PDA

View Full Version : Willie's new car...

Linda M
21st November 2003, 02:03 AM
Come on then, what are you all thinking :question:

I'm not going to give anything away but I'd kinda like to know what you folks think he's going for :clown:

Fontal
21st November 2003, 02:09 AM
Me thinks a Golf R32

macblob
21st November 2003, 02:10 AM
I think a new MINI , he is just teasing us lol

minidriver#1
21st November 2003, 02:24 AM
Willie is selling? i bet its a Deawoo Matiz with a Vielside jap body kit on it.

Wul
21st November 2003, 02:40 AM
I think he's going to buy alan's other car off him!

http://www.thejakeys.com/media/54238.jpg

:D;):D

knaone
21st November 2003, 02:49 AM
Willie is getting a new car???

He is buying the 275 BBR :D

Gismo
21st November 2003, 03:30 AM
I won't be tempted into this ridiculous thread :evil: oh well then, i reckon it's an Elise

Bonnie Scotland

Big Gordy
21st November 2003, 04:25 AM
It could be a TVR :D

Gismo
21st November 2003, 04:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

I think he's going to buy alan's other car off him!
http://www.thejakeys.com/media/54238.jpg:D;):DI sold those wheels ages ago :evil:;)

Bonnie Scotland

zimbo
21st November 2003, 05:08 AM
Mmmmm is it a pink cadillac with furry dice:D
To do some pimpin in..... :D

Pimp daddy willie:clown:

Burple
21st November 2003, 07:48 AM
;);)
<wink wink>... knows what it really is...

...it's the wooden Ferrari innit??? ;)

broken_brian
21st November 2003, 08:44 AM
could it be the latest "supercharged" offering from LADA

;)

Willie M
21st November 2003, 04:42 PM
Nasty Linda :evil::disapprove:
As Bonnie Scotland said, I won't be drawn into this ridiculous thread :evil:
All I will say is that if you buy this months What Car magazine you will find my next car mentioned somewhere within it's pages ;)

Big Col
21st November 2003, 04:45 PM
He's getting a Metro. That's what most people his age drive ain't it? :D

Julz
21st November 2003, 05:28 PM
There's only one thing I can say, poor Stouffer!!:(:(

knaone
21st November 2003, 07:03 PM
Doesnt What Car have listing for all cars that you can buy??? :eek:

thats cheatin!

Willie M
21st November 2003, 08:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

There's only one thing I can say, poor Stouffer!!:(:(

Must admit I am a wee bit sad :( <sob... sniffle> Great wee car, will certainly be missed when he goes :I

Linda M
21st November 2003, 09:23 PM
One of you is actually right :eek:

It's a..............:p:p:p

knaone
21st November 2003, 09:41 PM
When is it due to come? has it been ordered or is it just something you can go out and buy ;)

odds are currently

R32 10/1
A new MINI 3/4
DaeWoo Matiz (with bodykit) 50/1
Alans old Metro 1000/1
BBR MINI 100/1
Elise 7/2
TVR 6/1
Caddy 3/1
Wooden Ferrari 50/1
LADA 10000000000/1

I'm bored... can you tell?? :p:p:p:p:p

KenL
21st November 2003, 09:59 PM
Nissan 350Z - I like them anyway.

seany
21st November 2003, 11:20 PM
a cooper s

broken_brian
22nd November 2003, 08:40 AM
a works cooper s ??

;)

knaone
23rd November 2003, 03:11 AM
I can now reveal.... Willies new car is being shipped over to the UK!!!
:D:D
http://www.vancouverminicooperclub.com/photogallery/images/italianjobdrive/photo17_lg.jpg

:p:p:D:blackeye::eek:

Julz
24th November 2003, 05:11 AM
Oh WOW, I always wanted a pink mini, now I can really be Penelope Pitstop...why little ol' me!!:I

Big Col
24th November 2003, 04:36 PM
It's true folks. If you see a pink MINI with furry dice being driven by a guy in a sequined suit with a huge collar and the reg plate B1G P1MP1NG that be our Willie M. :D

Willie M
24th November 2003, 05:00 PM
I think I've got a stalker mummy :eek:, frae Banknock (or thereabouts) ;) I think Big Gordy's been raking through my wardrobe too !!! :eek:
As much as the pink Cooper really does appeal (not!), I think I'll leave that one for the laydees :cool:

Strange thing is, and this is really weird, I think the little blighter (Stouffer) knows there's a change afoot... I've had to park him at the front of the house this last week as the garage is full of 'housemoving debris'. Friday night I'm getting ready to go to bed and I notice the MINI's interior light is on. When I step outside to investigate I find that both windows are fully down and the car is lying unlocked.

