PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Insurance

knaone
16th November 2003, 05:35 AM
okay... its not MINI related... but i need a little help

I need to try and beat a quote of £403 for a X reg Corsa, i got that one from Quote me happy...

the list of shame is....

Churchill: (stupid mutt wants me to phone) GRRRRR
Directline £604
Morethan £569 (the scum, they used to be cheap)
Tesco... oh yes backed by Direct line but! £766!

The worst... fell off seat crying in pain quotes...

Halifax... £933
AA... £934?!?!?!?!

whats that company that phones them all up for you????

Help... Please :(:(:( i want cheap insurance...

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/knaone/corsa.jpg

The above is why :blackeye::eek::dead:

seany
16th November 2003, 05:45 AM
try liverpool victoria

knaone
16th November 2003, 06:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by seany

try liverpool victoria

:( oh my..... their quote and buy isnt on at the moment so i did the "quick quote" it said between 1000 and 1100 :dead::dead:

Jaysus!

its only a 1.0.... imagine if i had summit like an Evo!!!

seany
17th November 2003, 02:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by knaone

quote:Originally posted by seany

try liverpool victoria

:( oh my..... their quote and buy isnt on at the moment so i did the "quick quote" it said between 1000 and 1100 :dead::dead:

Jaysus!

its only a 1.0.... imagine if i had summit like an Evo!!!

i have a cooper s with mod of the work that take it up to 200bhp, £552.96 and that is good, phone them up

Duncan Stewart
17th November 2003, 03:02 AM
try the website www.confused.com - they get quotes from loads of insurance companies for you. I cut the cost of my insurance in half by using them.

GAJ
17th November 2003, 03:38 AM
Everyone's circumstances are different but Elephant were cheapest for me. Worth a try.

weefossy
17th November 2003, 03:57 AM
My 20 year old son is with NU for his Corsa at about the same price as you have been quoted. They were the cheapest we found.
They were even prepared to cover him for Sioban's "S".... for an extra £500....I think not!

macblob
17th November 2003, 04:08 AM
Im just with Mini cover but have been looking for new quotes this evening and found most of the big companies to be around the same price
Around £400 fully comp for my cooper.
However just filled out stuff on that confused.com site, so ill wait and see what that comes up with:D

knaone
17th November 2003, 04:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Everyone's circumstances are different but Elephant were cheapest for me. Worth a try.

Thanks for all your help folks, i settled for NU, seemed cheap enough. :D

GAJ, you checked your policy with Elephant.... Someone on Mini2 was saying how they will only insure your car as a standard car, and their deffinition of standard is base model not sure what extras you have on your car but check the thread and see if its applicable... (just incase if you know what i mean)

Burple
17th November 2003, 04:43 AM
you could always try Adrian flux too... they're more for modified vehicles but they've been the cheapest for me a couple of times...
or Admiral... same company as Elephant... but you can pay by instalments... ;)

GAJ
17th November 2003, 06:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by knaone

GAJ, you checked your policy with Elephant.... Someone on Mini2 was saying how they will only insure your car as a standard car, and their deffinition of standard is base model not sure what extras you have on your car but check the thread and see if its applicable... (just incase if you know what i mean)

Yes thanks for the warning. My insurers are aware of the spec of my car and I keep them informed of any mods;)

You don't want to give them any excuse not to pay out. Dodgy geezers, insurers:eek:

knaone
17th November 2003, 05:38 PM
Good to hear that GAJ :) didnt want anything to happen so thought it best to mention

KenL
17th November 2003, 05:51 PM
This is the thread Gaj - http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41373&highlight=elephant

Wul
17th November 2003, 05:55 PM
I'm insured with priviledge who are also part of the RBOS consortium - they beat MINI, Direct line, elephant, NU, Tesco, etc and they also have specifice MINI pack cover ie Chilli - as initiially they quoted me without and it was helluva cheap! :)