PDA

View Full Version : FAO Scottiecoop

Sweeney
8th June 2006, 03:54 AM
On viewing your mini at the thistle run/pictures you posted of spoiler i noticed you had the smoked 3rd brake light and carbon fibre bootlid handle, did you fit them yourselves or was it a garage?

If yourselves; was it easy? what does it involve?

(Thinking of getting a smoked 3rd brake light, black tailgate handle + black lexus style rear light clusters)

Craig
8th June 2006, 03:35 PM
I'll guarantee she didn't fit them herself..... Allan on the other hand.... ;)

Scottie
8th June 2006, 04:40 PM
Craigs right I didnae fit them:I but then neither did Allan:blackeye:;):p

The boot trim is a JCW one and third smoked brake light bought off a guy at ebay were all fitted by Menzies before I collected the car from new.

Got to say the third brake light might look ok but it hopeless as you can hardly see the brake lights in daylight.

X30YES
8th June 2006, 04:55 PM
Re Third Break light ,open the boot ,look up and you will see 3-4 screws ,that holds the light in place,ensure the seal is replaced correctly (water ingress) when you fit the new one ...easy , job done .Or go the way I did and get a sticker ;) even easier to fit .:p

Big Col
8th June 2006, 05:48 PM
Just like he did for his alloy centre caps! :)

X30YES
8th June 2006, 06:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Just like he did for his alloy centre caps! :)
Hey , get some new material VB , oh its not VB , well its the same old pi$$ never the less:D:D:D

ianking
8th June 2006, 07:15 PM
Sweeney

All of the afore mentioned parts are easy to fit. If you get them then I could fit them for you on the next mini run we are at. 10 min job for the lot.
Ian

Scottie
8th June 2006, 07:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

Sweeney

All of the afore mentioned parts are easy to fit. If you get them then I could fit them for you on the next mini run we are at. 10 min job for the lot.
Ian

says the man that couldn't fit a NMS sticker;):blackeye::p:D:kiss::kiss:

ianking
8th June 2006, 08:09 PM
Ah but those stickers are totally different.:p I suppose it didnt help that I was trying to put an outside sticker onto the inside of the car....:D

Sweeney
8th June 2006, 09:51 PM
decided not to get the 3rd brake light after all, still dubious as to whether or not i should get the light clusters, probably get a sticker like angus for the brake though :p

cheers for the info + offers though