PDA

View Full Version : Accident Management

Scottie
15th May 2006, 02:39 AM
Noticed when I picked up my Parklane that Calterdon are doing their own Accident Management Scheme so I take it Mini don't do one anymore ??? trouble is I was not paying attention when they were explaining why they do there own one now. Anyway seems good got my own wee credit card thingy and a sticker for the windscreen and they take care of everything for you and you get a like for like motor when it is getting fixed.

So can anyone tell me whats changed and why their doing their own scheme.??

markyc
15th May 2006, 05:20 AM
Maybe something that Calterdon are doing themselves Fi not heard that Mini have stopped their own one would be very surprised if they have :disapprove::dead: Maybe oor Clare can enlighten us :approve::D;)

Scottie
15th May 2006, 05:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

Maybe something that Calterdon are doing themselves Fi not heard that Mini have stopped their own one would be very surprised if they have :disapprove::dead: Maybe oor Clare can enlighten us :approve::D;)

you could be right but almost 100% sure he said mini were not doing it anymore

X30YES
15th May 2006, 05:36 AM
Parks offered me something like it Fi when I bought my car last month ,even tyre cover etc

Mini Me
15th May 2006, 06:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

MINI stopped it ages ago.....:eek::blackeye: dunno why....

Smurf
15th May 2006, 04:12 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Does that mean that those of us who thought we had it, don't have it any more???
And should really get some breakdown cover???

SHOCKING!

Mini Me
15th May 2006, 04:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Does that mean that those of us who thought we had it, don't have it any more???

SHOCKING!

NOOOOOOOOOO, I'ts accident managment they have stopped,not beakdown cover :I:D

Smurf
15th May 2006, 06:20 PM
I must be really thick.....
What's the difference?
If you break down they'll rescue you... if you have an accident you're on your own?

Scottie
15th May 2006, 06:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Parks offered me something like it Fi when I bought my car last month ,even tyre cover etc

Angus it wasn't offered it was free:D well they say free but daresay the price will be worked in some how.

Scottie
15th May 2006, 06:28 PM

What's the difference?
If you break down they'll rescue you... if you have an accident you're on your own?

Accident Management "peace of mind" incase of a accident :p well that's what they say.

I reckon they will still recover you if you had a bump but you would have to arrange it and tell them where to take the car etc etc.

The accident management one phone call they would arrange everything for you down to even dealing with your insurance OYB.

GAJ
15th May 2006, 06:35 PM

What's the difference?

Accident Management is having someone deal with all the fallout of having an accident: all the legal stuff including any compensation claims, car hire, dealing with insurers etc. It's completely different to breakdown cover.

Smurf
15th May 2006, 08:03 PM
Ahhhh! Thank you!

Mini Me
9th June 2006, 07:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Noticed when I picked up my Parklane that Calterdon are doing their own Accident Management Scheme so I take it Mini don't do one anymore ??? trouble is I was not paying attention when they were explaining why they do there own one now. Anyway seems good got my own wee credit card thingy and a sticker for the windscreen and they take care of everything for you and you get a like for like motor when it is getting fixed.

So can anyone tell me whats changed and why their doing their own scheme.??

MINI UK did stop the programe,the one you have which is approved by MINI is supplied by someone we know

What were the chances of that,eh;)

ianking
9th June 2006, 08:05 PM
Eastern are doing an accident management thing as well. They sent me a leaflet thing through the post saying the can give like for like courtesy cars on any model they sold.

Gismo
10th June 2006, 01:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by Only Me
SWIFT....;)

Is that a shameless plug or an illegal ad, hmm :eek:;)

Gismo
11th June 2006, 02:48 PM
No BS, simlpy answering Fe's question :p

I think you'll find it was ianking's post ;)

pocketrocket84
12th June 2006, 07:47 AM
when i got my cooper last week i was told accident management was still on the go, was i just being buttered up?:question:

SHOCKING!

NOOOOOOOOOO, I'ts accident managment they have stopped,not beakdown cover :I:D

Mini Me
18th July 2006, 05:32 PM
no,Fiona's:p