PDA

View Full Version : Sad time!!

Brian_Cooper_S
27th May 2006, 05:06 AM
The time has come for me to sell me loving little MCS. At the moment with me working away, it is just not getting used.

It is a '03 MCS, D/Silver with black roof, mirrors etc. Chilli pack, JCW front sport seats, 6 disc multi changer, front driving lamps, £700 worth of extra security.

The car has done 22,000 miles with fMINIsh, remaining TLC & manufacturers warrenty.

I know this is General Discussion, I will add it to the for sale section with detailed pics.

The price of these cars are very different to each other, any ball park figures anyone?

AndyP & Lenore
27th May 2006, 05:41 AM
Thats a shame Brian.:(

Not sure about a price I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you out.

Brian_Cooper_S
27th May 2006, 05:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Yeah, I do love the car but.......

Already have my next car in my sights as/when the time comes (or atleast I have narrowed it down slightly).

AndyP & Lenore
27th May 2006, 06:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by Brian_Cooper_S

quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Yeah, I do love the car but.......

Already have my next car in my sights as/when the time comes (or atleast I have narrowed it down slightly).

What kind of car then:question:

Brian_Cooper_S
27th May 2006, 06:15 AM
I'm really swaying towards the Honda Integra Type R DC5.

Did think about a Clio Trophy, Lotus Elise and the ITR but for loads of reasons for, the ITR came out top!!

Won't be buying another for a few months so will prob change my mind....again!

AndyP & Lenore
27th May 2006, 06:34 AM
Do Honda still make the Integra Type R? Canny find it on their web site.:question::question:

Brian_Cooper_S
27th May 2006, 06:40 AM
Have a look here Andy, very detailed indeed: www.itr-dc5.co.uk

AndyP & Lenore
27th May 2006, 06:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by Brian_Cooper_S

Have a look here Andy, very detailed indeed: www.itr-dc5.co.uk

Ahh. Import job.

Nice looking car. I bet it can shift too.:D:D

Gismo
27th May 2006, 02:21 PM
You're looking to sell the car to get......another car, is it that you don't like the Mini :evil: will you're new car get used any more ;)

Craig
27th May 2006, 04:08 PM
Brian, as a ball park, I would say around the £12k mark. I regularly see 03 MCS cars for sale around that figure...

it's that old story, it's worth as much as someone is prepared to pay you, however I did find out recently that the second hand values are not as strong as they used to be...:disapprove:

The Dogfather
27th May 2006, 04:17 PM
You'll be looking at as much a £6k-£7k to change to a Integra, if not more.

X30YES
27th May 2006, 09:56 PM
Aw man, a Minis not just for Christmas its for life !!...why have another car not getting used as well ?

Brian_Cooper_S
28th May 2006, 04:28 AM
Cheers guys!

I did say as and when the time comes. I'm due to move from my current job around December/January time so I ''should'' be carless until then. I Just feel sorry for the poor wee thing, it's tucked up in a garage most of it's life these days!

craigd - Cheers. Thats what I would like to get for it. Luckily, I'm in the position that I don't really need to sell so I don't need to accept the daft prices the dealers have offered!

Gismo
28th May 2006, 02:10 PM
Brian,
I'm in the same situation as you, i've just started a 28/28 overseas rotation and my Cooper will be parked in the garage for 6 months of the year, whilst that's fine and helps keep the miles and running costs down it's a waste of a decent motor and my money :evil:
So, i can't make my mind up what to do either :p:I

Brian_Cooper_S
29th May 2006, 06:49 AM
I'm set on what I'm doing as like you the MINI would be un used 5-6months of the year.

Going to another dealer tomorrow to see what they say then remove the seats, sell them then sell the car. I want the seats to go to a good guy, not a dealer!!

....and the MINI of course, love that little car!

Gismo
29th May 2006, 01:50 PM
You should try Big Col for the seats, not so sure he's a good guy though :blackeye:;):p:D

Big Col
29th May 2006, 03:33 PM
HEEEYYYY! :(

Are the seats heated Brian?

Gismo
29th May 2006, 04:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Aw the big guy needs his bum warmed in the frosty mornings :p

Big Col
29th May 2006, 04:09 PM
Damn tootin I do! I aint got as much fat on it to keep it warm as you do! :)

Gismo
29th May 2006, 04:22 PM
Damn tootin I do! I aint got as much fat on it to keep it warm as you do! :)
Maybe so, but you got at least 6 inches extra length :I that more than makes up for it :D

The Dogfather
29th May 2006, 05:32 PM
Soft southerners ;)

Brian_Cooper_S
29th May 2006, 09:05 PM
HEEEYYYY! :(

No they are not heated, sorry!

Big Col
29th May 2006, 09:28 PM
Oh well. :(

The Dogfather
29th May 2006, 09:32 PM
Oh well. :(

Get some thermals ya big nancy

Big Col
29th May 2006, 10:31 PM
Listen to splutter boy! Boy's got chuff all wrong with him, is on the pat and mick for nowt and calls ME a nancy?!?!

The Dogfather
29th May 2006, 10:43 PM
Col your so right, I've been telling my doctor there's nowt wrong with me :evil: well apart from the dizzy spells, pain and vomiting over the past 6 weeks ;)

And yet I've still got to go back for my 9th blood test. Still mustn't grumble.......

:D

Big Col
29th May 2006, 10:46 PM
Sounds like you're pregnant to me mate.

Crombers
29th May 2006, 10:51 PM
with twins !!

The Dogfather
29th May 2006, 11:05 PM
It'd explain the belly!