PDA

View Full Version : diamond brite

pocketrocket84
8th June 2006, 12:50 AM
:Icould someone explain to me what diamond brite is? theres a sticker on my car that says the paints protected by it, i got shampoo and another bottle of stuff in the boot to maintain it,:question::question::question:

Craig
8th June 2006, 01:00 AM
crombers has it............... although you would never know as the car is always mauchit! ;) he should be able to explain, or I do know that IanKing has had some experience of it..:D

Mini Me
8th June 2006, 01:23 AM
3 year paint protection system,includes scoch guard on the interior,same as supaguard.

pocketrocket84
8th June 2006, 04:30 AM
so does it just make it easier to clean? and make the paint shinier without polishing?:question:
quote:Originally posted by Only Me

3 year paint protection system,includes scoch guard on the interior,same as supaguard.

Sweeney
8th June 2006, 04:34 AM
I think the primary function is to protect surface from scratches/chips/scuffs.

Mini Me
8th June 2006, 04:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by pocketrocket84

so does it just make it easier to clean? and make the paint shinier without polishing?:question:

yeah, the idea is no polishing or waxing for 3 yrs, just shampoo, and you are back to a showroom finish.
Unfortunately, doesn't protect against scratches and stone chips,just fading from UV rays etc....decent product.costs £300 ish:eek::)

pocketrocket84
8th June 2006, 07:54 AM
thats good cos im not good at waxing, the car ends up looking like a giant funhouse mirror! haha at the moment im washing and polishing it like a fiend but i doubt that'll last, its the honeymoon period haha

Crombers
8th June 2006, 07:57 AM

Ya beauty , knew I was right to tick that box :p

Crombers
8th June 2006, 08:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

crombers has it............... although you would never know as the car is always mauchit!

Now now chief ;), pure siver is the best colour for us guys who dunny have that buffmeister fettish thang :p:D. Must admit that after seeing/touchy feelin MarkyC's & Jasons cars it is a poor excuse for the ultimate in the polish techno scene :approve:

ianking
8th June 2006, 04:42 PM
If you look at the Superguard topic in the Dealer Questions section you will see my thoughts on it there. :clown:
Being lazy so canny be bothered typing it all again.:)

X30YES
8th June 2006, 04:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by pocketrocket84

thats good cos im not good at waxing, the car ends up looking like a giant funhouse mirror! haha at the moment im washing and polishing it like a fiend but i doubt that'll last, its the honeymoon period haha
<never wax either>:p:D

Allan
8th June 2006, 06:55 PM
Ive tried it. I put it on my own, but me being a saddo i polished it off. Man ... imagine goin 3 minutes never mind 3 years without thinkin of polishin a car. Eh... sorry back to the topic. I put this on my aunts signum, just for the simple fact that she never cleans it and expects it to look good. It didnt disapoint, but after a while it just wears off. You need to keep washing it with the "special" shampoo and the "special" conserver (which smells like t-cut). It lasted 6 months and when i washed the car you could see the spots where it had faded to nothing.

ianking
8th June 2006, 07:13 PM
I completely agree with you Alan. I can barely go a week without polishing my car. You are correct about the stuff not lasting 3 years as well. I rekon you will get about 6 months from it as well.

AndyP & Lenore
12th June 2006, 01:56 AM
First thing to clear up: big difference between Diamondbrite and Supaguard. All in our humble opinion - Suparguard = sh!te. Diamondbrite = fantastic product.

We've put diamondbrite on our cars for a few years now. Always impressed with the product. It should last way more than 6 months, providing you do the monthly "conserver" washes. Realle that just means you have to wash the car twice instead of once - once with their shampoo and then again with the conserver mix. It's really easy and leave your car with a great look.

However, I have to admit, after feeling Jason's car on the Thistle Run we are also going to invest in a clay bar to get rid of the cr@p that gathers on the car, no matter what product you have on the car, or what cleaning routine you employ.

Pocketrock, you have a top qaulity paint protection on your car, providing you keep to the monthly conserver washes, it will stay looking great for years - no waxing required!:D:D

ianking
12th June 2006, 05:09 PM
Remember though Andy if you clay bar your car you will probably remove your Diamond Brite protection.

Wul
12th June 2006, 06:07 PM
I would change that probably to a definately!! Clay will remove your diamondbrite for sure!:eek:

Chris102
27th December 2006, 03:09 AM
I bought my '53 plate Mini just about 3 months ago from a dealer. I had my car diamond brite treated inside for the leather seats and outside for a total of £195. What a fantastic difference it makes. It is actually easier to wash the car and only takes around half the time and half the effort. That is only my personal opinion of course!

AndyP & Lenore
27th December 2006, 04:14 AM
Hi Chris, welcome to NMS. Head on over to the Introduce Yourself forum and say HI! there too.

DiamondBrite is fantastic! But remember to keep to the monthly Conserver washes; to keep the JewelUltra warranty during the annual inspections, the dealer will do a litmus paper test on the car, to make sure you are applying the conserver as you're supposed to.

A.:D

Craig
27th December 2006, 06:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Hi Chris, welcome to NMS. Head on over to the Introduce Yourself forum and say HI! there too.

DiamondBrite is fantastic! But remember to keep to the monthly Conserver washes; to keep the JewelUltra warranty during the annual inspections, the dealer will do a litmus paper test on the car, to make sure you are applying the conserver as you're supposed to.

you need to give that advice to Mr Crombie...:p;):D

Allan
28th December 2006, 09:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Chris102

I bought my '53 plate Mini just about 3 months ago from a dealer. I had my car diamond brite treated inside for the leather seats and outside for a total of £195. What a fantastic difference it makes. It is actually easier to wash the car and only takes around half the time and half the effort. That is only my personal opinion of course!

I hope the vaseline was complimentary :p

Crombers
29th December 2006, 05:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

you need to give that advice to Mr Crombie...:p;):D

Ah , bollocks :clown::I:p