Horror :evil: I'd read about this problem on MINI2 a while back but had never experienced it myself. Something about dampness upsetting the onboard computer. I tried various things and after about 15 minutes of fannying about in the dark I managed to get the car locked again, and both windows up.

Surprise, surprise (... Oi... Black.. Nooooo..) Linda goes out first thing Saturday morning and the little rat's sitting their unlocked, with his windows down again :mad:

Put him in the garage the last 2 nights (Daisy had to lie outside :D:D) and he's fine again, no problems. I'm telling you... the car 'know's' what is going on :eek:

I'll see if Menzies have anything nice when I'm in this week ;):cool:

GAJ
24th November 2003, 05:48 PM
Particularly worrying problem this one!

Doesn't inspire confidence thinking that your car might unlock itself and open the windows just cos it's a wee bit damp - especially living in Scotland and doubly especially in Leith!!

Looks like my car will have to go back AGAIN too. I had the door fixed last week and was pretty pleased with the job. However I hadn't been out in the car much 'till the weekend and now I've noticed that the window seems to be rattling and I don't think it is always dropping like it should when it is opened. I am really pretty annoyed that nothing ever seems to get fixed properly - I ALWAYS end up having to go back to get the job done properly. I don't have time to take it back in just now either, this is really very inconvenient.

Annoyed,
Edinburgh!

knaone
24th November 2003, 06:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Strange thing is, and this is really weird, I think the little blighter (Stouffer) knows there's a change afoot... I've had to park him at the front of the house this last week as the garage is full of 'housemoving debris'. Friday night I'm getting ready to go to bed and I notice the MINI's interior light is on. When I step outside to investigate I find that both windows are fully down and the car is lying unlocked.

Horror :evil: I'd read about this problem on MINI2 a while back but had never experienced it myself. Something about dampness upsetting the onboard computer. I tried various things and after about 15 minutes of fannying about in the dark I managed to get the car locked again, and both windows up.

Are you sure the key isnt in your pocket and it just so happens when you press the button that it does this? mine used to have the Christine syndrome but i found if i was more cafeful with the key it didnt do it.... the key should be programmed if you hold the button in that it will put the windows down unless you had it changed.... this happened to John (Zooooom) too once... i think it was the key the same as mine.... :)

hope that helps :)

Wul
24th November 2003, 06:18 PM
Ditto GAJ! The wee sh1ts around here (hutchison) would take great pleasure in emptying the interior of my car in about 10seconds flat if the windows were down and doors open :eek:

Will be keeping a close eye on this one - BTW GAJ was your repair carried out by your local seafield dealership? giving serious thoughts as trying eastern but not sure if they are any better!

Linda M
24th November 2003, 06:20 PM
Just to re-cap....DAISY is sitting OUTSIDE covered in FROST :mad::disapprove::mad:

knaone
24th November 2003, 06:44 PM
Just proves she is more robust Linda :D

macblob
24th November 2003, 08:14 PM
There arent many great stories about Eastern either i dont think , cause ive considered trying them too but as I said to Gaj the other weekend its probsbly six and half a dozen.

My car windows went nuts ages ago , wouldnt totally open themselves but would jump up and down as they do when you shut the door, also the car would unlock and lock itself.Ohhh aye interior light went mad too.

Was found to be a dodgy door catch on the passenger side, never happened since it was replaced on one of my many warranty trips to BMW.

Can totally sympathise with you Gaj about them never doing stuff right the 1st damm time as everyone has better things to do with there time than trail in and out on there dealerships. The thing that really gets me annoyed is they seem to think its perfectly acceptable to drag you in loads for something that should have been done right the 1st time and not once have I ever had an apology .....all you get is arrogance :mad:

euan
24th November 2003, 09:24 PM
Eastern were always good to me, but then the car did go back a lot. Not so much a pain as I was round the corner and never had to go without it as they would pick it up, but still a pain in the ass. Never tried the other lot, too far away form me.

