PDA

View Full Version : JCWS

X30YES
18th May 2006, 12:26 AM
To clarify the situation regarding commercial posting on New Mini Scotland.

The site is a non-profit making organisation, kept going by donations from members and a couple of commercial sponsors. NMS has enjoyed a very successful relationship with Menzies of Stirling. This has been the result of a lot of hard work on the part of myself and the MINI sales team there.

Unfortunately the rules on commercial posting have been breached by the representative of Parks offering their services on the forum. It undermines the current arrangement NMS has with Menzies.

Added a few bits :p
http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/1447/medium/DSCF0217_Medium_.JPG
http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/1447/medium/DSCF0218_Medium_.JPG
http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/1447/medium/DSCF0219_Medium_.JPG
http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/1447/medium/DSCF0221_Medium_.JPG
http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/1447/medium/DSCF0222_Medium_.JPG

kyleminiman
18th May 2006, 12:32 AM
Didnt take you long to get your pics up angus!!!

X30YES
18th May 2006, 12:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by kyleminiman

Ah the new young pretender from Parks of Hamilton has arrived ,oot goes Broonie and in POPS Kylie ;)Kyle ,pop into the 'Introduce Yourself 'and say Hello .....this will be good :D:D:D:D

Scottie
18th May 2006, 12:38 AM
Angus where did you get that handbrake from Menzies told me the JCW ones are not out yet.???

X30YES
18th May 2006, 12:39 AM

Quicker than you got them fitted KylieKyle:eek:

X30YES
18th May 2006, 12:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Angus where did you get that handbrake from Menzies told me the JCW ones are not out yet.???
JCW call and ask for Julia !! or mail her jools@johncooper.co.uk she will send you the full works info part No's prices etc (pdf) ..ps same price as the gear knob !!:eek:

Bignorm
18th May 2006, 12:46 AM
its not a jcw handbrake cause they are still not available hopefully not to long tho

kyleminiman
18th May 2006, 12:49 AM
Broonie?? Will do Angus. and Not Kylie!

X30YES
18th May 2006, 12:52 AM

Minime = Broonie ..Mingers errr Menzies...well ex Menzies as of this week:p :D

AeroJonny
18th May 2006, 12:53 AM
kyleminiman doesn't have quite the same ring to it as minime, it's a bit of a mouthful and doesn't exactly roll off the tongue! ;)

Let's give the poor guy some suggestions!!! :D ;)

X30YES
18th May 2006, 12:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by roaster21

its not a jcw handbrake cause they are still not available hopefully not to long tho
Oh it is ....:pask Kyle he got them fitted :approve:

Scottie
18th May 2006, 12:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

JCW call and ask for Julia !! or mail her jools@johncooper.co.uk she will send you the full works info part No's prices etc (pdf) ..ps same price as the gear knob !!:eek:

h'mm so how did you get them. :question: JCW will not send out to you. If not available for one dealer then it will not be for the rest. So how did you get them.:question: Tell me I WANT TO KNOW.:p;):blackeye:

X30YES
18th May 2006, 12:59 AM
Yes they do Fi ..I just called asked her to send the pdf excel file ,email'd her back , she called me ..ordered , job done , next day delivery as well all in a nice JCW box as well!! ebay here we come ;)..like me to fwd it ? ( the file that is ):D
her Tel: +44(0)1903 774498

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2006, 01:12 AM
Looks very nice Angus.:D

Fiona,

Good luck with getting your handbrake.

ScottishcooperS
18th May 2006, 01:21 AM
Lovely car!

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 01:23 AM
norman, have you been telling porkies to me and fi?! ;)

and hello kyle!

angus i thought you already had the jcw exhausts (as they come with the kit?)
how you finding the gear knob's shape to the standard im still undecided whether to get it or not...

