PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust upgrade?

K18ARY
23rd May 2006, 08:42 PM
I knew it.....there was me thinking I would just stick a set of wheels on and that would be me done with the modifying! No chance!

I met Heather yesterday in her Mini, when she pulled away her car sounded amazing! I want mine to sound like that now!

What's recommended and where can I get one from!? It's only a mini one so I believe the JCW sound kit is out of the question?!

T6 KFR
23rd May 2006, 08:46 PM
Alot of us have a Playmini exhaust. They are best ones I believe (yes i have one!!! ha ha)

John on this site helped develop / design these exhaust i believe he once told me..so if they are designed just for the mini and no other car , that cant be bad.

Some thought must have went into it:)

K18ARY
23rd May 2006, 08:57 PM
ooooooh! looks good, how do they sound tho?

How much should I expect to pay and will it effect my TLC warranty?

The Dogfather
23rd May 2006, 08:58 PM
Play MINI is a good choice. My MINI Cooper had a customised S exhaust which only had the one box (one ball), sounded good without being too loud. Managed to pick an S exhaust for free and the fitting and modification came to only £100.

sleepyrascal
23rd May 2006, 09:07 PM
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7749

I have a playmini for sale at a nice cheap price.

T6 KFR
23rd May 2006, 09:08 PM
quote:K18ARY Posted - 23 May 2006 : 12:57:34
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ooooooh! looks good, how do they sound tho?

How much should I expect to pay and will it effect my TLC warranty?

Think it retails with delivery at about £180.00, check the website (i ordered from minisport if i remember right)

http://www.minisport.com/new-mini-shop/products/power-engineering/exhausts/one-cooper/play-mini-rear-silencer-75mm-slash-one-product.html

http://www.minisport.com/new-mini-shop/products/power-engineering/exhausts/one-cooper/play-mini-front-pipe-product.html

two links for what i bought...you need front section too, as the standard mini exhaust is one long piece where as the playmini comes in two separte parts

Kev

K18ARY
23rd May 2006, 09:09 PM
Very interested but will it effect my warranty?!

GAJ
23rd May 2006, 09:26 PM
I got a Playmini last year from CraigD - £100 in perfect nick.:D It sounds fantastic, especially coupled with a K&N induction kit, better than the JCW kit IMHO.;) I had my car in for servicing and warranty work with the exhaust on without any problems.

Craig
23rd May 2006, 10:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

I got a Playmini last year from CraigD - £100 in perfect nick.:D It sounds fantastic, especially coupled with a K&N induction kit, better than the JCW kit IMHO.;) I had my car in for servicing and warranty work with the exhaust on without any problems.

of course it was in perfect nick.... :approve:

I can't disagree about the sound.... :disapprove:

Hadi
24th May 2006, 12:59 AM
I have a sports exhaust on my cooper, but aint got a clue what it is, the car had a full body kit etc on it when i got it, along with induction kit and strut brace

X30YES
25th May 2006, 09:41 PM
Exhaust and induction kit will be less than a JCW sound kit , but I think it is for the cooper ...
01903 784784 or info@johncooper.co.uk.
warrranty ...keep the original stuff , swap it back if you have any serious troubles!!!

Crombers
26th May 2006, 08:07 AM
Playmini back box & a K&N panel filter is the best £ for £ option imho :approve:

I mean just ask those who have spent £££ on em BMW noise boxes :p;):D

Craig
26th May 2006, 03:33 PM
leave Crombers, just leave it.... :evil:;):D:approve:

Burple
26th May 2006, 05:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Playmini back box & a K&N panel filter is the best £ for £ option imho :approve:

Playmini! It's the way to go! :p:D:D:D
Get yourself on a run.. I'm sure somebody will give you a demonstration! :D

GAJ
26th May 2006, 05:56 PM

No! It's gotta be the K57i for that induction growl if you are looking for a good sound. The panel filter may or may not be more efficient than the BMW paper filter but it doesn't make any difference to the noise.

The Dogfather
26th May 2006, 06:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

No! It's gotta be the K57i for that induction growl if you are looking for a good sound. The panel filter may or may not be more efficient than the BMW paper filter but it doesn't make any difference to the noise.

It does if you drill holes in the airbox (make sure you get the right side of the filter though). John had this on his MINI. Anyone who's got a panel filter and wants to try this I might still have the airbox off my old MINI knocking about.

Scottie
26th May 2006, 06:17 PM

I would spend the ££ on the proper BMW stuff.

T6 KFR
26th May 2006, 08:45 PM
similar thoughts to this JCW's cooper pack as i have to the new MCS GP.

Waste of money..all you are buying is the "offical kit".

Im running a playmini with K&N Typhoon kit...hundreds cheaper than the JCS kit and until i hear it for myself...sounds better too.

I always think stick to aftermarket performance parts, if you buy BMW / MINI all your paying for is their stamp