PDA

View Full Version : aaaarrrgggh

soopercooper
27th May 2006, 02:34 AM
after having my mini in at fairbairns in giffnock,for 3days because they misdiagnosed my problem,of a knocking noise and replaced a steering column wich totalled 354.00quid ,i piked up the car and they said today its a strut top mount which costs 15quid.and they have driven the car over a screw.what do i do

Sweeney
27th May 2006, 02:51 AM
first of all, don't pull the screw out!

Do they know that they've driven over it?
If so, i would imagine they'd try to waggle their way out of the liability but you'd need to check their terms and conditions.

AndyP & Lenore
27th May 2006, 04:01 AM
I think I'd be telling them to put my old steering rack back in and refund my money.

As Sweeney say's don't pull the screw out. Take it back to them, and show them the screw in the tyre. The trouble is, it's your word against theirs that the screw wasn't there before you took it in. Could be tricky to prove.

But I would say my biggest issue would be with the fact they misdiagnosed the faulty knocking and the subsequent cost to you. I'd be wanting my money back.:mad:

Craig
27th May 2006, 04:31 AM
agreed, don't let them away with it.... yes mistakes happen, but the customer should never be out of pocket for their mistake...:disapprove:

fight hard........ :D:D

Crombers
27th May 2006, 05:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

agreed, don't let them away with it.... yes mistakes happen, but the customer should never be out of pocket for their mistake...:disapprove:

fight hard........ :D:D

What he says :approve:

X30YES
31st May 2006, 09:13 PM
Yip , no need to pay for the steering rack and or a refund is in order ,its not your fault that the Tech made an (_!_) of diagnosing the original problem is it ,and therefore why should you be out of pocket for HIS error of judgment .Can you prove they ran over a screw ,if so its a new tyre as well I would say ...be firm polite ,keep the heed and ask for the manager ...explain it to him and let him sort it from there ...been there ,done it ,got the T shirt etc ...and been well looked after for my troubles etc ...also you are not only out of pocket , its also time , effort and anything else you can get away with !!!