X30YES
18th May 2006, 01:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Looks very nice Angus.:D

Fiona,

Good luck with getting your handbrake.
TY , I have the handbreak fitted , had to go and check again after all the stuff above ...well Kyle said it was fitted ,if its not he's getting a:blackeye::blackeye::D:D:D

The Dogfather
18th May 2006, 01:30 AM
Hey Angus, I never knew you had the works kit fitted, you must be the fastest pensioner in Scotland :eek::blackeye:;)

X30YES
18th May 2006, 01:30 AM
Its a bit different as you would expect ,dare I say it but my other knob was better to grip etc :p,and to be honest would be better for changing gears etc ...time will tell .Yes exhaust was done last time with the kit , just never had any pics that's all

X30YES
18th May 2006, 01:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Hey Angus, I never knew you had the works kit fitted, you must be the fastest pensioner in Scotland :eek::blackeye:;)
Yes, just had it done after 1000 miles run in then decided to go JCW , oh and another pay cheque in the bank as well helped :D , young Kyle sorted me out a great deal as well on the Works kit ...and the Body kit as well :eek:..cant really say on here ,but its was a massive discount HUGE even ,..'the boy done good';)
He will go far I'm sure ..where ,who knows tho :p

Craig
18th May 2006, 02:03 AM
well done angus - looking great :approve::approve:

Scottie
18th May 2006, 03:57 AM

Its a bit different as you would expect ,dare I say it but my other knob was better to grip etc :p,and to be honest would be better for changing gears etc ...time will tell .Yes exhaust was done last time with the kit , just never had any pics that's all

Well I would say that the JCW knob improves the gear change and that's me coming from a whalen knob:eek: but you see I have a short shift fitted and I don't know if you noticed Angus (maybe not if you not got your glasses on);) but the knob has a slight wee angle to it and makes for a great grip around the knob.:)

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2006, 04:07 AM

Well I would say that the JCW knob improves the gear change and that's me coming from a whalen knob:eek: but you see I have a short shift fitted and I don't know if you noticed Angus (maybe not if you not got your glasses on);) but the knob has a slight wee angle to it and makes for a great grip around the knob.:)

Want so much to post a real smutty reply to this thread. Must resist! Must resist!!!!http://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/bustingup.gif

Scottie
18th May 2006, 04:10 AM

Want so much to post a real smutty reply to this thread. Must resist! Must resist!!!!http://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/bustingup.gif

go on;):p

X30YES
18th May 2006, 04:17 AM

my hand keeps slipping of the end of my knob..... on the gear stick that is ...I'll just take a wee big of time gettine used to a knew knob Fi :eek:;)

X30YES
18th May 2006, 04:19 AM

Go on ya Chicken :D:eek: steady teddy:p

Scottie
18th May 2006, 04:21 AM

my hand keeps slipping of the end of my knob..... on the gear stick that is ...I'll just take a wee big of time gettine used to a knew knob Fi :eek:;)

well stop using vaseline then :eek:;):p

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2006, 04:23 AM

well stop using vaseline then :eek:;):p

AAAGGGHHHHHHH GGGRRRRRRR GGAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAAAGGGHHHH HHHHMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm Lips sealed!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:eek:;)

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 04:25 AM
beginning to get out of hand!

or in angus' case it already has!
haha ;)

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2006, 04:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

haha ;)

PMSL. Ha ha ha!! :D:D:D:D

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 04:30 AM
quote:
AAAGGGHHHHHHH GGGRRRRRRR GGAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAAAGGGHHHH HHHHMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm Lips sealed!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:eek:;)

quicker you get it out the better.

aww nooo another dodgy comment! arg :p

Bignorm
18th May 2006, 04:58 AM
hey sweeney not been telling porkies honest i can take a pic of the bmw system to show you and fi what it says mate

X30YES
18th May 2006, 04:59 AM

haha ;)
Why do you think its made like that ? so yir hawn dont slip aff the end ;)/when one slips up a gear or two that is ;):D

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 05:03 AM
any chance you can try *work a way round it* tomorrow norman? can't be having angus getting special treatment and not me or fiona! :p

Mini Me
18th May 2006, 05:03 AM

The problem we have here is that john cooper garages usualy supply parts between 3-4 months before BMW, as we can't start supplying until there is enough stock for world wide distribution :eek::blackeye::evil:;) hence the reason it IS a JCW part, just not available from your dealer yet.
This was the case with all the JCW parts, sound kit etc.....

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 05:05 AM
well what if i ordered it from jcw direct then? (do they even allow that?)

Mini Me
18th May 2006, 05:08 AM

yeah, of course they do mate ;)

Roaster,keep the side up man :eek::evil:

sheesh, you leave for 2 days and parks are on yer heels.....:D

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 05:11 AM
its not a matter of changing sides! i just want the parts asap :p

X30YES
18th May 2006, 05:11 AM

Yip next day delivery as well ..small items !!

