PDA

View Full Version : I was silly yesterday........

Coop
15th May 2006, 12:54 AM
I had just driven Perth to St Andrews (amazing fun if you were wondering) and when stopping at Morrisons I decided to put ma car through the car wash seeing as it was a bit dirty. I usually wash it by hand but I wasn't at home and I wanted it looking all nice for ma mates party and all the folk that would ask about it.
You can see whats coming can't you?!
Massive noise in the wash and the car jolted - when I got out the spoiler has been ripped out the bootlid at one end. Totally gutting.
Moral of the story kids - NEVER TAKE A MCS THROUGH THE CAR WASH!!!!!!

Sweeney
15th May 2006, 01:10 AM
point taken, although i'd never take any car through one of those car washers never trusted them...

hope you manage to claim them for something though!

markyc
15th May 2006, 05:23 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::dead::dead:

Sorry to hear that has happened but these things are designed to cause maximum damage to your car :disapprove::disapprove: Get a claim in sharpish ;)

X30YES
15th May 2006, 05:40 AM
Oh dear who was a silly boy then , lets hope they dont have a wee notice saying your stuffed (or something like that )if it goes wrong etc etc when you wash your car here

AndyP & Lenore
15th May 2006, 05:45 AM
Sorry to hear that,:( hope you get it fixed soon.:D

Coop
15th May 2006, 06:34 AM
They do have a sign saying that the equipment is used at my own risk....don't come crying to us when it breaks your motor......tough luck - or something like that. I was so annoyed because I never use car washes for this very reason!!!

Anyways, no need for a claim, fixed it already for nothing!:D

Carefully tapped the metal back down as close to the original shape as possible, some touch up paint when it had chipped and hey presto we're all good. :D

Wul
16th May 2006, 04:00 AM
Eek - i'm not even gonna say a word on my opinion of car washes - best thing i saw happen to them was the topgear lads setting one on fire last week!!

Always remember kids tying washers and nuts to the brushes when I was at school! :eek:

tree73
17th May 2006, 04:00 AM
Good to hear your cars fixed, must've been a stomach churning moment. I'll shake my fist at Morrisons when I next go past. BTW do you drive down the Crieff Road regularly, think you passed me as i was coming out of Perth College last Wed about 8.30. Agree about the Perth/St.A's road.

The Dogfather
17th May 2006, 06:08 AM
That sign is worthless, if they are neglible because the car wash was faulty then they are liable for the damage. They put the sign up to scare off the less persistant.

I'd have asked to see the manager and threatened action through the small claims court.

AndyP & Lenore
17th May 2006, 06:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Always remember kids tying washers and nuts to the brushes when I was at school! :eek:

Something you want to get off yer chest, buffmeister?:D

Big Col
17th May 2006, 03:06 PM
I think Freud would make a connection between oor buffmeisters schoolboy actions and his current fetish for car cleaning! :D

AndyP & Lenore
17th May 2006, 04:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
I think Freud would make a connection between oor buffmeisters schoolboy actions and his current fetish for car cleaning! :D

LOL:D:D

Burple
17th May 2006, 06:21 PM
quote:

Always remember kids tying the washers on my nuts to the brushes when I was at school! :eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

What a disturbing childhood that must have been!

Explains a lot ;););):p:p