PDA

View Full Version : MTH now uploaded on my Cooper with Sound Kit

Scottie
8th June 2006, 09:38 PM
My silver S JCW has been MTH'ed and I have so been wanting to get the Parklane done even though it has the JCW sound kit :D

Up here at Inverness it is a total pain in the bum you have to travel miles to get anything done.

I've bought myself a cable and all the stuff simon has been keeping me right.

So tonight is the night that I download the info from my Car.

I am a little bit nervous me and computers are not a good match worse has yet to come when I upload the new file.
Starting to feel stressed.
Figers crossed.:)

GAJ
8th June 2006, 09:40 PM
Completely off topic - did you ever get your Mac?

Scottie
8th June 2006, 09:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Completely off topic - did you ever get your Mac?

Nope got my Laptop replaced under my guarantee. They gave me a new Toshiba. So had no reason to justify the money I would have spent of a Mac.:(:)

MartinSullivan
8th June 2006, 10:06 PM
Fiona its not stressful honest, Si is going to talk you through it and if you cant understand his brummie accent give me a call ;)

Scottie
8th June 2006, 10:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Fiona its not stressful honest, Si is going to talk you through it and if you cant understand his brummie accent give me a call ;)

PM me your number:D

Scottie
9th June 2006, 04:00 AM
So far So good.:D

Scottie
10th June 2006, 05:00 AM
Now obviously my problem is having a JCW S with the MTH remap and then jumping into my Cooper

Love my cooper but since day one even with the Sound Kit fitted I just couldn't help feeling something extra needed to be done to the car.

I had to go through the 1000 mile run-in period which was a right drag. Once complete though it still felt a bit like a wine bottle with the cork still half in. I really had to wait until I hit the 4000rpm before I felt any sort of lift not to mention getting there was a bit well slow.

My Kessock Bridge run home was always a teller - off the roundabout then straight up the hill over the bridge it was just not doing it for me when I looked in the rear view there was always some dam car coming with me yesterday it was a Ford Galaxy:I usually in the JCW S MTH I would have left thenm all behind.

Upload has been done. Took all of 5mins tonight.

Only thing left to do was take her a run. So off we went and took my run into work and I had a wee:D on my face but roadworks meant couldn't get any real idea.

Down to the roundabout a sling shot round that then up on to the kessock bridge. Well I have to say what a difference a lot more pull zipped up to 70mph in no time at all.

I really do notice the pull in ever gear a lot smoother getting there it's not a struggle anymore and I mean real pull the kind you can feel and in 5th OMG put the foot down and the she drops down on her hunches lifts up her skirts and off she goes. Now this is more like it:cool:

Before it was well a bit disappointing I mean she did get there but I was exhausted never mind the car.

better still to come as map grows in strength:cool: and the more miles I do the looser the engine will become. but for 1600 miles so far it ain't bad now.

Obvoiusly I understand when folks say it only once you hit the twisties etc etc that the cooper has every bit a good performance as the S blah blah blah.

The thing is I don't do twisties unless it's on a NMS run or a Sunday drive.

I wanted performance on normal daily drive and for my trips down the A9 I needed power that I know will get me out of trouble if need be without having to really drop down the gears and wind her up. I wanted instant lift. I now have it.

Ok I understand that folks may be a bit what about the warranty well I guess it a chance you take but always got me cable and Laptop and original map to take it back to standard if needs must.;)

Craig
10th June 2006, 06:06 AM
good to know Fiona, might be thinking of this... not sure yet though.. ;):approve:

Cooper_si
10th June 2006, 06:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

YOU cheeky monkey !!!! :eek::blackeye::p:D

Fiona...what can i say :D

Sweeney
10th June 2006, 08:37 PM
what does the mth do? is it just like the bluefin?

Craig
10th June 2006, 09:18 PM
similar... don't know too much about it. PM cooper si or martin s will be able to give you more info... :D

Scottie
11th June 2006, 12:39 AM
had her out for another blast today. I do notice a big difference

the pull in 3rd 4th are much improved and now it has some lift in 5th.

However this Classic Mini Cabrio wasted me on the old A9 to Muir of Ord. Jeez that car was fast left me for dead:(:(:( I would have got him if it were not for some resurface work and loose chipping I had to slow down. Wonder what he had under his bonnet.:question:

Hadi
14th June 2006, 02:41 AM
was it a cooper you got this done to ? and can i get it at a dealer or tuning place ?

Craig
14th June 2006, 02:51 AM
yes it is a cooper, but no you cannot get this done at the dealer.. Speak to Simon at essentialmini.co.uk. He will be able to help you with this and I think Martin S is still "assisting" with the uploading of files.. :D

N12 JLK
14th June 2006, 04:08 AM
What is the bhp of the Parklane now Fiona:question:

Sweeney
14th June 2006, 04:11 AM
is it even run in yet? haha

Scottie
14th June 2006, 05:44 AM
the bhp is only up to 130 not much of a increase in that but the remap I think makes a huge difference to the torgue and all roud smoothness. Best thing I can do is next time we are together I'll give you a wee shot of the Parklane to see what you think.

At the moment every day I'm in the car it keeps getting better and beter Covered 270 miles since the re map:)

N12 JLK
14th June 2006, 05:50 AM
I'll be round yours tommorrow , staying in Beauly again:)
I'll leave you in peace off to bed now up at 5, mind you have my mobile number

Scottie
14th June 2006, 06:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

I'll be round yours tommorrow , staying in Beauly again:)
I'll leave you in peace off to bed now up at 5, mind you have my mobile number

Well normally not a problem but Allan got taken off to the hospital this afternoon so things are abit all over the place at the moment.

Fiona.

Gismo
14th June 2006, 12:11 PM
I agree with Fi, there is a definite improvement with the map, throttle response is sharper and the torque is better spread over the rpm range, i think with a larger throttle body, a decent air intake and the MTH map you'd have a nice all round package that is slightly cheaper than the sound kit, but :)
I'm not saying you shouldn't get the sound kit, but there is an alternative and very slightly cheaper ;)