PDA

View Full Version : Speeding charge fought and won!

Burple
1st June 2006, 12:11 AM
For a Change.. (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=17151441&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=doc-wins-sign-fight--name_page.html)

So very occaisionally you can fight your case and win..
Hmmm..

The Dogfather
1st June 2006, 12:14 AM
In case anyone missed it, they have a good article on PACE if you ever get done speeding in England.

www.pepipoo.com

Craig
1st June 2006, 01:05 AM
I argued a case for a friend of mine who got done in a temp 30 zone. It was a 40 zone, but due to roadworks, they had reduced the speed limit.

what they had done was spray-paint the signs, but you could still read the 40 mph behind them. They then proceeded to turn the signs round so you couldn't see them. In the end, all the people who were caught were let off as they could contest that the signage was not correct. (they are supposed to cover them up completely or remove them - plus put up visible temp signs..)

Sweeney
1st June 2006, 02:45 AM
There is an awful lot you can "get out of" by questioning the legality of markings etc, ive seen a couple clips on tv from programmes which went through line markins, signs, etc... Most of the marking and signage is contracted out which 9/10 times results in jobs being done incorrectly. Therefore you can dodge parking fines, tickets etc.

Duncan Stewart
2nd June 2006, 12:17 AM
Seen them spraying grey paint over speed limits in roadworks quite frequently now. I thought it was the "new" (cheap!) way of doing things.