PDA

View Full Version : CLASSIC BUMP

ianking
1st June 2006, 08:34 PM
As some of you may know my classic mini was bumped at the thistle run on Sunday. The chap that hit me has been very cooperative though and has accepted full responsibility, so that has sped things on a bit.
Yesterday a classic car assesor/valuation man from the other chaps insurance came out to look at the mini and has told me that he thinks its is worth at least £1500 more than I thought, so thats good. As a result of its now increased value they want me to get some quotes for the repair. They will then decide wether or not to make the car a loss and just pay me out (the now larger value) or get it repaired. If they declare it a loss they said I can just have the car as I had only insured it third party. I would just get it repaired my self anyway.
They have also dropped off a new Corsa to me for at least a week. Its pretty rubbish being a basic 3 cylinder 1.0 litre life model but I am going to use it for work to save putting miles on the new mini. (they dont know that the old mini is just a weekend car).
Anyway will let you all know what happens with the quotes and what happens next.

Neil and Lorna
1st June 2006, 09:25 PM
Sounds like good news.:D:D
Hope everything works out the way you want it.

Neil and Lorna.:D

Craig
1st June 2006, 09:46 PM
seems like it could be a good ending...

best of luck getting it sorted out :D

Bignorm
1st June 2006, 10:07 PM
hope everything goes well <hey craig were you in to see me yest mate>

Duncan Stewart
2nd June 2006, 12:30 AM
Sorry to hear about the bump. Hope it is all sorted OK

Crombers
2nd June 2006, 07:45 AM
All the best Ian :approve:

ianking
5th June 2006, 08:11 PM
Car is to be repaired. Got to book it in today and I have to keep the courtesy Corsa until it is back on the road

Craig
5th June 2006, 08:49 PM
cracking news Ian :approve::approve::approve:

glad you got it sorted... another one lives on.. :D

AndyP & Lenore
17th June 2006, 05:40 AM
Great news Ian, have you got your car back yet:question: