PDA

View Full Version : finally getting a mini!!!!!!!!!questions though

bigpoppa81
19th May 2006, 10:53 PM
finally getting my mini!- a few questions

ive just ordered my mini, its a 2002 mini one in red with black mirrors and a black roof, im so happy i keep doing a little wee when i think about it!

just got a couple of questions:

1. like i said its got the black roof so is there a roof kit out there where i can cover the whole kit with a union jack and you cant see the black?

2.also its a salt pack- whats that mean?

3.and its a 2002 and has 60k miles on it, is that ok?

4.the indicators on the side- can you get a whole light and grill part or are they seperate.

5.is the cooper suspension much lower? its just the one looks a little high so i was thinking about getting a set of cooper springs- will that change the ride height?

6. i want to get the white stripes on the bonnet and ive seen them cheap on ebay, a easy job? and is it best to get them from there or some direct from mini (and pay the extra £30?!) could someone put up a pic of theirs so i know how to put them on?

7. i want to get it chipped- anyone know where?

sorry for the all the questions, i just need to know

thanks a lot

The Dogfather
19th May 2006, 11:04 PM
1. They do a silver union jack for the black roof. www.miniroof.co.uk
Lots of other options as well :D
http://www.miniroof.co.uk/Jack-Black_large.jpg
2. Its a set of extras - somebody else will be able to tell you what was in it
3. Check to if its had a timing belt, I think they're due around this time. It maybe worth getting the extended TLC service pack for £300 if not.
4. They come as a kit together but you can just get clear lenses
5. About 20mm lower, I think.
7. MTH - Martin Sullivan is the man to ask should up the power to roughly 120bhp, maybe more with super unleaded fuel

duncan
19th May 2006, 11:30 PM
6. White Stripes with the black roof? Not too sure if they go too well together. You might be better going for black bonnet stripes. As for putting them on, can't comment.

Burple
19th May 2006, 11:52 PM
quote: im so happy i keep doing a little wee when i think about it!

It sounds like you'll fit in here just fine!! :D:D:D

as for the questions, pretty much what VB says :cool:

1) The black roof would definitely suit the silver UJ better, but use your imagination. pretty much any design you want could be cut in vinyl by a decent signwriting place! :cool:
2) Salt pack - you get Front fog lights, Interior lights pack, Velour floor mats, storage compartment pack, and passenger seat height adjustment.. I think that's it..
4) the indicators come as a pack from MINI, or you can buy them separately. there's loads of different ones on places like Ebay too.
6) cheap stripes from Ebay will probably *be* cheap ones. The quality of the vinyl might be a bit on the thin side, but I might be wrong.

Welcome aboard!! :D:D

bigpoppa81
20th May 2006, 01:11 AM
im just wondering would it matter what colour it was if i went for a colourful union jack one cos wouldnt it cover all the roof so you couldnt see the black underneith?

gill
20th May 2006, 04:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by bigpoppa81

im just wondering would it matter what colour it was if i went for a colourful union jack one cos wouldnt it cover all the roof so you couldnt see the black underneith?

Hello and welcome to the site. The standard Union Jack would not fully wrap your roof, although you could go independent and they would do it for you. Check out our pic of our saltire on a full blue roof. Done by an independent, cause you need a white roof otherwise! :D

AndyP & Lenore
20th May 2006, 08:20 AM
Welcome to NMS.:D

bigpoppa81
20th May 2006, 04:25 PM
just found out its got a red roof- does that make any difference with recards to what looks good and what doesnt?

Gismo
20th May 2006, 04:45 PM
Hmm, vipers would look good, but, the colour is a personal choice, black may be ok but you might want to be different with silver :cool:

john
20th May 2006, 05:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

3. Check to if its had a timing belt, I think they're due around this time. It maybe worth getting the extended TLC service pack for £300 if not.

Interesting,:D

More research Paul;)

The Dogfather
20th May 2006, 06:23 PM
Oops, the timing belt is actually a chain :I

I must have been fed some duff info ;), however according to the ex-BMW sales monkey there's a couple of big services needed after 50k so the £300 TLC might be a worthwhile investment.

I think I might have been told the duff info at JCs Aberdeen, figures.......

N12 JLK
20th May 2006, 11:39 PM
hello hope you enjoy your new car.;)

Crombers
20th May 2006, 11:57 PM
Welcome to NMSland :approve:

Duncan Stewart
21st May 2006, 05:58 AM
:D Welcome :D