PDA

View Full Version : Portugal Cancelled

Gismo
20th November 2003, 08:06 AM
Ah well, the entire scottish nation will be able to enjoy a stress free summer again thanks to Holland, won't have to worry about 3 defeats :(

Bonnie Scotland

Willie M
20th November 2003, 04:43 PM
That one really hurt me last night :blackeye:
I wasn't honestly expecting us to win (really needed a 2nd goal at Hampden on Saturday to have any real chance).

The time was always going to come when the Dutch would leave their egos in the dressing room for a change, sadly for Scotland it was last night.

We were, in all honesty, totally outclassed at every turn. Admittedly we gave away 2 goals through poor marking but for 85 of the 90 minutes we were simply chasing shadows. The Dutch were magnificent. On their form last night they would have troubled most teams in the World, let alone Scotland.

As Alan says, Portugal's cancelled... so let's start saving up for Germany 2006 :) Anyone fancy a MINI run to Munich???

Gismo
20th November 2003, 06:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M
As Alan says, Portugal's cancelled... so let's start saving up for Germany 2006 :) Anyone fancy a MINI run to Munich???
Who are we going to support :evil:

I will be going to Portugal in May for the annual golf holiday

Bonnie Scotland

knaone
20th November 2003, 06:37 PM
I think we should support a daft team, someone that will suffer the 3 defeats that we expect, saves disappointment? :D

minidriver#1
20th November 2003, 07:48 PM
England?

euan
20th November 2003, 08:18 PM
Well, I have to admit it really hurt last night. I watched the game in an Aberdeen supporters bar in London and it was RAMMED! Great atmosphere, but still, 6-0 is bad. We actually spoke at half time and reckoned it would be 6-0 on the way they were playing in the first half. They missed Dailly sweeping up the midfield, the centre backs were just shocking.

Almost as mad - Turkey go out to Latvia. I mean, possibly the easiest team, the team we would have wanted, coming back from 2-0 down in Turkey. So I say support the Latvians! 3 defeats for them is likely, possible upset team....

One things for sure, I won't be supporting the little general and his band of disfunctional misfits.

Burple
20th November 2003, 08:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan

One things for sure, I won't be supporting the little general and his band of disfunctional misfits.

that'll be England then? ;)

Right... i think we should all support Ickle LATVIA!!
anyone who can beat Turkey at home must be worthy of our support! :D:D

What other ickle teams are still left?

Willie M
20th November 2003, 09:28 PM
The final 16 teams are:
Portugal (hosts) Bulgaria (winners Gr 8)
France (winners Gr 1) Italy (winners Gr 9)
Denmark (winners Gr 2) Switzerland (winners Gr 10)
Czech Republic (winners Gr 3) Croatia (play-offs)
Sweden (winners Gr 4) Russia (play-offs)
Germany (winners Gr 5) Spain (play-offs)
Greece (winners Gr 6) Latvia (play-offs)
England (winners Gr 7) Netherlands (play-offs)

Looks like Latvia are the only real potential diddy team left (besides our good neighbours ;)) so intuition dictates we should probably follow them. Go Latvia :cool:

Find out all about our newly adopted team at their official websitehttp://www.lff.lv/ ;):D

euan
20th November 2003, 09:38 PM
This may come in handy if you visit the official website

http://dictionary.site.lv/dictionary/

Now we just need some songs to sing...

After last night, there were a few favourites from the pub. One involved Edgar Davids glasses and his rectum, another was along the lines of
"he's bald, he's fat, he's going to get the sack, Advocat...."
but my personal favourite...To the tune of Hope and Glory
"We hate Lithunia, we hate Iceland to. We hate ******* Holland, but Scotland we love you"

knaone
20th November 2003, 09:40 PM
:DMon the Latvians..... Has a no bad ring to it

Anywhere in the UK sell Latvia tops???? :p:p:eek::D:D:D

Willie M
20th November 2003, 09:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by knaone

:DAnywhere in the UK sell Latvia tops???? :p:p:eek::D:D:D
Is that a challenge David? ;):D Give me time on it, I'll check with my sources :cool:

knaone
20th November 2003, 11:52 PM
Cool, see what you can come up with... i dont remember what their shirt looks like....

It will probably be something daft... the sponsors having their wee joke maybe :p:D

euan
21st November 2003, 12:13 AM
Latvia knowledge - only 100 professional footballers are eligible for Latvia.

Depressing fact that, as they are going and we aren't.

Songs from Southampton about Marian Pahars

Marian Pahars, Marian; Ohhhhh Marian!
Kum-ba-ya, my Lord
Most used chant for Marian

Knowing me, Knowing you - Pahars
Knowing me, knowing you

Um Pahars, Um Pahars, Um Pah-hars, Um, Pahars its Marian Pahars
Ump aha?

Marian, Marian taking on all men; Marian, Marian ten out of ten, Loved by the fans, nutmegged Jaap Stam; Marian, Marian, Marian
Robin Hood, Robin Hood
Quality lyrics, not sung though - YET

He comes from Latvia, He plays for Southampton, Marian, Marian

knaone
21st November 2003, 12:27 AM
I know i should ask it but i will anyway :D:p

euan... Why do you know so many Southampton songs??

euan
21st November 2003, 12:34 AM
I have a soft spot as Gordon Strachan is there. But some of those came from a Marian Pahars fan site. The knowing me, knowing you one is a classic :) Mind you, some of Gordon Strachans quotes are just fantastic. Most entertaining post match interviews usually involve him.

knaone
21st November 2003, 12:41 AM
Doh! Forgot he was there.... never mind... A guy i went to uni with follows him and a lot of the scots down south.... he used to go on eBay a lot and bid on weird autographs of them....

:D

Burple
21st November 2003, 01:26 AM
not the best picture in the world... but...
http://www.lff.lv/images/team.jpg
http://www.lff.lv/images/1069277973.jpg

'Mon the Latvians!!!! :D:D

DNV122
21st November 2003, 06:37 AM
got all set to watch @ home - bit nervous when the C5 sound went off, but everything was OK

joked to the wife "I think it'll be 6-0 to the dutch"

paaahhhhh

unfortunately i have to work with a lot of dutch people - what a laugh this morning

euan
21st November 2003, 06:37 PM
I have to work in an office full of English. They found it really amusing to take in a bag of oranges and keep offering them to me all day. So, as an act of revenge, I'm off to buy an Australia shirt, cork hat and a kangaroo for my desk :)

knaone
21st November 2003, 07:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by DNV122
joked to the wife "I think it'll be 6-0 to the dutch"

Thats fightin talk that is.... :p:p:blackeye:

I didnt watch the game... i didnt want to know... then my mum being funny shouted up it was 6 nil, didnt believe her... looked at the telly it was so i cursed a little and turned it off again!:D:D