PDA

View Full Version : Help me keep my baby clean please?!?!?

Mini Bubble
20th May 2006, 09:11 PM
Hi All,

Picked up my wee BEP Conv on thursday there, and she is dirty all ready, I need some recommendations as to what I should be using to keep her gleaming! Any suggested products for washing the soft top? And what sort of shampoo should I be using on the rest of the bodywork? Interior wise, what should I be using in here? And also is there any sort of protective polish/coating I can have done to the paintwork as I dont know if she has had anything like that done? Any help will be gratefully received!!

Thank you,
Emz x

Sweeney
20th May 2006, 10:13 PM
I'm certainly not an expert on the subject. (correct me if im wrong about anything wul :p)

I would suggest using autoglym/meguiars products (although sometimes it just comes down to personal preference), they seem to keep me and a few others gleaming on here (although ive never used anything for a soft top so wouldn't know which to use for that).

As for the paintwork you can have a protective clear material put in place over the front etc, if you don't want that you could use polishes and waxes from aglym & meg to clean, preserve and protect the paintwork, vinyl's, rubber, plastics etc, most of it requires a good bit of elbow grease though ;)

if you have a browse through the ask wul topics theres many methods and product suggestions for different applications, ie. cloth/leather, metal, plastics and rubbers etc

Wul
22nd May 2006, 06:04 AM
Hey there Emz! Glad to see you've got the clean mini bug - how far do you want to go with your regime? ie 1hour every week or so or the whole kit and kaboodle?

As for the rag top - email scottiecoop or Weefossy to see what they used on theirs or try some of the links in the sticky topice in this forum.

Me personally - I like the meguiars range of products - Autoglym are good too, as are the less well know brands like sonus, P21S, Natty's and Klasse to name a few.

Not really much help eh!? give us some clues to help you along - other than that the two musts are NEVER use an automatic carwash and invest in a lambswool wash mitt :)

The Dogfather
22nd May 2006, 07:44 AM
To Wuls comments I would add never use a jet wash with a brush and be careful not to allow the any hose to run across the paintwork when your cleaning. They can pick up grit and scratch the paint, my MX5 has a couple of nasty scratches from a previous owner :(