PDA

View Full Version : pissed off

soopercooper
16th May 2006, 01:24 AM
had car into harry fairbairns in glasgow,2 get a strange knocking noise diagnosed,they diagnosed it as a steering column t be replaced so i booked it in got it repalced,and when i piked it and drove away rhe same knocking noise was still there as if nothing had been done,so its rebooked in on thursaday and friday to get to the end of this issue,gas anyone else had this knocking noisefrom the drivers side which sounds like a suspension knock.im annoyed

The Dogfather
16th May 2006, 02:28 AM
Had something similar on my A2, only happened when you hit a bump on one side. They replaced the whole suspension mounts but the noise carried on. They eventually tracked it down to a broken anti-roll bar linkage.

Given that the steering column is a known fault could be that they just assumed the noise was that.

soopercooper
16th May 2006, 02:46 AM
thats wat iv been thinkin,i just find the service is really bad,even worse wen my company has juast taken over fairbairns,they treat you like you are daft

choc
16th May 2006, 05:35 AM
i had the knocking noise on my mini 2 ,it was worst when the car was cold ,just had a steering column and coupling under warranty and the noise has now gone

Marco77
16th May 2006, 06:21 AM
Yeah my sis in law had this on her mini too took it to fairbairns at giffnock to they changed the the steering column when she got her car back there was a gowge out of the silver circle on the steering wheel they eventually replaced it. I also had trouble with them regarding my glovebox which opened on a whim they replaced it with a nice locking glovebox only to get home i noticed that they didnt replace the little air valve in the glovebox for chilling the drinks. Took it back to them and they said they have never heard of such a thing i tried to explain it but they didnt get it they kept telling me that it was for the ipod wire to go through but i digged my heels in and suprise they ordered up a new valve dont like them at all very up themselves

AeroJonny
16th May 2006, 07:38 PM
Henry bros are normally pretty good...at least they dont plead ignorance!

soopercooper
17th May 2006, 05:39 PM
they seem to think in fairbairns,they are best garage in the world,but they cnt even repair a mini,so instead assume that one thing needs repaired wich didnt,oh well thats my rant for the day

Marco77
17th May 2006, 06:17 PM
I had a problem last week were my window had a mind of its own and on the move was moving up and down the small increment when you would open a door all the way home and when it was doing this i couldnt lock the doors and the interior light stayed on. So i stopped in at Fairbairns to have it checked the guy came out and said yeah can you leave it with us i ask how long they would have it he said a day or 2 but i needed my car and didnt want to leave it, so told him id arrange another day. So on approach to Bothwell i thought i would pop into Douglas Park and they couldnt be more helpful they ask if i wanted to leave it again i asked how long the guy said if the parts in stock it would be ready for 5 half 5 if not tomorrow morning bearing in mind this was 2 o'clock in the afternoon so i left it and low and behold i got a call at 5 to say the car was ready.

Iknow where im going in future

ScottishCooper
19th May 2006, 07:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Marco77

I had a problem last week were my window had a mind of its own and on the move was moving up and down the small increment when you would open a door all the way home and when it was doing this i couldnt lock the doors and the interior light stayed on. So i stopped in at Fairbairns to have it checked the guy came out and said yeah can you leave it with us i ask how long they would have it he said a day or 2 but i needed my car and didnt want to leave it, so told him id arrange another day. So on approach to Bothwell i thought i would pop into Douglas Park and they couldnt be more helpful they ask if i wanted to leave it again i asked how long the guy said if the parts in stock it would be ready for 5 half 5 if not tomorrow morning bearing in mind this was 2 o'clock in the afternoon so i left it and low and behold i got a call at 5 to say the car was ready.

Iknow where im going in future

Yeah, bought my coop from Douglas Park and have always went to them for servicing etc, VERY good service.