PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Indy
30th May 2006, 09:22 PM
Hi there

Having just spent the last week driving round the beautiful roads of Scotland around Braemar in a Fiesta, I decided that I need to be organising a trip up with my MINI and others from our Doncaster club, maybe stopping in a cottage for a week.:D

Thought it would be a good idea to join this forum so I can quiz you all on the best places to stop and roads to drive.:)

So here I am

Indy alias Chris:D

MartinSullivan
30th May 2006, 09:41 PM
Hi Indy , im sure you will get plenty of help planning your trip from people on here. Good luck with it and maybe some of us will even meet up with you.

X30YES
30th May 2006, 10:14 PM
Welcome to NMS ,check our meets and social section ,maybe you can plan your tip with one of our runs over the next few months

Burple
30th May 2006, 10:20 PM
Welcome aboard... like the adoptded guffy says ;)

If you can get it organised, this daft lot will be along with some great ideas...
My favourite roads up that way HAVE to be the stretches between Creiff / Crianlarich up through Glencoe (best. scenery. ever. :cool::D) and up to Fort William, And all the roads round Loch Ness (not the touristy ones- as much fun as they are - the quieter wee roads on the other side of the Loch!)
I'm sure if you let us know when you have it planned, at least some of us will tag along to say hi! :cool:

Check out our calendar for some of our runs too, you might be able to fit your plans in round one of them :D:D:cool:

The Dogfather
30th May 2006, 10:40 PM
The road from Blairgowrie to Braemar is pretty special. Craigd is organising a run around Argyl and Bute which takes in some fantastic scenery, you could do the first part of that then continue on up along the west coast.

Try www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk for some more ideas...

Indy
31st May 2006, 01:17 AM
Should of said planning this for next year probably around this time of year. Thanks for all the road tips some of them I have already travelled and must agree the Glencoe route is the most fantastic one I have ever been on the scenery takes your breath away every time:cool:

Crombers
31st May 2006, 01:40 AM
Welcome to NMSland :approve:

Duncan Stewart
31st May 2006, 06:20 AM
:D Welcome :D

s1mon
31st May 2006, 06:35 AM
Really depends on how long you've got and how far you want to go. The roads right up north towards Ullapool are superb and the scenery over there is fantastic.
If you're going that far, you'd definitely want to take in the road to Applecross:
http://www.snh.org.uk/images/scottish/whighland/slideshowStills/Applecross-2.jpg

and make a stop at Achmelvich bay if it's nice weather:
http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/lochinver/achmelvich/images/achmelvichx-450.jpg

Indy
1st June 2006, 09:41 PM
Cheers for that looks good:D

Gonna try and get a cottage for a week so we should have plenty of time.:)

gill
7th June 2006, 04:22 AM
Hello and welcome ... yes, come to Scotland again but IN THE MINI !!!:D:D:D

Indy
26th August 2006, 06:22 AM
After seeing your run in Modern MINI we have a few more people interested from DMR.:D

So we are looking into doing that run in June.

gill
26th August 2006, 06:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by Indy

After seeing your run in Modern MINI we have a few more people interested from DMR.:D

What's DMR stand for???

stoney
26th August 2006, 07:37 AM
post ur web site i will go on i take it u have a indi blue ? me 2 i have the 200 bhp jcw pack fitted and going for the mth re map :)

X30YES
26th August 2006, 08:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by gill

quote:Originally posted by Indy

What's DMR stand for???
DoncasterMiniRegister as a guess?

Indy
26th August 2006, 08:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by stone

post ur web site i will go on i take it u have a indi blue ? me 2 i have the 200 bhp jcw pack fitted and going for the mth re map :)

www.doncasterminiregister.co.uk

we are the featured club in Modernmini

My first MINI was Indi I now have a Bep cooper called Xtina, there is a pic in this months mag in the Minifest report.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/Indiblue/Christina/Carsinthepark20062.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/Indiblue/Christina/Xtina.jpg

james f
26th August 2006, 09:31 AM
alright matey :)

Indy
26th August 2006, 11:04 PM
Hi there:)

gill
27th August 2006, 12:44 AM
Love the motor .... roof looks superb!!!!!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool:

And thanks for enlightening the thicko who didn't twig the club name!;)

Indy
27th August 2006, 04:51 AM
Thanks I really love my roof.:D and I dont think your thick.:)