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 05:12 AM
hmm, norman any chance we can do that then? credit back the part cost on your end to me and ill buy one from jcw, fit it when i bring car up for the rest of it all?

Mini Me
18th May 2006, 05:14 AM

its not a matter of changing sides! i just want the parts asap :p

Here,just offering impartial advice, i don't work there anymore,but thought i would explain why Norman could supply from BMW :)

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 05:17 AM
yeah i know theres systems to be followed and guidelines etc, but better with a happy customer than an unhappy one :p plus if i get it from jcw its not as if you're (;) menzies) losing out to another dealer

X30YES
18th May 2006, 05:20 AM
Now Lee Ryan sometimes its better to take a step back and look at the overall picture :p...before jumping in :D:D

Mini Me
18th May 2006, 05:20 AM
Norman......come on son !!!!!!
get on here and defend all that is Menzies:p:D;)

man, Roaster is MORE than able to fix this icle problem out:):D

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 05:21 AM
i agree; sometimes it is. However if im gonna have to wait weeks for a part i can get in a matter of days i'd rather get it sooner than later ;)

blame angus for starting all this :D

X30YES
18th May 2006, 05:24 AM
Sure 100% correct , call JWC in the am , parts be here for Friday .

Mini Me
18th May 2006, 05:25 AM

i agree; sometimes it is. However if im gonna have to wait weeks for a part i can get in a matter of days i'd rather get it sooner than later ;)

easy fix mate :I;)

X30YES
18th May 2006, 05:25 AM
BYW 1=1 at the footie :D

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 05:26 AM
ill give norman a chance first... phone me tomorrow norman when you manage to figure how to get this part, if you can't credit me money or anything like that im sure we can come to some sort of arrangement :p

quote:
easy fix mate :I;)

'tis indeed, why take the long road when theres a shortcut ;)

X30YES
18th May 2006, 05:28 AM
Money , MONEY.:eek:... you paid up FRONT :clown:;)...must have been a deal going on :question:

X30YES
18th May 2006, 05:29 AM
Now 2-1 Barca

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 05:30 AM
saying nothing :p although you seem to manage to haggle just fine from what you've told me, makes me jealous :(

X30YES
18th May 2006, 05:31 AM
will tell you more later :p:D

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 05:32 AM
im sure you will, gloating git :p

X30YES
18th May 2006, 05:34 AM
Clue ........Round things with rubber ;)

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 05:37 AM
at least someones getting good prices out of them :evil:

Scottie
18th May 2006, 05:37 AM
luckly I've got most of the JCW bits I want including the alcantara boot trim and handbrake trim;);) just the handbrake grip required. So I'll phone JCW garages tomorrow and get one sent up.

Thanks for the info Angus.

X30YES
18th May 2006, 05:43 AM
YW Fi ......now who needs a dealer eh !!

Bignorm
18th May 2006, 05:58 AM
hey sweeney i will try my best mate not in the mora had a death in the family so it will be friday but i will get it sorted mate honest

Scottie
18th May 2006, 06:09 AM

YW Fi ......now who needs a dealer eh !!

got it Angus ta always send to the .com address.:D

X30YES
18th May 2006, 02:40 PM
http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/1447/medium/DSCF0224_Medium_.JPG
Here you go ...JCW Handbreak cover /grip ...cant see what all the fuss is about really

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 03:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by roaster21

hey sweeney i will try my best mate not in the mora had a death in the family so it will be friday but i will get it sorted mate honest

sorry to hear, :(

don't panic though, just see what you can do :dead:

kyleminiman
18th May 2006, 05:25 PM
Ryan, still wanna see your mini when its done. Whens its happenin??

Scottie
18th May 2006, 06:45 PM

Job done order placed today oh and Angus because of that dam spreadsheet you sent me managed to spend a fair few £££ some stuff I didnae even know existed;):cool:

X30YES
18th May 2006, 07:39 PM
Job done order placed today oh and Angus because of that dam spreadsheet you sent me managed to spend a fair few £££ some stuff I didnae even know existed:eek:...........never :D:D:D
Its a good list eh :question:;)

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 09:11 PM

Ryan, still wanna see your mini when its done. Whens its happenin??

next few weeks i think, ill let you know when its done,

kyle & norman can you price up a jcw spoiler for me, thinking of getting one.