And I found out that on the sales side Bill has left Eastern - anyone know who's doing what there now?

KenL
25th November 2003, 06:59 PM
It was Bill who sold me my car - I wonder where he's gone. His picture is still on the EasternBMW website.

Mini Martyn
26th November 2003, 06:29 AM
I think I know what Willies new car is a Citroen C2 VTR!!?? :D

KenL
26th November 2003, 07:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

I think I know what Willies new car is a Citroen C2 VTR!!?? :D

Sweet :p

broken_brian
26th November 2003, 09:33 AM
quote:origionally posted by Willie M

I think I've got a stalker mummy , frae Banknock (or thereabouts);)

what are u trying to imply ;)

Willie M
26th November 2003, 05:00 PM
Eh, nothing Broken B, nothing at all ;)

knaone
27th November 2003, 12:09 AM
Not coming clean about what you are gettin yet??? :(:eek:

seany
27th November 2003, 12:13 AM
I still think will is up grading, is cooper to a cooper s.

Willie M
27th November 2003, 04:40 PM
:mad::mad: Once I get Stouffer (or Christine Jnr. as he's now known) sorted out I'll let youz know what's happening, although word does seem to be leaking out 8)

Fontal
27th November 2003, 05:17 PM
Defo the R32 ;);)

minidriver#1
27th November 2003, 06:28 PM
the R36 is just around the corner Fontal, maybe he's gonna wait till that comes out. Cant believe it, Willie is growing up :(

knaone
27th November 2003, 07:43 PM
R32?

Willie wont have a MINI???? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Wont be long till you are trying to borrow Daisy to go on runs!!! :eek::D:D Linda... lock up the keys!! :p:p

Willie M
27th November 2003, 09:05 PM
This R32 suggestion certainly seems to be gaining currency. I will admit I have been for a look (or two) and have been sorely tempted :evil:. Much as I liked Alan's suggestion(in another thread)of doing Mizen to Malin in an R32, that would be fun :p, I'm afraid the R32 lost out in the end :(

How's about re-jigging your odds board knaone??? :D

Big Gordy
27th November 2003, 09:10 PM
Is the V6 TT not out soon :question: That could be a contender :p:D:approve:

KenL
27th November 2003, 09:49 PM

I'm afraid the R32 lost out in the end :(

:D

Good decision Willie even though it looks a great car as it's about to go out of production with the new mk5 coming out.

minidriver#1
27th November 2003, 10:10 PM
Gordy, the V6 TT is already out, i was speaking to a bloke about his in a local petrol station, shoulda seen it. It looked like a mini on steroids, a bigger dose than was Julz has been feeding hers.

knaone
27th November 2003, 10:17 PM
How's about re-jigging your odds board knaone??? :D

*tries his hardest to jiggle* (not a pretty site) :eek::eek::eek::eek:

odds are currently

R32 100/1 (maybe he is just saying it to get better odds :p:p)
A new MINI 22/1000 (its the only sensible choice)
DaeWoo Matiz (with bodykit) 66/1 (they sold the gold one he really wanted :approve:)
Alans old Metro 1000/1 (Stays the same until he can find the glagae neds what own it noo, proper tekkle)
BBR MINI 175/1 (not enough leg room after adjustment for the wee guy on top gear :D)
Elise 5/2 (Maybeeeee this seems to be the dark horse)
TVR 7/1 (not as good with a catalytic (spelling) converter)
Caddy 5/1 (if it aint pink...)
Wooden Ferrari 49/1 (someone bet on it :eek::eek:)
LADA 10000000000/1 (would you?)

Recent suggestions...

Citroen C2 VTR 72.50/1 (atleast its not that one with the daft roof)
Spiritual Healer for Christine (Stouffer) 10/5 (he doesnt want to be chased by a jealous car)
The Skoda with all the toys 25/1 (Just to say to alan there is more toys in his car... :dead:)

Any other takers?

GAJ
27th November 2003, 10:23 PM
Elise!!

seany
27th November 2003, 11:23 PM
i still think it will be a cooper s ( go on willie tell us)

Burple
28th November 2003, 12:23 AM
Hey you missed out the Works S.... ;)

Wul
28th November 2003, 12:42 AM
Can't believe we were all so narrow minded!

