PDA

View Full Version : The Ring Run!!

Smitty
15th May 2006, 02:37 AM
NMS GT4 RING RUN

Seen this done on other forums with great sucess and some good rivarly and banter so why not try it on here, especially since there is talk of a NMS Ring Run, so what better way to learn the track!!

What You Need??

1 x PS2
1 x Copy of GT4
1 x Mini Copper S (Well you could pick a Mini One....but your not going to win!!:D)

The Rules:

1. Can be done in arcade or Gran Turismo Mode
2. Car can be tuned to maximum performance and set up they way you think is best.
3. Race must be done round the Nurburgring Nordschleife track (the big one:p)
4. Once you complete a fast time that your are happy with, end the session and take a picture or your fastest time as proof (no use just stating your fastest time.....cuz I know you lot will just lie;))

And thats about it! Any questions....ask! But its easy!

GOOD LUCK MY FELLOW MINI RACERS!:p

Smitty
15th May 2006, 02:40 AM
And the first time posted by myself is.....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/smitty_350z/14-05-06_1807.jpg

7 minutes and 49.273 seconds!

Thats in an Electric Blue Cooper S with 250BHP, fully tuned, but no nitrous! Save that for later;)

I lay the challenge to you guys.......Euan aka Mr low_n_loud.....time to put that steering wheel i sold you to good use!!:p;)

Sweeney
15th May 2006, 02:40 AM
theres talk of a nms nurburg run?! never saw that! not sure if wee brother has gt4 but ill raid his room later :P

that pic shows 160hp and 161 lb/ft

Smitty
15th May 2006, 02:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

theres talk of a nms nurburg run?! never saw that! not sure if wee brother has gt4 but ill raid his room later :P

that pic shows 160hp and 161 lb/ft

Yeh, its just talk so far, mentioned in a few posts i think! Take a lot of planning, and no one has taken the offer up just yet!

Yeh, says 160HP, thats the standard MCS horsepower on the game, although mine had 250:D

Sweeney
15th May 2006, 02:46 AM
ah right, i'd LOVE to do the nurburgring, it would seem to be an incredible trip, although isn't there major factors that come into play, such as insurance/safety?

Smitty
15th May 2006, 02:50 AM
Well you have no insurance as far as i am aware. Same as if you take your car to Crail or Knockhill, if you crash, your insurace companies wont pay out! So basically you take it on at your own risk, but i would do it for the experience, and wouldn't want to push to hard incase something did happen!

Sweeney
15th May 2006, 02:52 AM
need to get sh** loads of us to go, hijack the track nothing but minis going round for hours, although i'd like to be taken round in the m5 by that sabine lassie

Neil and Lorna
15th May 2006, 04:03 AM
As far as the NMS run to The Ring goes its still in the very very early stages of planning.

But due to some issues concerning safety it may not go ahead at all.

Neil.:(

Scottie
15th May 2006, 05:19 AM

need to get sh** loads of us to go, hijack the track nothing but minis going round for hours, although i'd like to be taken round in the m5 by that sabine lassie

We done the ring last year when we were over in a chipped V10 Touareg that we had at the time. Stayed at Koblenz.

Timed round with a Cayanne and a X5. We were not the fastest but not last. Had a great time.:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
15th May 2006, 05:46 AM
Crombers - isn't the Ring Run your dept.;);):D:D

Crombers
15th May 2006, 06:36 AM
Who me !! :I:clown::p;)

Smitty
15th May 2006, 07:07 AM
Now enough of this bitchin about who's organising it.....;):p:D

Back to the top and go play computer games!!:p;)

Burple
15th May 2006, 06:34 PM
quote:

I lay the challenge to you guys.......Euan aka Mr low_n_loud.....time to put that steering wheel i sold you to good use!!:p;)

Yeah.. I'd love to, but last week when I was setting up the wheel for a blast, the power cable popped out of the adapter at the Wheel end. And it's a 2-pin thing with no markings on it to tell you which way it's meant to go.. So I put it back together, and there waw a slight burning smell... and now I need a new wheel :(
Just as I was geting used to the damn thing and squirting an M3 round the 'ring*. :(:(
I suppose I can try to take it apart to see if I can sort it, but the frying smell is usually terminal :(

*which is kinda scary doing 156mph down the back straight!
:D:D:D:D:p:cool:

alanm73
16th May 2006, 05:17 AM
heres my time 8.29.

