PDA

View Full Version : Need advice/opinions please!

Sweeney
9th June 2006, 04:54 AM
Ok so i liked the jcw spoiler when i saw it, added to my list of things to get done. It currently has the chrome boot handle and standard facelift 05 tail lights but once/when i have it done im thinking of getting a black boot handle and black tail lights to match the red and black/carbon fibre of the spoiler (im trying to get an all over black and red two tone look to the car).

Should i? I think it'd look good but i value your opinions on here :p

pic of the lights:http://www.playmini2.co.uk/images/lamp3.jpghttp://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~rsweeney/image.jpg

Burple
9th June 2006, 05:13 AM
I like it! It really helps the black and red thing :cool::cool:
I almost got them for my old white Cooper :cool:

But if your car is post-face lift these ones won't fit!

Big Col
9th June 2006, 05:46 AM
Oooooh I want those lights!!!! :D:D:D

Scottie
9th June 2006, 05:56 AM
Sweeney if you have the new style rear lights these are no good.

How about getting your ones smoked or get the smoke film and put that on but you got to makea good job of the film or it looks naf.

Burple
9th June 2006, 06:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Oooooh I want those lights!!!! :D:D:D

They'd match the colour of the back of your car! ;):D:D:p

john
9th June 2006, 07:36 AM
SORRY!!! I don't like them :(

BUT!!!! if everyone liked the same then it would be very boring:)

Crombers
9th June 2006, 07:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

SORRY!!! I don't like them :(

BUT!!!! if everyone liked the same then it would be very boring:)

I,m with John on this one , each to there own but not my cuppa tea.

Gismo
9th June 2006, 12:01 PM
It's another no from me too, soz :disapprove::p

X30YES
9th June 2006, 01:30 PM
Sure looks like a NO vote from The Over the Hill gang again :D

Sweeney
9th June 2006, 03:09 PM
bah i'll never win will i :p didn't realise they were pre-facelift lights.

what about the boot handle being black rather than chrome?

Big Col
9th June 2006, 03:18 PM
Mate the if you add up the ages of the 4 guys that don't like them you'd have more years than man's been able to walk upright! I mean come on! You wouldn't ask your grandad's opinion on your new jeans would you?!!?! :)

X30YES
9th June 2006, 03:47 PM
:D:D:D

ianking
9th June 2006, 04:40 PM
Well im only 23 and im with the old boys on this one. Minis look good enough as they come and why would you want to put a black tailgate handle on it as it would just end up looking like a mini one.
Each to their own though

Big Col
9th June 2006, 05:05 PM
You've obviously got an old head on your shoulders Ian. ;)

I was only commenting on the lights though. I wouldn't put a black bot lid handle on mine. :)

Sweeney
9th June 2006, 06:26 PM
look like a mini one?, can't be having that! (nothing wrong with the one), i'll leave that too then :p

ianking
9th June 2006, 06:28 PM
nothing wrong with a one at all (I have owned 2 in the past) but one of the first things I changed on the them was all the black stuff and replaced it with chrome stuff (tailgate handle, grill, mirror caps)

Big Col
9th June 2006, 06:44 PM
Nothing wrong with the ONE apart from the fact they're slow. :D:D:D

<legs it into the distance with his big stirring stick>

AeroJonny
9th June 2006, 07:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

Well im only 23 and im with the old boys on this one. Minis look good enough as they come and why would you want to put a black tailgate handle on it as it would just end up looking like a mini one.
Each to their own though

Hey! What's wrong wi' a mini one like??:evil::p

Allan
9th June 2006, 10:08 PM
My mate got a set of custom LED ones made up for his ZR, you could probably get them done for the MINI in black

Burple
9th June 2006, 10:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Nothing wrong with the ONE apart from the fact they're slow. :D:D:D

<legs it into the distance with his big stirring stick>

<Jumps out from behind a (fairly wee) rock and beats Big C about the ankles with his stirring stick>

:blackeye::blackeye::p:p:p Stitch that hightower :D:D

Smurf
9th June 2006, 11:53 PM
I saw something on a TV programme not that long ago... Can't remember the name of the programme, but it was about a huge motorbike meet / rally thing in the States... think it was California.
Anyway, they had loads of traders there with their products, and there was a guy there had BLACK CHROME stuff........:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

<drools.......>:D:D:p:p
That was GORGEOUS - I could get a bit like ScottieCoop with her Carbon Fibre over that stuff!! ;) (sorry Fi!)
But I haven't seen any in this country yet...

Boot handle in that would be yum!

Sweeney
10th June 2006, 12:15 AM
black chrome anything is hard to find, that was my first idea!

The Dogfather
10th June 2006, 12:17 AM
Black Chrome :question:

Burple
10th June 2006, 12:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Black Chrome :question:

It's like chrome... but it's black!! :p:p:D:D:D

Check this out.. A black chrome wheel in front of a plain polished one...

http://www.hummerproducts.com/Black-Chrome-Wheels-Both-We.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... very nice if it's done right! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Craig
10th June 2006, 12:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

I saw something on a TV programme not that long ago... Can't remember the name of the programme, but it was about a huge motorbike meet / rally thing in the States... think it was California.
Anyway, they had loads of traders there with their products, and there was a guy there had BLACK CHROME stuff........:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

<drools.......>:D:D:p:p
That was GORGEOUS - I could get a bit like ScottieCoop with her Carbon Fibre over that stuff!! ;) (sorry Fi!)
But I haven't seen any in this country yet...

Boot handle in that would be yum!

that would have been Sturgis in Dakota.... :approve::approve::approve:

Sweeney
10th June 2006, 02:13 AM
ah well, general consensus is not to touch the lights or handle then eh :p

best wait and see what it looks like with the normal ones and chrome first then i'll think about it again. thanks again for your input :).

craig i believe you are wanting my aero spoiler when it is removed, we better start "negotiations" for this then eh ;)

Craig
10th June 2006, 05:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

craig i believe you are wanting my aero spoiler when it is removed, we better start "negotiations" for this then eh ;)

yep, that would be correct...;)

I think we had the negotiations at the thistle run in the car park, but let me know what you want (PM me if you like) :D:D

Got my price sorted for painting and fitting - just need you to give me a good price :eek:;):D:approve:

Sweeney
10th June 2006, 07:39 AM
need to find my mask, loot bag and black and white striped shirt, dunno where i've left them... ;)

Big Col
10th June 2006, 08:16 PM
I tried for ages to explain to Iain what black chrome was when I was getting my 's! Never really got there in the end. :(