PDA

View Full Version : tailpipe

ScottyC
2nd June 2006, 05:26 AM
hey guys, i think there was in ice age on the last time i posted on here but i could really use your opinions just now. my cooper got serviced a couple of days ago and the dealership pointed out that the silencer on my exhaust was rusting and they would replace it under warranty. so the job got done today and i had a look when i got home to find that the tailpipe definately isn't a cooper one but looks suspiciously like one from a one. the difference is obviously only cosmetic but compared to the fat one that comes on a cooper i think it looks quite naff and cheap. am i being daft and do you think i have the right to have a moan about it?

Neil and Lorna
2nd June 2006, 05:32 AM
If its spoiling the looks of the car then yes have moan.

Neil.:D

RS
2nd June 2006, 05:54 AM
ScottyC

On a linked, but slightly different topic, I've noticed that my silencer is a bit rusty, however the warranty has expired on my car. Is your car's warranty still valid or was the silencer replaced under a separate warranty for the exhaust?

Just wandering, if I could get away without having to pay for a new silencer!

N12 JLK
2nd June 2006, 06:19 AM
Get it changed back to the cooper one.

jayex
2nd June 2006, 06:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

Get it changed back to the cooper one.

Dito - especialy if it was done under warrany ( afterall they are paying :p)

ScottyC
2nd June 2006, 07:24 AM
cheers guys, that was my thoughts. i can't really understand why they put the wrong one on it. the cars 2 and a half year old (53 reg)so it was replaced under its original warranty. i knew it was rusty but didn't think the exhaust would be covered

Crombers
2nd June 2006, 07:39 AM
Complain like fcuk , I would :approve:

Bignorm
2nd June 2006, 07:01 PM
i would complain were you charged for the tail pipe if so get the part number the one you are looking for is 18/10/1/489/602

The Dogfather
3rd June 2006, 01:25 AM
Squeaky wheel gets oiled!

Moan like mad!