PDA

View Full Version : Different Leather Seats

ianking
15th May 2006, 10:33 PM
Can anyone tell me the difference with the 2 styles of leather seats I have seen. They are both the dark grey/black style but one type is smooth finish whilst the other has almost like a golf ball style effect on them, kind of little spots.
I was wondering if the spot style was an older pre facelift version as I cant see anything in the current mini brochures about them.
I have been offered a set of the spot style seats if I wish to upgrade from my own half leather style.

The Dogfather
15th May 2006, 10:36 PM
Ones the Cooper the other Cooper S leather seats

ianking
15th May 2006, 10:38 PM
Is the smooth style the S type and the spot the Cooper. I was told from the seller that his spot style was removed from a 2003 cooper S

The Dogfather
15th May 2006, 10:49 PM
Smooth is the S, I think. The spots were the Cooper seats Sleepy had a set of these in his 51 plate cooper I think.

Can't be sure but sounds like the sellers is talking porkies.

sleepyrascal
15th May 2006, 11:20 PM
Yes. I can confirm that my 51 plate Cooper came with the 'golf ball' effect seats.

However, the golf ball effect is most likely an option with the S. The golf ball seats seem to wear less.

The Dogfather
16th May 2006, 12:37 AM
Sleepy, I don't think the golf ball was an option on the S.

I seem to remember that the S got the more expensive smooth leather. The harder wearing patternised leather <not sure if thats the correct term> is actually a cheaper leather as the pattern helps cover up any imperfections in the leather.

having said all that I could be talking complete cack, it wouldn't be the first time

Wul
16th May 2006, 03:55 AM
or wait till fiona puts JCW ones in her parklane!! :p