PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow / Hamilton /Ayrshire-Fliers

X30YES
7th June 2006, 03:43 AM
Lets get some fliers printed and stuck on the 1000's of Minis that have been sold in this area ...and we must be looking at 4000 in the area from day one ...might be more ...Get posting guys ,the link is on my sig ....look at the figs on the Arbroath Day Out....:eek:.
NMS nneds new and young members , so if you know anyone who has a Mini get them involved , its not just about turning up on a Sat/Sun for a run that someone else has had the trouble/time and effort to organise..GET POSTING ;)

Do Your Bit

sedgie
7th June 2006, 03:45 AM
Gee some tae me@ Arbroath.....loads in St Andrews!:approve:

Sweeney
7th June 2006, 03:50 AM
trouble is, as you know, at least 90% of the people in our area angus (strathclyde), don't even care for the fact they have a mini, its either just a company car/a to b car, ive flashed every mini i pass and i've yet to recieve a wave/flash back!

To be honest i know 1 or 2 mini owners and they are complete bell ends, wouldn't want their sort on here anyways, it's a risk you take posting the fliers about though isn't it.

X30YES
7th June 2006, 03:52 AM
At least you may get the odd one or two mate .....always a few that will be interested ..never give up hope ;)Better to have died trying than not to have tried at all ...:approve:

Sweeney
7th June 2006, 03:53 AM
also, douglas parks being as big as they are in our area, should be willing to distribute them about, nudge nudge kyleminiman :p

X30YES
7th June 2006, 03:57 AM
Been there etc ;)

gill
7th June 2006, 03:58 AM
We've printed and handed out a few fliers in the Perth area already! Don't know if we've had any takers yet!? :D

X30YES
7th June 2006, 03:59 AM
Nice one Gill

Neil and Lorna
7th June 2006, 06:45 AM
Always have a supply in both cars but no takers yet on the ones I've put on cars.

Neil.:D

stoney
7th June 2006, 08:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

trouble is, as you know, at least 90% of the people in our area angus (strathclyde), don't even care for the fact they have a mini, its either just a company car/a to b car, ive flashed every mini i pass and i've yet to recieve a wave/flash back!

To be honest i know 1 or 2 mini owners and they are complete bell ends, wouldn't want their sort on here anyways, it's a risk you take posting the fliers about though isn't it.

well i have been putting them about and i some time get some flashes off of soom minis but u find it is the younger people that flash back :D:D

Sweeney
7th June 2006, 08:57 PM
ive had one person flash back, young (mid 20's?) blue cooper s, cabrio i think. just up by showcase cinemas...

X30YES
7th June 2006, 09:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by s700ony

quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

< Old flasher >,:p well not as much now with the 4 spots...I tend to wave more :)
well i have been putting them about and i some time get some flashes off of soom minis but u find it is the younger people that flash back :D:D

The Dogfather
7th June 2006, 09:40 PM
I get waves now from MX5 owners all the time :D must be because there's only a few of them about :D

Scottie
7th June 2006, 09:52 PM
there is 100's of Minis up here @ Inverness

some you can tell they love their car but not seen anyone on here.

I think if anyone who has a Mini and wants to find out about Forums car clubs etc etc will come on to the Internet looking to see what is out there.

Don't know what you need to put in for searching on google but I've yet to find NMS was directed here through Mini2.

IMHO we need more internet exposure I think.:I

The Dogfather
7th June 2006, 10:06 PM
I think you might be right, the site is a lot quieter than it used to be. Need some fresh blood.

Perhaps a name change www.newminiuk.co.uk :p;)

Scottie
7th June 2006, 10:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

I think you might be right, the site is a lot quieter than it used to be. Need some fresh blood.

Perhaps a name change www.newminiuk.co.uk :p;)

well if we have sponsors and donations.

Can't see why it would be a problem to get it higher up on the search engines.

Come on mods what do you do in this area explain it to me.:I

Burple
7th June 2006, 10:17 PM
quote:

Don't know what you need to put in for searching on google but I've yet to find NMS was directed here through Mini2.

umm what search criteria have you been using?
Go to Google, type in New, Mini and Scotland and it's the first result..
type in mini and Scotland, it's the second result... but NOT if you add the word 'forum' to the search... :p:p:D:D

Scottie
7th June 2006, 10:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

quote:

umm what search criteria have you been using?
Go to Google, type in New, Mini and Scotland and it's the first result..
type in mini and Scotland, it's the second result... but NOT if you add the word 'forum' to the search... :p:p:D:D

see so you've answered your own question.:blackeye: I was putting forum in:) but you see that's the trouble why would anyone enter Mini and Scotland without adding the word forum or car club etc etc.:question::)

markyc
8th June 2006, 03:21 AM
I've always got a nice wee supply of fliers in the car ready to hand out :D More exposure for the site would be great and the likes of Arbroath and the NMS stand at Fast and Modified in July can only help :approve:;)

X30YES
8th June 2006, 03:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

I've always got a nice wee supply of fliers in the car ready to hand out :D More exposure for the site would be great and the likes of Arbroath and the NMS stand at Fast and Modified in July can only help :approve:;)
It sure will ,and I have thought about putting an ad in the local papers, ie Mini Show Day at Strathclyde park ,just to get some local interest and get as many cars there as possible ,show off the cars and advertise NMS, as Ive said before, you must be looking at 2-3000 minis sold in this are alone .