....it's a classic mini!:D

knaone
28th November 2003, 12:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
What do you mean? i said "New MINI" this includes all varients! :eek: are you trying to insinuate i run a dodgy bookmakers????:approve:

Dont suggest a Works S he may mistake Daisy for a demo model and rally her! :eek:

and also Ewan... call that a mutley on Mini2? Mines better :p:p:p:p

Burple
28th November 2003, 01:17 AM
quote:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
What do you mean? i said "New MINI" this includes all varients! :eek: are you trying to insinuate i run a dodgy bookmakers????:approve:

Dont suggest a Works S he may mistake Daisy for a demo model and rally her! :eek:
and also Ewan... call that a mutley on Mini2? Mines better :p:p:p:p

Huh... you're just trying to upstage me and my DJ Tiddles cos we beat you to the Father Ted line earlier... :p:p:p

thhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppp!!!!! :p:p

sh@z
28th November 2003, 02:00 AM
if willie doesnt get another mini, then that jus wouldnt be right, the universe would lose all balance ;)

seany
28th November 2003, 04:30 AM
not the work s but the BBR mini

Linda M
28th November 2003, 05:31 AM
Hmmm, it's getting rather 'HOT' in here :eek:

seany
28th November 2003, 06:09 AM
it is a mini open top (thanks linda)

Big Col
28th November 2003, 04:51 PM
The BBR MINI gets my vote too.

Willie M
28th November 2003, 04:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

And the Escalade :cool:

GAJ
28th November 2003, 05:26 PM
Extra head room? Good idea!

Mini Martyn
28th November 2003, 06:13 PM
What about a Hummer H2!? Would Linda like a Hummer??!! :I

sh@z
28th November 2003, 11:10 PM
BLING BLING

get 26's on that like shaq :D

Big Gordy
28th November 2003, 11:21 PM
When brussel sprouts are on the menu Linda does get a hummer:p:D:approve:

Linda M
28th November 2003, 11:43 PM
As mentioned before, I'm addicted to MTV Cribs. I would love a Hummer or Escalade complete with the bling bling spinning disc things :cool: There was an Escalade pick up the other night and it was the coolest truck ever :approve:

Burple
29th November 2003, 12:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

What about a Hummer H2!? Would Linda like a Hummer??!! :I

fnar fnar fnar... should it not be Willie getting one??
(pardon the pun if you get that one...) ;););):D:I:I

Willie M
1st December 2003, 09:47 PM
I hope Santa cleans your diirrty little mind Ln'L1 :D
UPDATE:
Stouffer is returning to the mother ship on Wednesday to be excorsised :evil: (i.e. have his 'Christine' syndrome fixed). He's performed the amazing unlocking / interior light / electric window trick another 4 times now, EVEN when parked up in the garage. Luckily I haven't had to depend on the MINI for my day to day transport, I would have been absolutely terrified to leave it anywhere in this condition :eek:

Was told today that if I had called MINI Emergency they would have taken the car off to the nearest dealer and I would have been given a courtesy car until fixed. Sincerely hope this doesn't happen to any of you folks but this is worth noting if it should.

Hmmmmphh!!! I just hope Escalade's are reliable ;);):D

zimbo
3rd December 2003, 02:14 AM

HA HA :D little being an extremely appropriate word in this case.... :D:D:D ha ha ha ha ha ha.......

Burple
3rd December 2003, 02:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by zimbo

HA HA :D little being an extremely appropriate word in this case.... :D:D:D ha ha ha ha ha ha.......

Not blummin' likely!!! ;);)

You know how people have been 'kneecapped' before...?

Looks like someone's heading for an "Ankling" from Santa!!
I know the colour of your front door... etc.. etc Zimbo! :p
;);););)

knaone
3rd December 2003, 04:30 AM
Oh dear... Ewan in a Santa suit.... Scary!!! :eek::eek::blackeye::blackeye::approve:

minidriver#1
3rd December 2003, 06:31 AM
Willie, if you get a Cadillac Escalade, you need to get 22inch chrome rims and a hydrolic kit. Me and you can go pimping, well, i can, you can be my back up.

Willie M
3rd December 2003, 09:15 PM
:D LOL <singing: 'I got ho's, in different area codes..)

bpirie1000
7th December 2003, 11:01 PM
Come on then Willie What r you going to get..??

how about an artic truck then you could get three minis in the back on a ramp??!!!??

