyms super resin usually does the trick with me (although any decent polish should do), a couple coats of that then i put on some ultra deep shine, seems to get rid of the scratches swirls etc forever, none have came back/appeared for me as of yet.

The car went back with JCW wheels Brad new never used.

Hello OnlyMe.

CAN I HAVE MY JCW WHEEELS BACK PLEASE.:question:

stoney
11th June 2006, 06:33 AM
well done car looks good

zimbo
11th June 2006, 07:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by alanm73

Scottiecoop, What JCW Wheels? GOJ had the bullets on him when we seen him in Menzies. Wonder if OnlyMe knows what happened to them?

Oh ohhh Only Me I think your in trouble... :D Those JCWs did look pretty good on the car too!!

Wul
11th June 2006, 06:23 PM
Congrats Alan - I did the very same thing with my first black cooper - certainly makes people stop and look :cool:

As for the marks - if they were as bad as the ones left on my car you'll never really get rid of them without re-painting as the plastic trim is so soft it actually indents the trim.

Have a couple of goes at it with scratch X first though if it's not too bad.

alanm73
11th June 2006, 11:56 PM
Relief.

The Scratch X has removed most of the marks after a 20 sec rub and polish off so cheers for the advice.

Thats a shame about the wheels getting taken off the car and replaced with bullets, Now i know why Menzies had to refurb 2 of the wheels too, I wonder what Mini Me/Only Me done with them????????

Sweeney
12th June 2006, 12:03 AM
if theres still a slight trace of the marks another 1 or 2 goes should completely remove them, unless they're REALLY deep