PDA

View Full Version : Run flat pressures.

K18ARY
21st May 2006, 02:29 AM
Hi all,

Just put on my new wheels (17" cooper s') that I bought from Robin, they look brilliant and I am well chuffed. Cheers again Robin!

They are a touch flat so I need to pump the up a bit. What pressure should i be going for? At the moment the run flat warning light is also on. I am putting this down to fairly flat tyres, is this normal or should I pay a visit to my local Kwik Fit to be on the safe side?

Barry

Mini Me
21st May 2006, 02:30 AM
if you changed the size of rim, you will need to reset it, cos the wheels are now travelling at a different speed,so it thinks is got a puncture.:D8)

Sweeney
21st May 2006, 02:45 AM
the tyre pressues are on a chart on drivers door side, open drivers door and look, for me if its no more than 2 passengers etc its 2.1 bar (30.5psi).

After letting out or putting air in you must also reset the rfi.

X30YES
21st May 2006, 03:18 AM
Barry , have a read through this thread (http://www.mini2.com/forum/maintenance-mini-care/2060-check-your-tyre-pressures.html) and see if it helps ;)

Gismo
21st May 2006, 03:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime
if you changed the size of rim, you will need to reset it, cos the wheels are now travelling at a different speed,so it thinks is got a puncture.:D8)
I disagree with this slightly, surely the sensor kicks in when it detects a noticeable difference in revolution from each wheel :question:
So, by simply changing the wheels and tyres for a different size of rim shouldn't alter the overall circumference as the low profile tyre should account for that :p
Or, am i missing the point ;)
When i changed my 17's on the S for 18's i didn't have to reset the the tyre indicator :approve:

duncan
21st May 2006, 03:57 AM
As it doesn't pick up a gradual drop in pressure in all tyres at the same rate, then I concur with BS

Mini Me
21st May 2006, 04:01 AM
concur do you......well let me tell you both alittle something !!!!!!!

you could be right:p, we always reset them because,we were told to for that reason.......

Gismo
21st May 2006, 04:08 AM
you could be right:p
:approve:

Mini Me
21st May 2006, 04:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

eye, look i dinnae work there anyway...[v]

Crombers
21st May 2006, 04:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

BS like that quote , could you tell :p;):D

K18ARY
21st May 2006, 09:17 AM
hahaha

Thanks everyone for the info and the links. Set the tyres to the recommended and reset the run flat indicator. All seems to be well!

Barry