PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Aberdeenshire Council

The Dogfather
4th June 2006, 05:06 AM
Decided to pop out for a quick blast in the newly polished mazda. Whilst out driving ended up passing through some roadworks near Colpy, they were applying a new surface dressing you know th tar and chips.

The stone chips sounded like machine gunfire and now the whole car is covered in black tar marks. The wheels actually had stone chips stuck to them and the wheel arches actually had a lump of stone chips in the recess.

Any upshot is I know have to claim against the council for the car to be cleaned and replish.

W:mad:nkers!

Neil and Lorna
4th June 2006, 05:45 AM
Holy shoite that's worse than it raining just after polishing.:eek::eek:

Better get the tar removing products out.

Neil.:D:(

The Dogfather
4th June 2006, 07:19 AM
Nope, its getting redone at the councils expense, £105 minimum.

monkimagic
4th June 2006, 09:36 AM
Man what a pain in the arse !!

Will they cough up though, I take it there was signs saying 20 mph

X30YES
4th June 2006, 04:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

Man what a pain in the arse !!

Will they cough up though, I take it there was signs saying 20 mph
and loose chippings etc ?....take photographs!!

The Dogfather
4th June 2006, 04:43 PM
there were signs but I was actually doing 10 mph an still got the damage. They closed the road just after because "there was a problem with the surface dressing".

Neil and Lorna
4th June 2006, 05:22 PM
Looks like you have a valid claim.:D

Bunch of numpties.:D

Neil.

Hadi
4th June 2006, 11:22 PM
My cougar got covered in overspray in my work last year, got £80 off the firm who done it to get sorted, bought a meguiars quik clay detail kit and a tin of nxt generation tech wax paste, came up a treat.

Crombers
5th June 2006, 07:11 AM
Trade the thing in & buy a MINI :p;):D

Scottie
6th June 2006, 09:37 PM
my silver cooper s got burn marks on the back bumper when they were taking of the white lines on the A9.:( We paid for the repair:(

gill
7th June 2006, 04:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

my silver cooper s got burn marks on the back bumper when they were taking of the white lines on the A9.:( We paid for the repair:(

Ouch ...:blackeye:

The Dogfather
8th June 2006, 07:36 PM
Just had a quote in for the repair work, £290 plus VAT

bpirie1000
8th June 2006, 07:50 PM
Ouch..

Good Luck with the Council.

They put up a fight with everything

The Dogfather
8th June 2006, 08:16 PM
I'll take them to court if I have to :evil:

The Dogfather
8th June 2006, 08:33 PM
I should also add I've actually got evidence that they closed the road later that day which kinda proves they had a problem with the road surface.....

ianking
8th June 2006, 09:54 PM
My car got covered in silver paint at Menzies. They only removed about half of it though. Had to do the rest myself with heavy polish. Wont be goin gback to Menzies...

Big Col
8th June 2006, 10:02 PM
VB:I want you to pay for the repair of my car!

Council : You're only supposed to do 10mph!

VB: I WAS!

Council:Prove it!

VB:......

The Dogfather
8th June 2006, 10:18 PM
they were using a truck to guide cars through the roadworks, so it was impossible to go any quicker :D

Big Col
8th June 2006, 10:34 PM
Can you prove that?

ianking
8th June 2006, 11:01 PM
V.B
I work for Borders Council and a wee bird at my work told me that many claims came in one day for a very similar thing down here. Tar didnt set properly and messed up lots of cars. The council had to buy people tyres like they were going out of fashion as the treads had become blocked with tar. Just thought you might like to know.......;););)

The Dogfather
8th June 2006, 11:34 PM
Cheers Ian :D