PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Questions...Sorry if asked before.

garywatt
18th May 2006, 07:26 PM
Hi all

Couple of questions if anyone is willing to answer:

1. Touch up paint. Purchase anywhere online? (cannot find)
2. The best black plastic bumper shine/conditioner available?

Cheers

Gary
Aberdeen

Burple
18th May 2006, 07:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by garywatt

Hi all

Couple of questions if anyone is willing to answer:

1. Touch up paint. Purchase anywhere online? (cannot find)
2. The best black plastic bumper shine/conditioner available?

Cheers

Gary
Aberdeen

1) sorry, dunno really...
2) (Opens can of worms) The Mini branded one is supposed to be pretty damn good, but personally I love the Meguiars trim detailer (and all things Meguiars are popular round these parts :D)... I'm sure the Buffmeister will be along soon to counsel.. :D:D

ianking
18th May 2006, 08:44 PM
Auto glym bumper care gel stuff is good also. Comes out as like a green gel and costs about £5. Lasts for ages as well and you hardly have to use any.

garywatt
18th May 2006, 09:22 PM
Hi all

Thanks for the responses so far.

I have the AutoGlym stuff but was not too keen on it. I might go onto the Meguiars website and have a look at their stuff.

Cheers

Gary

Gismo
18th May 2006, 09:37 PM
Ah go on then, peanut butter, the smooth kind ;)

KenL
18th May 2006, 11:55 PM
It is a total pain keeping the plastic on a MINI looking good.

I think the Autoglym stuff is OK but you need to use a very small amount and make sure you rub it in well.

AndyP & Lenore
19th May 2006, 12:35 AM
1. Never bought one online. Got ours from our dealer.
2. Our arches are colour coded. So no problem for us. But I have heard that smooth peanut butter is best.

Burple
19th May 2006, 12:49 AM
Yip.. it sounds mental, but the 'Smooth Peanut butter' idea has been floating around several motoring forums for a couple of years. The only thing better for removing white streaks of polish from tyour black trim is pure peanut oil if you can get your hands on it:D

...hence the 'smooth' not 'crunchy' suggestions! :D:D

p.s.. remember to thoroughly wipe it off afterwards, or you'll be forever finding birds and random squirrels all over your shiny motor! :D:D:cool::cool::p:p

Sheilz
19th May 2006, 02:09 AM
I use carplan stuff. Its messy but trim looks like new afterwards. Meguir's stuff ok too for in between care.

garywatt
19th May 2006, 04:43 PM
Hi all

Thanks again.

I purchased some of the Meguiars plastic care stuff along with a brush for the wheels. Have to say that the 'Bullet' wheels are a lot easier to clean than the S spoke.

Peanut oil..........ah, I do quite a bit of chinese cooking and use this a bit. Unfortunately I ran out of the peanut oil a few weeks ago. Might need to order more :)

Cheers

Gary