PDA

View Full Version : mini body shell

cooots
16th May 2006, 06:57 PM
Help, i am trying to find a new mini body, i dont want one with a working engine or gear box and it can have some damage to it but i want one on the cheap.. sma project :D if i find one you guys will love whats coming.. think much torque small car.

ive tried ebay and autotrader, any thoughts on where else to try??

thanks for your help in advance

Smitty
16th May 2006, 08:20 PM
Tried Scrap Yards?

Could pick up ones with minimal damage there perhaps!

ianking
16th May 2006, 08:44 PM
Try hills auto breakers down south. Last time I was on their web site they had several flood damage minis for breaking.

MartinSullivan
16th May 2006, 09:34 PM
Hills Auto Salvage (http://vehicles.hills-motors.com/alt_list_breakers2.php?make=bmw&model=MINI)

cooots
17th May 2006, 12:06 AM
Thanks for your help, i will go have a looky at the site...

cooots
17th May 2006, 12:18 AM
just had a look, they wont sell the whole car, because of the insurance cat they have to break them into individual parts, what a frickin waste, the flood damaged ones just need a good dry out !!! lol

eddie 44
18th May 2006, 02:18 AM
there s a yellow cooper been sitting at auto breakers @ inverkeithing for over 6 months...still looks like most parts are there.

Hadi
19th May 2006, 06:05 AM
wonder how much and how much hassle it would be to get a cooper s engine and gearbox, and fit into my cooper ?

MartinSullivan
19th May 2006, 04:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hadi

wonder how much and how much hassle it would be to get a cooper s engine and gearbox, and fit into my cooper ?

There was a guy offering a "kit" on ebay to do that - he would even fit it for you. Doesnt seem to have one on just now.

Kosta
21st May 2006, 06:43 AM
If you still want a bodyshell, pm me. I might have something for you.