PDA

View Full Version : Domestic flights?

The Bull
8th June 2006, 06:39 PM
What kind of ID will suffice for a domestic flight from Edinburgh to Norwich? I'm asking because my passport ran out last year and I haven't got a new one yet. Would they accept the old one or would my photo driving licence do?

X30YES
8th June 2006, 06:46 PM
All passengers must present valid photo identification at check-in for all flights. The only acceptable forms of photo-ID on Ryanair flights are:
A valid passport
A valid Government issued National Identity Card issued by a European Economic Area (EEA) country. Only the following countries from the EEA issue National Identity Cards which are acceptable for carriage: Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden (for travel within the Schengen area only) and Switzerland.
National Identity Cards issued by the Government of Gibraltar.
A valid European Economic Area (EEA) driving licence with photo,
presented by a passenger whose place of birth is within the EEA is acceptable only for travel on internal flights within the UK, internal flights within Italy and UK-Republic of Ireland-UK.
In accordance with Article 28(1) of the 1951 UN Convention, a valid UN Refugee Convention Travel Document issued by a Government in place of a valid passport is acceptable.
--------------------
BA:-For travel within the UK only, you do not need to carry either photographic ID or your passport
--------------------
Easy Jet:- We require all passengers to provide a valid form of photographic ID at check-in on all flights, including domestic services – visit our Carrier’s Regulations for details of the forms of ID accepted at check in.The airline requires all passengers to provide photographic ID at check-in on all flights including domestic services. Passengers who use the online check-in service will be required to provide photographic ID at the security gate and again at the boarding gate

Mini Me
8th June 2006, 06:54 PM
yeh, wot he said......
drivers licence is fine:p

Angus, what do you do all day.........:question: whatever it is, gees a job man.

The Bull
8th June 2006, 06:55 PM
That pretty well answers that then, ta. My mate has booked the flights in our name so I'll need to check what airline it is. I'll be ok with my driving licence but I'm more concerned about the wife as she has the old paper driving licence and her passport is also out of date I think. Cheers Angus.

X30YES
8th June 2006, 06:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by Only Me

yeh, wot he said......
drivers licence is fine:p

Angus, what do you do all day.........:question: whatever it is, gees a job man.
sssssssssssssush :p

euan
9th June 2006, 05:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by picklehammer

That pretty well answers that then, ta. My mate has booked the flights in our name so I'll need to check what airline it is. I'll be ok with my driving licence but I'm more concerned about the wife as she has the old paper driving licence and her passport is also out of date I think. Cheers Angus.

Yeah, they will need some kind of valid photo ID for your wife. Although, if you book with a credit card and only take hand luggage, I don't think I've had any ID checked in the UK. (That doesn't mean try it!!!) They did check at the gate coming back from Amsterdam the other week though.

Burple
9th June 2006, 05:47 PM
quote:

Yeah, they will need some kind of valid photo ID for your wife. Although, if you book with a credit card and only take hand luggage, I don't think I've had any ID checked in the UK. (That doesn't mean try it!!!) They did check at the gate coming back from Amsterdam the other week though.

aye, but was that for Id?? ;);):p:p