Now how do u post a pic here to prove it?

Smitty
16th May 2006, 05:19 AM
I'll take it you have a picture taken. If so upload it onto your computer!

Then host it on www.photobucket.com

Then insert it into the Forum, using [img] tags

Simple as that!!

X30YES
16th May 2006, 05:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Crombers - isn't the Ring Run your dept.;);):D:D
Class :eek:....and will not add to that one (_o_) :D:D:D , very tempted to tho :p

Crombers
16th May 2006, 08:03 AM
Steady tiger :p;):D

Burple
16th May 2006, 06:41 PM
quote:

Here.. I notice you cut out the part of the screen that tells you how many 'practice' :p;) runs you had :p:p:p:D

Sweeney
16th May 2006, 07:30 PM
ill put mine up soon, trying to borrow gt4 off a mate :P

Smitty
16th May 2006, 08:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

quote:

Here.. I notice you cut out the part of the screen that tells you how many 'practice' :p;) runs you had :p:p:p:D

Just a few!!:D

Reckon a did about 10, was a nice long study break!!:p

Bad news about the steering wheel......i didn't sell you anything dodgy, honest!!;);)

Fixable?

Burple
16th May 2006, 11:01 PM
quote:
Just a few!!:D

Reckon a did about 10, was a nice long study break!!:p

Bad news about the steering wheel......i didn't sell you anything dodgy, honest!!;);)

Fixable?

yeah, no worries :) Didn't have the right size of Allen key to get into it at the weekend, go a few more lying around tho.

I didn't even knew that part came apart till it did! lol
It was just a gamble when I put it back together, but it went the wrong way :(

N12 JLK
17th May 2006, 02:44 AM

Crombers - isn't the Ring your dept.;);):D:D

Sweeney
17th May 2006, 03:22 AM
Turns out my first attempts aren't worthy of boasting about :P

Standard spec cooper s, nothing changed 9mins 35 and 9mins 19... Guess i need to complete the bloody game before it lets me get all the tuning upgrades?

Scottie
17th May 2006, 04:03 AM
Some of you may have seen this before....but for those that haven't OR those that fancy taking a car round the Nurburgring this video of Sabine Schmidt might be a good starting point....commit all lines to memory (then attempt at half the speed).

Have been a big fan of Miss Schmidt for some time - especially since she showed Jezza how to drive on Top Gear. This video shows just how good her car control really is....like when she overcooks it a little, hangs the tail of the BM out before flicking it into the next bend very cool.

Enjoy: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4663069452162988713

Smitty
17th May 2006, 04:16 AM

Turns out my first attempts aren't worthy of boasting about :P

Standard spec cooper s, nothing changed 9mins 35 and 9mins 19... Guess i need to complete the bloody game before it lets me get all the tuning upgrades?

Thats probably not bad considering its no tuned!

Reckon it cost around 100,000 credits to fully tune it, so you only need to rack up that much to do so! I think there are cheats for money, have a browse on the net!

Sweeney
17th May 2006, 04:19 AM
bare in mind thats my first time playing the game :P
ill have a look for cheats but i don't like cheating... ;)

AndyP & Lenore
17th May 2006, 04:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Some of you may have seen this before....but for those that haven't OR those that fancy taking a car round the Nurburgring this video of Sabine Schmidt might be a good starting point....commit all lines to memory (then attempt at half the speed).

Have been a big fan of Miss Schmidt for some time - especially since she showed Jezza how to drive on Top Gear. This video shows just how good her car control really is....like when she overcooks it a little, hangs the tail of the BM out before flicking it into the next bend very cool.

Great video Fiona, she canny half drive.:D

L.

AndyP & Lenore
17th May 2006, 04:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

It helps that she's one hot lookin' babe too.:D:D

A.

X30YES
17th May 2006, 05:10 AM
Oh the days of fast women :p

markyc
18th May 2006, 06:46 AM

A.

:approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::appr ove::p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:I;)

Burple
18th May 2006, 07:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

A.

Oh boy... it's another Ulrika-ka-ka-ka-ka! :p:p;):D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2006, 08:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

quote:Originally posted by markyc

A.

Oh boy... it's another Ulrika-ka-ka-ka-ka! :p:p;):D:D:D

Aye, it's Sabina-na-na-na-na:p:p:p