"MMMM good Plot for a film me thinks.........have to look into it"

cheers Brian

seany
8th December 2003, 04:37 AM
i dont think we will get willie or linda to speake, but i still think it is a mini cooper s open top 275 bbr.

GAJ
8th December 2003, 07:36 AM
;)

Willie M
8th December 2003, 04:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

;)
Oh dear, methinks the drink may have loosened MMM's tongue :eek:
There, there Gaj, good boy, ssshhhhh!!! Quietly does it now. Here's a nice fish supper and a crate of Guinness :cool:

The facts will be revealed on Wednesday folks :I

GAJ
8th December 2003, 05:26 PM
I have no idea what you are on about.:evil::I And what's all this about Guinness?;)

knaone
8th December 2003, 07:44 PM
we expect pictures!!! :p:p:p:dead:

Wul
8th December 2003, 07:58 PM
Willie has bought the Toyota Hilux from Top Gear and is getting it delivered on Wednesday! :D

knaone
8th December 2003, 08:02 PM
class, complete with split chassis, the INDESTRUCABLE car :D:D:D:dead:

macblob
9th December 2003, 02:41 AM
;)

bpirie1000
9th December 2003, 02:53 AM
Willie Yer Hi-lux ??????

Is it away to get a scratch t-cutted out the bonnet.

One of those ones that appear as if from no where..

What a car your so lucky...

Good choice.

seany
9th December 2003, 10:59 PM
its wednesday willie

GAJ
10th December 2003, 12:22 AM
It's only Tuesday in Edinburgh!

Where is the international date line?;)

seany
10th December 2003, 01:42 AM
i am trying to get willie to say

Linda M
10th December 2003, 02:04 AM
Daisy doesn't think it's all that exciting :clown:

seany
10th December 2003, 02:11 AM
how not

GAJ
10th December 2003, 05:10 AM
Don't suppose Daisy would!8)

Willie M
10th December 2003, 05:04 PM
<clears throat> Ahem!
Okay then, it's Wednesday (well it is in Bonnybridge anyway) and I can exclusively (well, not quite) reveal that.......

I have traded in my Mini, got a good price too, and am soon to be the proud owner of a brand spankin' new..... Oh crap, time to start work, I'll tell you later ;)

Gismo
10th December 2003, 05:05 PM
Ya Bass, i'm workin today and hardly get a chance to surf in the office :blackeye::(:dead: Someone send me a text NOW

Bonnie Scotland

Julz
10th December 2003, 05:12 PM

I'll tell you later ;)

grrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr:mad::mad:

Fontal
10th December 2003, 05:16 PM
You evil evil man Willie!

Julz
10th December 2003, 05:16 PM
;):D:approve:

knaone
10th December 2003, 06:47 PM
I have traded in my Mini, got a good price too, and am soon to be the proud owner of a brand spankin' new..... Oh crap, time to start work, I'll tell you later ;)

Boooo!!!

Linda, you tell us and beat Willie to it!!! :p:p:evil::evil:

Gismo
10th December 2003, 09:34 PM
OK, what ****** car have you got, not that i'm the slightest bit interested you understand ;)

Bonnie Scotland

seany
10th December 2003, 09:40 PM
come on willie we all wont to now

Willie M
10th December 2003, 09:44 PM
Okay.
Despite his recent spell of demonic possession it was a very difficult decision I took when I decided to part with Stouffer :( I have absolutely loved both the Coopers we've owned, fantastic handling, huge grin factor, you know the stuff...

I've also had a great deal of fun meeting all you fab MINI owners (yes, even Bonnie Scotland ;)) via Mini2 and latterly NMS. I've had a lot of great adventures too and driven many roads I may never have normally seen (Heartbeat Run, Mizen to Malin, Cullen, Borders, etc.)

However, following a fruitless search (many hous / months) for a good Cooper conversion I ultimatley decided it was time for a change. I was seriously tempted by the VW R32 (if I'd actually gone for a test drive I may have signed the deal) BUT....

Would I miss all my MINI chums and their cars? Would I miss the fun of the MINI runs and socials? Would I miss the banter of the NMS and MINI2 boards? Would I miss the fun, and sometimes the frustration, of MINI ownership?

