PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations To...............

Smitty
14th May 2006, 02:03 AM
GRETNA

I'm sorry all you Hearts fans, but the story of the day is Gretna's performance!

Outstanding, if every team worked that hard in a football, the Scottish game would be so much better!:)

Standing to applaud every Hearts player as they went to collect the cup just shows what good spirit they have! Their name deserves to be on the cup:D

we'll just not mention that very very dodgy decision the ref made with Skacel and Main;)

duncan
14th May 2006, 03:04 AM
quote:we'll just not mention that very very dodgy decision the ref made with Skacel and Main

Dodgy? Nah, Ref called that one right. Main made no attempt to impede, Skacel ran into him.

As you say though, Well Done Gretna. The First Division will be interesting next season, for sure.

The Dogfather
14th May 2006, 03:47 AM
I didn't see the Scottish Cup, I was otherwise engaged with another final that went to penalties :eek:.

BUT, it looks like there were two brilliant finals today :D

markyc
14th May 2006, 05:44 AM
Here here Smitty well said that man :approve::approve::approve::approve:

Gretna can hold their heads high they have certainly done Scottish Football the world of good and will continute to do so :D There sould be more football club owners like Brooks Mileson, don't really give a sh!t, in it for a good laugh and the love of the game :approve::D;)

minidriver#1
14th May 2006, 06:38 AM
If he didn't give a sh*t he wouldn't have invested his money and the club wouldn't have gained promotion nor a cup final place. It's exactly that reason, that he did give a sh*t, that his club has performed the way he has. And why has he given a sh*t? Because he's fed up of the state of Scottish football and he's stated that many times.

Congratulations on them getting to the final, and thats coming from a Dundee fan, who they knocked out deservedly in the semi final.

N12 JLK
14th May 2006, 06:57 AM
Its a pity for all the Hearts fans though, who ever Gretna met anyway in the final it was always gonna be Gretna's day. Just a pity they didnt stuff the jambo's.(sorry hearts fans), no I dont support the old firm I'm with the Jags;)

X30YES
14th May 2006, 02:30 PM
Good on Gretna and thank's to them it was an interesting and enjoyable final (c'mon the wee team )....enough to keep me oot the pub for the afternoon :eek:, well till about 5pm that is ;).
Even had two Bus loads stop in Strathaven for a ''refreshment'' or two and eat the toon oot o pies etc :D:D:D

Smitty
14th May 2006, 07:59 PM
I think the best thing about Brooks is that he sits witht the fans during the game! It seems as if money does not effect him, and he is just a big football fan!

If only Stewart Milne was a bit more like him!!:blackeye::dead:

As for Hearts.....there becoming the new Rangers (no.....not occasionally good)....hated by everyone!!:approve::p

As for FA Cup......did you's see Gerrard 2nd Goal:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Suzi
14th May 2006, 09:40 PM
All credit to Gretna, they put in a performance that nobody thought they were capable of.

As a big Hibee though :p, seeing the look on Harley's face when he realised he was busted for kicking Townsend made up for Hearts winning the cup.

X30YES
14th May 2006, 09:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Suzi

All credit to Gretna, they put in a performance that nobody thought they were capable of.

As a big Hibee though :p, seeing the look on Harley's face when he realised he was busted for kicking Townsend made up for Hearts winning the cup.
:eek:.........:blackeye:;)

markyc
15th May 2006, 05:58 AM
Brooks Mileson doesn't give a sh*t about the material things that go football club ownership He is quite happy to sit with his own in the terraces eat greasy takeaway food go for a beer with the punters and more importantly listen to what they have to say :approve::D

SarahMunro
19th May 2006, 12:24 AM
I'll put my hands up and say that Gretna definately deserved to win on Sat. I was there and hearts were rubbish, this coming from a jambo. I'm happy that we won but Gretna should have lifted the cup. Can't believe i'm saying that but it is the truth. :I

Crombers
21st May 2006, 12:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

Brooks Mileson doesn't give a sh*t about the material things that go football club ownership He is quite happy to sit with his own in the terraces eat greasy takeaway food go for a beer with the punters and more importantly listen to what they have to say :approve::D

Apparently he doesny drink MC :clown::p;)

Crombers
21st May 2006, 12:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by SarahMunro

I'll put my hands up and say that Gretna definately deserved to win on Sat. I was there and hearts are rubbish, this coming from a jambo. I'm happy that we won but Gretna should have lifted the cup. Can't believe i'm saying that but it is the truth. :I

Quite right , Hearts are rubbish ;):D