PDA

View Full Version : Tyres

Mark R
18th May 2006, 03:41 AM
Got a nail in one of my tyres this morning, luckily it's just a slow puncture at the moment so just put more air in it for today. Anyway the question is where is the best place to buy another tyre from? I'm looking at just getting another 16" Goodyear run-flat. Lowest I've been quoted is £120 fitted, but I don't know if that's good or bad compared to other places in the Edinburgh area.

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 04:26 AM
never had to get a tyre myself, best thing i can suggest is have a look through yellow pages or something and give them all a call

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2006, 07:40 AM
Mark, try www.blackcircles.com (http://www.blackcircles.com)

They find the best price for your tyre, delivered or fitted, your choice. Although when we replaced our two pothole-wrecked front tyres a month ago, they were dearer than our dealer was. Go figure.:eek:

Mark R
18th May 2006, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the link, just so happens I found them earlier through a Google search and they are going to be cheaper than the £120 which the dealer quoted me so looks like I'll go with them.

Just incase anyone else wants to use them I pulled up a few of discount codes for 5% off. Just enter one when checking out. The codes are

CORPDISC1
1E419645
VOC1

Doesn't take a lot off the price but it's better than nothing. :)

X30YES
18th May 2006, 03:08 PM
try here ,as I dont know the size you req ,you can look around yourself .
http://www.mytyres.co.uk/start.html

Mark R
19th May 2006, 05:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

try here ,as I dont know the size you req ,you can look around yourself .
http://www.mytyres.co.uk/start.html

That's just mail order for the tyre right? I'm looking for fully fitted by someplace close by. Sooner rather than later now that half the local air pumps have broken down, it's making keeping them inflated a bit of a pain since I need to go out of the way to do so. Think I'll just have to get a pressure indicator so I can tell how much air I'm actually losing at the moment.

Wul
19th May 2006, 07:32 AM
Mark - try Hi-Q/McConnechy's in Sighthill Industrial Estate - they got me the best fitted price for the last tyres I bought - weren't RF's admittedly!

lightbody
21st May 2006, 10:41 PM
My MINI Dealer matched all Internet prices for fitted 16" goodyears. The same thing happened with my previous MINI and its 15" tyres. I'd rather go to them because they know how to jack it up without damaging it.

S7JGW
23rd May 2006, 01:45 AM
I had a slow puncture (a screw in it) and my local tyre fitter patched it for me.
Jim

Mark R
23rd May 2006, 05:22 AM
Had mine checked and was told it needed replaced so no such luck. Will be getting it done this week with any luck.

ianking
23rd May 2006, 08:25 PM
Mark try Ostles in Galashiels, they have the run flat fitting machines and are good and cheap as well as looking after your wheels. Or you could try Hays angle park garage in Penicuik. They do run flat as well. I had run flat 16' for the blue mini from Ostles and im sure they were about £90 each. I got a run flat from Hays in Penicuik for my 1 series and they were very reasonable as well.