OF COURSE I WOULD ;):D

So, I can proudly announce that my new car will be.....

A DS/DS JCW MINI Cooper S :cool: c/w aerokit (of course) :D Having driven Linda's car a few times since the conversion I have to say I'm smitten and, in the end, the MINI easily won over on the R32.

All being well I'll get my new car in February. Looking forward to 2004... big styleee :cool:
Oh, and thanks to the few who already knew for keeping silent. That's a bag of dolly mixtures I owe you :clown:

Julz already has 1st claim on the adoption of any JCW offspring, should Daisy become too familiar with her new garagemate :clown:

Gismo
10th December 2003, 09:49 PM
Sorry to spoil your party Willie, but we all knew what car you were getting :evil:;) tee hee :eek: Well, maybe not everybody

Bonnie Scotland

seany
10th December 2003, 10:08 PM
i nether knew, but once you have own a mini, that it, minis for life, it is for me.

seany
10th December 2003, 10:10 PM
looking forwords to seeing it willie, thats 3 JCW MINI now any more

knaone
10th December 2003, 10:55 PM
Very nice Willie! :D

Heres to many many many MINI miles :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

GAJ
10th December 2003, 11:03 PM
What about the wheels?

knaone
10th December 2003, 11:13 PM
he should've put the spec on hehehehe :D

macblob
11th December 2003, 01:54 AM
Ohhhh im shocked , what about all the im never going to buy a cooper s ????:p:p

lol

Traitor

Willie M
11th December 2003, 01:57 AM

What about the wheels?
Er.. yes.. it will have wheels Gary ;)

Willie M
11th December 2003, 01:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by macblob

Ohhhh im shocked , what about all the im never going to buy a cooper s ????:p:p
:I <engage selective memory mode> I don't recall ever saying anything of the sorts MacB ;)

GAJ
11th December 2003, 02:28 AM

What about the wheels?
Er.. yes.. it will have wheels Gary ;)

I walked into that one!:p

I'll rephrase the question;

Are you putting the Kahns that Stouffer is currently wearing on the yet un-named Works S or aare you fitting some others, or are you, dare I say it, keeping the wheels that it comes with? What about shape, I hear the round ones give the best ride.;)

bpirie1000
11th December 2003, 02:55 AM
Cooper S well there is a surprise willie....

Gald to hear you love the banter more than the car.....

Or Is he staying because he loves the car not the banter?

you decide.

Well bring on February. Another mini Cooper s Works Yipeeeeee

You just buy a new mini cause Stouffer gets dirty.

Cheers Brian

Linda M
11th December 2003, 03:28 AM
<YAWN> OH, I've just been SO busy today :clown: Not that I'm bothered he's getting a new JCW MINI :clown: He always has to copy ME :evil:

Anyway, Daisy's 'made to order' Christmas pressie is getting delivered tomorrow, all FOUR :D:cool::D

Linda M
11th December 2003, 03:29 AM
In response to the 'mods' question, I think he's planning a few ;)

macblob
11th December 2003, 06:40 AM
U wanna gimme ur Kahns Willie?

Pretty Please :D

seany
11th December 2003, 06:44 AM
linda i take it you are geing spot lights for daisy

macblob
11th December 2003, 07:01 AM
New rims for daisy me thinks :D

Willie M
11th December 2003, 05:00 PM
I will certainly be removing the Kahns from Stouffer before he leaves. At the moment I'm not sure if I'll put them on the new car or not, I've seen another set of rims that I'm quite attracted to :approve:
Ultimately the Kahns (+ Goodyear F1's 215x40) could be up for grabs. Perhaps we should talk Macblob ;)

As for tyres Gaj. I was thinking about giving the new pentagonal ones a go but decided to stick with the traditional round ones :approve:

Spec for the new car is: DS/DS, aerokit, Chili, JCW kit, factory tints and heated washers / mirrors. First projects once I get the car will be tints on passengers and drivers doors (Pentagon) and a wee ICE upgrade. Once the better weather comes in I'll see what I'm going to do about new wheels.