X30YES
18th May 2006, 09:23 PM
JCW446 51 71 0 406 291 JCW Carbon Rear Spoiler - Black (requires JCW449 - Adhesive) £293.62 £345.00
JCW447 51 71 0 406 292 JCW Carbon Rear Spoiler - Aspen White (requires JCW449 - Adhesive) £293.62 £345.00
JCW448 51 71 0 406 293 JCW Carbon Rear Spoiler - Dark Silver (requires JCW449 - Adhesive) £293.62 £345.00

JCW449 83 19 0 406 974 Adhesive Set (Glue) for JCW Carbon Spoiler £25.49 £29.95
;)

kyleminiman
18th May 2006, 09:24 PM
Angus you are good!!!

kyleminiman
18th May 2006, 09:24 PM
Angus you are good!!!

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2006, 09:29 PM
At least he doesn't repeat himself.;)

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2006, 09:29 PM
At least he doesn't repeat himself.;)

kyleminiman
18th May 2006, 09:31 PM
Takes one to know one!

CooperTrooper
18th May 2006, 09:50 PM
Kyle!

Its andy, met you yesterday? bought a cooper off you 2 years ago . . .

my TLC has run out, can you tell me the ins and outs of extending it?? cheers!

kyleminiman
18th May 2006, 09:57 PM
Hey Andy, that you done almost 50,000 miles??? £300 to extend it to 80,000 miles or 8 years! Lemme know n i will get it sorted for ya!

CooperTrooper
18th May 2006, 10:06 PM
cheers kyle!

cars @ 46k now, and ive run out of vouchers! so much for 50k :evil:

if i extend it, how many more services am i likely to get for my dosh?

sorry for hijackin the thread!

kyleminiman
18th May 2006, 10:08 PM
+ £200 ish to fit spoiler!

kyleminiman
18th May 2006, 10:14 PM
2 services and a fluid change or inspection, somthing along those lines! good value tho. try get it done before 50,000 miles or even still trade it in for a brand spanking new MINI!!!!

Mini Me
18th May 2006, 10:57 PM

JCW446 51 71 0 406 291 JCW Carbon Rear Spoiler - Black (requires JCW449 - Adhesive) £293.62 £345.00
JCW447 51 71 0 406 292 JCW Carbon Rear Spoiler - Aspen White (requires JCW449 - Adhesive) £293.62 £345.00
JCW448 51 71 0 406 293 JCW Carbon Rear Spoiler - Dark Silver (requires JCW449 - Adhesive) £293.62 £345.00

;)

REMEMBER YOUR NMS DISCOUNT @ MENZIES

Bignorm
18th May 2006, 11:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime

;)

and of course the best service

kyleminiman
18th May 2006, 11:11 PM
Gimme a shout when u want it done Ryan and will see what i can do!!

X30YES
19th May 2006, 12:15 AM

;)

As you guys know :p...no such thing as a free lunch :D:D

AndyP & Lenore
19th May 2006, 12:17 AM

;)

As you guys know :p...no such thing as a free lunch :D:D

Not true.

Lenore made me lunch today. Didn't cost me a penny:D;)

X30YES
19th May 2006, 12:20 AM
Aye ,but , It cost you lots in the long run , hidden charges and all that eh :p:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
19th May 2006, 12:36 AM
Aye.

She's looking over my shoulder just now Angus, so I'll need to reply with a quipy remark later.:D:D:D

X30YES
19th May 2006, 12:48 AM
:eek:Ah thought as much ...nae bottle ...;):D:D:D:D

Sweeney
19th May 2006, 12:59 AM
angus i have that excel sheet i don't need you to tell me the prices :p

if i wanted jcw prices i'd buy it from them ;) email/phone me with costs kyle/norman too many nosy gits on 'ere :)

kyleminiman
19th May 2006, 01:05 AM
Ryan phone me, not got a note of your mob no handy

Sweeney
19th May 2006, 02:15 AM
i just did and you aren't in! skiving git, ill phone you again tomorrow night

GAJ
19th May 2006, 06:13 AM
Can I take this opportunity to remind people of the site rules regarding commercial advertising. If anyone is any doubt as to what is and is not allowed, feel free to contact me.

