PDA

View Full Version : Tayside Speed camera claims..

Burple
26th May 2006, 06:30 PM
Very Interesting Reading (http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2006/05/26/newsstory8378159t0.asp)

Especially the A92 Dundee-Arbroath road part where they've used data from 2000-02! Since that time the old raod has ceased to exist, there's now a new Dual Carriageway. ANd it's not in the least dangerous.

quote:
“Tayside Safety Camera Partnership has already seen a significant reduction in the number of offenders detected at our camera sites and we are confident that motorists are taking note of our message to slow down and that this will ultimately contribute toward achieving casualty reduction targets.”

Are they REALLY that naive?
Get the message - no.
See the camera, jump on the brakes, then speed up again after it - yes.

:disapprove::mad:

The Dogfather
26th May 2006, 07:40 PM
Actually the best method is to speed up, just make sure you've got either Big C or Crombers numberplate on the back of your car :eek:

duncan
26th May 2006, 09:08 PM
They're after the retina sensitive people now :- Linky (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/5019572.stm)

Big Col
29th May 2006, 03:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Are they REALLY that naive?
Get the message - no.
See the camera, jump on the brakes, then speed up again after it - yes.
:disapprove::mad:

Oh yeah good one numb nuts!!! They obviously read this site as they've just put up averaging speed cameras on the Perth to Dundee road! :mad:

Neil and Lorna
29th May 2006, 04:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Oh yeah good one numb nuts!!! They obviously read this site as they've just put up averaging speed cameras on the Perth to Dundee road! :mad:

Thats one road in Scotland that needs them. Even with the improvements.

Neil

The Dogfather
29th May 2006, 05:38 PM
Do what I do, take the Perth to Forfar road misses out any traffic (and cameras) in Dundee :D The back roads are pretty fast and its a more direct route.

Burple
29th May 2006, 05:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Neil

quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Thats one road in Scotland that needs them. Even with the improvements.

Neil

It was in the paper down here the same day :p:p
MORE roadworks....:disapprove::disapprove::disapprove:: disapprove:

Burple
29th May 2006, 05:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Do what I do, take the Perth to Forfar road misses out any traffic (and cameras) in Dundee :D The back roads are pretty fast and its a more direct route.

I'll agree with that!
That's a fun road (I take it you mean the one that goes through Scone and Coupar Angus?) :cool::cool:

Dunno the Coupar angus to Forfar bit, always turn off At CA :D

The Dogfather
29th May 2006, 06:08 PM
That's the one.

But, as I'm further north than Aberdeen I also sometimes take the Perth-Braemar-Strathdon route to Turriff. That way I miss out all of Dundee and Aberdeen, not to mention the roads are fantastic.

Crombers
29th May 2006, 09:19 PM

Actually the best method is to speed up, just make sure you've got either Big C or Crombers numberplate on the back of your car :eek:

No danger fella my number is VB15GAY

:p;):D

The Dogfather
29th May 2006, 09:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

No danger fella my number is VB15GAY

:p;):D

Nice :D