PDA

View Full Version : For sale on Ebay...

Smurf
17th May 2006, 04:29 AM
eBay Auction (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/51-PLATE-CHILI-RED-COOPER-S-WORKS-MINI_W0QQitemZ4640324879QQcategoryZ38708QQtcZphoto QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

This just made me howl with laughter!
:D:D:D:D:D

Sweeney
17th May 2006, 04:36 AM
what a pillock! nothing more to say about the seller!

duncan
17th May 2006, 04:38 AM
Just puzzles me.

51 Plate S without a bonnet scoop????
The S didnt come out till the 02 plate!

170 BHP by chipping it????
Didnt think the non-supercharged engine could go that high, well, not without the clutch gearbox dieing anyway.

How not just cut the waffle and say its a tarted up One?

Sweeney
17th May 2006, 04:39 AM
it's either a con, or this guy has been conned himself and still believes what he was told ;)

AndyP & Lenore
17th May 2006, 04:47 AM
:eek::eek::eek:

All I can say is I hope some poor soul doesn't get conned by that sh!t.

Sweeney
17th May 2006, 04:48 AM
isn't there someway to report it as a scam/false information?

X30YES
17th May 2006, 04:51 AM
holy smuckin folk :p.......almost read all of that kaka :eek:
HOW LONG IS THAT :eek:

sleepyrascal
17th May 2006, 04:58 AM
What a bellend!!

Smitty
17th May 2006, 05:09 AM
If you read carefully, he states it is a Mini One, so technically hes doing nothing wrong!

Although, he does claim he can sell it to you, tuned up to 170HP, without supercharger....yeh right! Thats not happening, plus, clutch on a Mini can only handle around 150BHP, so that would need to be upgraded aswell!

So sort of a con, but then again not!

The Dogfather
17th May 2006, 06:15 AM
I love to meet the guy who can get 170bhp out of a MINI One engine, he must be a real expert. Imagine he must be able to get at least 300bhp out of a real cooper s and 400bhp out of a works.

:p

The Dogfather
17th May 2006, 06:19 AM
BTW has anyone else noticed that the guy has posted up his bank account details.

Gismo
17th May 2006, 04:58 PM
I've sent him a lengthy e-mail asking exactly how he intends to tune the car to Works S spec (210 BHP) and what parts he is gonna change and what tools he will use to make the scoop in the Bonnet etc etc etc.
I also asked him why he posted his bank account details :p
If i get a reply i'll post it up :)

Burple
17th May 2006, 05:52 PM
Ummm, wot? :D

So, he's found the CAPS LOCK button and figured out how to centre text. :D

I'd ove to know how he's gonna get over 170bhp without the supercharger! ;):D:D

Tool! :D

Gismo
18th May 2006, 04:31 AM
The guys answer to my questions:-

The bhp on a mini cooper s works is 170bhp. This is posted on the bmw mini website itself (look if in doubt!!)
Why is it that you believe the gearbox would explode? Ok, it is a hell of a lot more power than the components are used to, and if a boy racer where to buy this car and rack it everyday than its fair to say the poor little car probably wouldn't last another 10,000 miles but saying the gearbox would explode is a little extreme if you know how to treat a car. The engine is the same as the engine in the cooper s works, there are a lot of differences in terms of the way that it works obviously, but thats just what the ecu is telling it to do. Yes a supercharger could be implemented, and there are quite a few things to take into consideration when taking a vehicle to its maximum capabilities, but i have made drastic modifications to cars like these before and never had a gearbox blow up on me.
Would you like me to tell you how it can be done because you are interested or just because you think you are a know it all who could teach a girl like me a thing or two about cars?
The answer to your question is yes, this is a serious auction.

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 04:33 AM
haha what a tool, not worth the time is he?

Scottie
18th May 2006, 04:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

The guys answer to my questions:-

The bhp on a mini cooper s works is 170bhp. This is posted on the bmw mini website itself (look if in doubt!!)
Why is it that you believe the gearbox would explode? Ok, it is a hell of a lot more power than the components are used to, and if a boy racer where to buy this car and rack it everyday than its fair to say the poor little car probably wouldn't last another 10,000 miles but saying the gearbox would explode is a little extreme if you know how to treat a car. The engine is the same as the engine in the cooper s works, there are a lot of differences in terms of the way that it works obviously, but thats just what the ecu is telling it to do. Yes a supercharger could be implemented, and there are quite a few things to take into consideration when taking a vehicle to its maximum capabilities, but i have made drastic modifications to cars like these before and never had a gearbox blow up on me.
Would you like me to tell you how it can be done because you are interested or just because you think you are a know it all who could teach a girl like me a thing or two about cars?
The answer to your question is yes, this is a serious auction.

:eek: A girl aswell hope you going to respond BS.:)

The Dogfather
18th May 2006, 04:53 AM
Somebody should place an bid subject to a dyno reading ;)

Gismo
18th May 2006, 05:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
:eek: A girl aswell hope you going to respond BS.:)

My Reply:-

Firstly, a Cooper S Works is 210 BHP, a standard Cooper S is 170 BHP, both versions require a super charger as standard and in fact in the Works version it is uprated by coating the fins on the charger itslef.
I guarantee the gear box will explode with the power delivery it will be subjected to in a very short period of time.
Yes the engines are almost the same, but, for the Cooper S and the Works S the engine is modified by upgrading certain engine parts, can you tell me which ones?
The supercharger is not a bolt on upgrade for the S model, it is standard equipment, couple that with the scooped bonnet that allows the air to enter through the charger.
Add to that the S versions have a 6 speed gear box and ALL the other models have 5 should tell you something.
I'm not trying to say you're a girl but i am suggesting you're misleading the general public by saying you can convert a MINI One engine into an S by the means you've stated in your advert, but, you can prove me wrong

Sweeney
18th May 2006, 05:29 AM
diesel has a 6 speed by the way :p, you'll drive yourself mad by trying to talk some sense into this guy though :dead:

monkimagic
18th May 2006, 06:01 AM
I got bored

Burple
18th May 2006, 07:13 AM
Their bank details are still there too! :eek:

I hope that account's empty! (or it soon will be!):blackeye::eek:

The Dogfather
18th May 2006, 07:30 AM
Can't believe she's paying £135 per month on insurance and she thinks that's cheap!!!!

Big Col
18th May 2006, 03:33 PM
You should also send her this link BS. :)

http://www.mini.co.uk/UK/html/model_range/john_cooper_works/tuning.html

Gismo
18th May 2006, 04:20 PM
Final response :approve::-

Your right, I didn't intentionally write those things on there to mislead people.

Maybe i should post something on the auction, the only thing is i hope this doenst put people off altogether. Thanks for the advice, i can see how i may be promoting the car as something its not.