Mini Me
19th May 2006, 08:39 AM

[quote]As you guys know :p...no such thing as a free lunch :D:D

I find that remark offensive Angus over the last 2 years we have helped out dozens of NMS members(you all know who you are)with either discounted parts or even foc, where we could, so to make a comment like that is just spiteful :mad:
Which is service that i doubt you will find anywhere else !

Big Col
19th May 2006, 03:15 PM

email/phone me with costs kyle/norman too many nosy gits on 'ere :)

YEAH! Shame on all you people reading a thread on a public forum! You nosey barstewards!

X30YES
19th May 2006, 03:57 PM
No offence ment Ian :eek:, none at all ,and you will no doubt have helped 100's of people out in one way or another :approve:.I'm sorry if you have taken 'The Joke' in the wrong way ,it was an off the cuff comment thats all, and thought YOU for one would have taken it that way :eek:,again sorry to touch on your sensitive side ya big lump ;)

X30YES
19th May 2006, 04:10 PM
Anyway this thread was about my new bits and bobs fitted to my car :p
http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/1447/medium/DSCF0221_Small_.JPG
:D:D:D

Mini Me
19th May 2006, 04:26 PM

sorry to touch on your sensitive side ya big lump ;)

sorry Angus, twas late and i read it in the wrong context:eek:;)

ps,sensative side is ma best :D:I

X30YES
19th May 2006, 04:33 PM
aye right !!

Big Col
19th May 2006, 05:00 PM
Aren't they just bog standard 'S litres with a sticker on 'em Angus?

X30YES
19th May 2006, 05:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Aren't they just bog standard 'S litres with a sticker on 'em Angus?
No Col proper ctr's from JCW the wheels are standard S yes

Big Col
19th May 2006, 05:12 PM
That's a sticker!!! You're at it! ;)

X30YES
19th May 2006, 05:23 PM
That's a sticker!!! You're at it! ;)

< resits the temptation to throw all sorts of remarks ;):D:D
part no is JCW 844 (36 13 6 771 465 )JCW Hub Cap R105 Wheel :p:p

Big Col
19th May 2006, 05:42 PM
I'm no saying that there is no such thing as centre caps and I've no doubt that is the part number for the centre caps. I'm just saying that what you've got is stickers! There's no need to be embarassed about it mate! ;)

Smitty
19th May 2006, 05:53 PM
Very nice angus!

That'll be where the spots and brackets I wanted went then:p:D

Looking good though!:cool:

kyleminiman
19th May 2006, 06:32 PM
They are centre caps!! Seen them on Wed!!!

Bignorm
19th May 2006, 07:04 PM
yeah they are centre caps ask fi sold her 2 sets

Sweeney
19th May 2006, 09:09 PM
quote:

YEAH! Shame on all you people reading a thread on a public forum! You nosey barstewards!

aye!

Wul
19th May 2006, 09:13 PM
Hey - has anyone else noticed Kyle and Norman post immediately after each other all the time - anyone seen them both at the same time? :p;) Which one is moonlighting for another Dealer with 2 NMS logins!! :D

CooperTrooper
19th May 2006, 09:26 PM
theres a 4ft discrepancy in height tho' :eek::D

Bignorm
19th May 2006, 09:46 PM
HEY SWEENEY dont worry got a set aside for you hey kyle you only 2ft5

Sweeney
20th May 2006, 01:06 AM
set of what? wheel caps?

(oi don't be mean to kyle; its angus' influence thats got him here :p anything he does wrong blame angus for it haha)

Bignorm
20th May 2006, 05:50 PM
hey sweeney yeah wheel caps jcw

Sweeney
20th May 2006, 08:38 PM
ah, cool :cool:

X30YES
20th May 2006, 09:39 PM

I'm no saying that there is no such thing as centre caps and I've no doubt that is the part number for the centre caps. I'm just saying that what you've got is stickers! There's no need to be embarassed about it mate! ;)
Almost had a bite there :eek:...nearly :approve:ya big galoot :D:D....go have a look Sully has my car:eek: ....lets hope the Clutch is still ok when I get it back :D:D:D