GAJ
11th December 2003, 05:35 PM
Heh, I am not wanting Macblob muscling in, why do you think I was asking;)

Car sounds very smart! Any ideas about the ICE?

knaone
11th December 2003, 07:02 PM
Perhaps Linda could be gettin a nice exhaust system custom made?? :eek:

macblob
11th December 2003, 11:53 PM
there mine Gaj all mine lol

broken_brian
12th December 2003, 01:51 AM
woo hoo a BIG bag of dolly mixtures for me :clown:

Willie M
12th December 2003, 04:49 PM
I'll try and get to the sweetie shop before the festive run Broken B ;):D

Julz
12th December 2003, 05:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

Anyway, Daisy's 'made to order' Christmas pressie is getting delivered tomorrow, all FOUR :D:cool::D

WELLLL????? It's the day after tomorrow Linda, come on, tell all!!! NOW:eek::p:clown:

KenL
12th December 2003, 06:04 PM
Excellent choice Willie :cool:

Is it not about time Linda got a new car? :p:D

Linda M
12th December 2003, 08:09 PM
That's what I was kinda thinking Ken :D

Willie M
12th December 2003, 09:24 PM

WELLLL????? It's the day after tomorrow Linda, come on, tell all!!! NOW:eek::p:clown:
I think Linda may have missed your post Julz, but if you check here you may just find out;) http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=911

Big Col
12th December 2003, 10:51 PM
Hey Willie. What ya gonna call the new 'un?

Willie M
15th December 2003, 04:57 PM
Haven't decided on a name as of yet Col, Linda says I can't call it Stouffer 2 though :( Probably won't decide until I see the car in the flesh (so to speak).

Julz
15th December 2003, 05:08 PM
Willie, when you trade in Stouffer, does his award go with him??:p

Quik_Mini
15th December 2003, 06:52 PM
Any idea what you are going to do ICE wise yet Willie? Or any ideas on how much you are looking to spend on ICE?

sh@z
16th December 2003, 03:31 AM
superb willie...

aero kit has to be done ;)

glad ur stickin to the mini mate

Willie M
16th December 2003, 04:38 PM

Willie, when you trade in Stouffer, does his award go with him??:p
:eek::eek:Ratttss!!! If only I'd mentioned the award during the trade-in negotiations :mad: I'd have got twice as much for him ;) DOH!
I think I'll keep the award Julz, as a wee reminder 8):)

quote:Originally posted by Quik_Mini

Any idea what you are going to do ICE wise yet Willie?
Will be doing a bit of thinking over Xmas / New Year but will probably just be a CD head unit, multichanger and upgrade the speakers. I've always been a SONY man but having heard Linda's Pioneer system I'm thinking of trying something different.

Wul
16th December 2003, 08:13 PM

Any idea what you are going to do ICE wise yet Willie? Or any ideas on how much you are looking to spend on ICE?

Asda sell 2.5kg packs for about 98p!

:p:evil:;)

Mini Martyn
17th December 2003, 09:09 PM

Or do you mean da bling bling??

Quik_Mini
18th December 2003, 05:37 AM
Lol, its just ICE is my pet subject, hense how I managed to get 147.4 db out of 1 sub 1 amp and a set of components :)

Mini Martyn
18th December 2003, 06:12 PM

Lol, its just ICE is my pet subject, hense how I managed to get 147.4 db out of 1 sub 1 amp and a set of components :)

I like the sound of that, impressive!!

weefossy
19th December 2003, 07:44 AM
My faith in mankind is restored!! New car sounds good Willie. Have always liked the subtle look of the Khans, they will be hard to beat.
Must confess to a large amount of jealously:(:(
Does anyone know where I can trade in a heavily modified Corsa and a brand new Ford Ka. I will throw in the 2 students that go with them for free:evil:;)

Gismo
19th December 2003, 10:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Does anyone know where I can trade in a heavily modified Corsa and a brand new Ford Ka. I will throw in the 2 students that go with them for free:evil:;)
Yep, i'll give you a fiver for the ka and a tenner for the corsa, don't feel sorry for me as i'm sure i'll manage to move them on, sometime next year ;)

Bonnie scotland

DNV122
20th December 2003, 06:14 AM
Willie,

What can you say - great taste !

If I can get round to ask for an insurance quote for a JCW kit, I hope to be joining the merry band of modded Sssss.

Phil.

weefossy
22nd December 2003, 10:45 PM
It would be "a deal" Alan if you took on the kids as well!! No profit margin there:evil: